1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

AiL Alice in Labyrinth - Alice head

Sep 29, 2007

1. yay she shipped and she should be home by tomorrow or tuesday at the latest,:). i'll open up the box to make sure she's fine (and what resin she matches:D ) and then she's off to Ravendolls for her faceup. I'm so glad she's taking comissions because she does the innocent and simple faceup i'm looking for for this girl. i'm so happy!!!!:love :love

2. Toxic,
      Did you get her? What color is her resin? I can't wait to see pics, even of her blank face.

3. yeah, i got her :D For an artist head, its very very professional and you can barely tell any defects. there are some tiny tiny ones barely perceptible. i'm not a perfectionist so they don't bother me in the least :)

I only got to take a brief look at the resin combo ( i didn't have her body at the time) but she matched Volks Pureskin NS ok, though the one i matched her against was UV and the body i got her isn't; hopefully the match is ok:sweat . Sorry, didn't take any pictures of her blank head but i actually got the same head as the one on YJ so the pics are the same. (there are some tiny little bubbles on the back of her neck which i noticed on the pics) She's with Ravendolls right now so hopefully she'll be home by the end of this week/beginning of next :dance

4. OMG can't wait to see pictures!!!!

5. I saw your girl in Ravendolls thread! She is gorgeous!!!!! Congrats hun!
      *I want 1 too someday XD*

6. Thanks! Ravendolls gave her an amazing faceup! I'm so happy with how she turned out:D . I will post pics as soon as i have her together, i'm still waiting for her eyes and wig.:)

7. Any pictures yet?

8. :aheartbea How much are the heads? I want to buy Chole and Alice.

9. I do hope I am in the right spot for asking this question, if not - could someone please direct me - I would be very grateful.

I am quite new to these dolls, so this may be a very silly question but I just want to be sure that I don't do any harm to my dear doll.

I have finally put together my first doll - or at least her parts! I have an Alice head (sigh... I do want all of them...) and a Volks Swaricco body and I am just a bit timid about putting them together! I have seen a lot of threads for restringing but not exactly just changing heads. I did find this link

http://eluts.com/frontstore/webboar...de=lutsdoll_2&bId=2397&mode=&sField=&sString=

Is there anything special to Alice and Volks Sawaricco that I should know about before I attempt to connect the two? It seems as if I need to pull hard (really hard) is that right? Do I need any extra parts?

I certainly welcome any help, suggestions...or moral support!

10. No extra parts needed! :)

Just pull the S-hook and cord up through the hole, twist the S-hook into place and you will have a complete doll. :) It should be a bit of an effort to pull through, I sometimes get someone else to hold the body firmly while I use another S-hook or hook shaped tool to pull. Once I even tied the end of my cord with rope to a heavy table so I could lean with all off my weight to get the doll tight enough! :lol: That was interesting. Normally, you shouldn't have to go through that.

11. idrisfynn.. :aheartbea bless you!

12. Hi,
      I have an Alice in Labyrinth Alice head and need some help with the neck size. What size neck does the head fit well on? I have it on an SD13 boy right now and it is sort of floating on top of the neck and won't fit. Please let me know!

13. The Alice head was made to go on a SD10 or 13 girl body so it's understandable that the boy body would be too big. The SD13 boys have a neck that's about a centimeter thicker than the girls.

Are you trying to make an Alice boy? If so, you'll have to look into slimmer boys that match Volks resin, like maybe a Domuya Flexi body. Soom Gem boys are a pretty good resin match too.

14. Thanks! Yes I have made my Alice into a boy but the SD13 body he is on doesn't fit his neck opening, and his head is kind of floating on the top of the neck. I am looking for boy resin matches with slim necks that could fit, as I am not confident enough to sand the neck down myself.

15. Well, because of the neck not fitting the boy bodies well I have decided to turn him into a girl. I have already changed his faceup. But before I purchase a body I was wondering what neck size fits an Alice head well? 9.5cm or 9cm? Please let me know!

16. Just received my Chloe head and will be ordering the Alice head! I've got addicted to the AIL sculpts! They are really gorgeous!!