1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

aGatti Doll - part 2

Aug 24, 2016

1. We need to see some of the muscly guys! Post pictures, pretty please.

I finally got around to making Jake a wig. Those little heads...

[​IMG]

I would love to see some more of the Mishas. How many do we have in here? At least three or four, I'd think.

2. Hot damn. Your Misha is smoking hot!

3. Finally found a bit of time to play with my dolls, just got one of the Iplehouse FIDs so intending to take a group photo of Misha, Ntombi, Raccoondoll Emma and Iple FID Stella.

4. Thanks, Walter.

Any photos are good, avrilpaeony

Anyone got any ideas where I could find denim overalls/dungarees that might fit these chaps? If it has in scale details (buckles, buttons etc) and not the stupid huge stuff everything seems to have, extra Brownie points.

5. Beautiful wig, you used alpaca hair? With what you drew a beard? What colors did you use?

6. Nice job , I'm far behind with my work on agatti, some collectors have proposed two exchanges with wigs, 14 wigs for a bjd and 3 wigs for 2 dress - and recently dropped a crazy ice that has hibernated my little country, does so cold that froze the pipes of the boilers ... For Nitombi, the hardest part will be the bliushing body, at this time it's me versus the dark skin of nitombi, I wanted to make very clear details but it is an impossible mission, takes only 3 colors : black, brown and red, the end of usable colors. I wanted to get to a flesh-colored. If you have suggestions I willingly accept them , she is my first body blushing

7. @Alessandroparisi, yes, Suri alpaca for for the wig. And the stubble was drawn with watercolour pencils. It was probably a dark, a mid and a light dull brown/grey for that (it was a while ago).

And have another view, just because I have processed another shot from the session.

[​IMG]

8. On brown resin I study the color wheel and work out what the outcome may be but the ultimate result has to be experimented. Brown = red + blue + yellow.
      Blue pigment on brown turns a cool black. Purple becomes red. Orange for a warm brown. The color changes after spraying the sealant over which blends them in together.
      Alternative is acrylic paint dense enough to cover over the resin pigment so it does not blend but looks a lot less natural.
      I do not like to use pure black except for hair color as black skin is never actually black even when extremely dark.
      Good luck.
      I have not painted Ntombi yet either.

9. but you spray a base under? Or I have to proceed directly on the resin?

10. MadamMauMau Misha's wig is super,
      how did this wig. You could show
      My Thor
      n][​IMG]
      [][​IMG][

#150 Desdemona, Jan 14, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    11. I can't find Part One of this discussion thread. Did it have at least the measurements of the men she now creates or even the early version? I am hoping like never before that I hear back from the amazing artist that creates these small men. I so would love to get a Misha but if I can just get any of her men I will be over the moon. I have never wanted a guy bjd since my Eddie this badly.

Any info on the artist's process would be most welcomed. Also photos, loving the photos.
      Ok found part one, but I can't see measurements. The photos with marks for measurements I can't understand. Could someone at least tell me how tall he is and basics like chest, waist, hips and feet. Thanks.

#152 animemom, Jan 15, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    12. @animemom There are measurements of the mCC body (the one that the Misha head goes on) in my review here. The Misha head was a one release limited edition, so sadly he won't be coming back. Natalya does one limited head per release. She has previously done an excellent Tom Hiddleston, which a lot of people would love to see again, but she has been adamant. Lots of great standard heads in her repertoire and lots of great ideas coming up, so keep your eyes peeled.

@Desdemona he looks great bald! But, yes, come and join us in the wig thread for lots of experimenting and swearing.

Right, I am going to risk some SD13 dungarees for my Misha. I have no idea how big SD13 is, but it seems to be round about the right size (I hope). *Goes off to spend money*

13. do you mean SD13 size? or is there a brand named same? former, I've gotten SD13 girl clothes for zaoll...

14. Yes. SD13 size, which I do understand is generalising a Volks range to refer to other dolls of a similarr size. Do you have an mCC? If so, do the SD13 clothes fit?

15. not yet. is mCC bigger than mCCC? if so, it might? mCCC is smaller than Zaoll*. found this for boy size: Super Dollfie 13 - DoA BJD Wiki | Den of Angels

* -edit: scale-wise i meant. width-wise they're about the same with mCCC having broader shoulder and maybe waist. I'm not sure how dungarees that look good on her would look on him?

#156 ATYL, Jan 15, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    16. mCC is smaller than MCCC (the "muscle" body), but there isn't a lot in it, from the comparison photos. I'm not aware of there being any measurements of the mCCC, but I might just have missed them.

I have also just had a look around and can find no, definitive measurements for SD13 girl. It appears there was an original one and a new one ("Graffiti"). Aaargh! Most of the measurements I have found are pretty close, bar the length of the legs (longer in SD13 than aGatti) and the waist, so I will risk it.

17. i just found some jeans and pants of hers and will try them (if they work / with adjustments i won't have to make him pants ^^)

18. Do report back. I know SD girl t shirts fit, but have never tried bottom halves.

19. thats good to know about tee shirts. here's a pic: agatti sd10 sd13 clothes sm
      I think the jeans are dollmore for zaoll but not positive as they were 2nd hand. no idea where former zaoll owner got the pants. neither labelled.
      huh. i wonder if Billy doll clothes would fit...