1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Aileen Doll Tiny discussion part 2

Jun 29, 2018

1. @chemcat - Oh, I love the colors! Was Ashes all white to begin with? He came out great!:D

2. Thank you! Yes, Ashes was white and I blushed her with pastel.

3. Been keeping an eye on this company as they release some of their wip on the V3 dragons and I'm not sure I'm feeling them. It looks like they will be far more mobile, but aesthetically they just don't look as nice as the past two versions.

4. Where are you seeing them?

5. I've been keeing an eye on this facebook page: Aileendoll Europe

6. @Krissim - Thanks for the link! I'm not on Facebook so I don't see these things otherwise. I agree that the new body has more mobility but is less aesthetically pleasing. I suppose the increased size is necessary for the bended knee pose, which is cute but not really necessary IMO. I shouldn't judge before seeing a fully painted version, but they'll have to do a bit more than this to impress me.

7. Hey @vermont chick how about INSTAGRAM? @aileendoll_europe

@Krissim keep following. We DO have an ace up our sleeve...

8. Thanks for Instagram link! The new dragon does have possibilities!

9. Oh thanks! Yeah im not really into the new one either

10. @Sakura_LH - I don't subscribe to Instagram, either, but I can usually get in if someone posts a link. I did find the page in question. Thanks!

11. Not sure how I feel about the less jointed dragon version that was revealed either. This one sort of goes at the opposite end with too little joints. As the hands/arms appear to be one piece I'm not sure if that it would be considered OT for DOA now. I'm also sure how I feel about the removal of the chest piece as the chest piece always gave a feeling of organic body weight to the original dragons where the new version looks unnaturally ridged, especially with those overly perfect stomach scales.

12. Oh my.... No.

13. Version 3 has its own charms. I think it would be better if they used that body to create different dragons. I'm not quite sure why they essentially did a resin plamodel... I'll personally stick to the kits.

I am eagerly awaiting Seed. I keep checking his tracking just in case. X3

14. The ver. 2 dragon body is my favourite aesthetically, and I'm disappointed I wasn't able to get one before they were retired. It seems like it was ages ago that they were retired, too.

I'll keep watching to see how the new sculpts turn out once painted.

15. Version 3 is finally posted on AileenDoll's main site. So far there is only a temporary photo of Lapis with no price and no dates, which makes me wonder if the dragon to be sold will be Lapis or one of the others. (On the photo is the statement: This concept image can be replaced with a real product.) Personally I would rather it be one of the others, because I already have Lapis in ver.2. I also don't have the money right now, so I'd be perfectly content if they waited a little longer to start selling.

Posting is up with more photos but the sale doesn't start until April 20th. I just noticed that they are calling the v.3 blue dragon Lazuli instead of Lapis. Either way, it's the same dragon. The last photo shows v.3 Lazuli with a v.1 Classic 10.5cm dragon, apparently coming soon. I don't know what to think of the Classic, as it seems to have no arm or leg joints (just shoulders and hips), which makes it less mobile than the Pico babies.

#57 vermont chick, Apr 14, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    16. Lapis version 3 sale is now live! I just bought one, he's super adorable and I really like the skin color. I haven't ordered from this company before so I'm not sure how good they are with keeping their 30 - 50 day turn around time. Also kinda bummed out that I have to order the eyes separately, but I would have to have gotten a good pair elsewhere anyways for a similar price.

17. @middletails - Congratulations! Did you order the version 3 Lazuli or the smaller Classic Lapis? My last dragon order from them was placed on 7-28-18 and received 9-12-18, so they were keeping their scheduled turnaround time then. (Don't forget to count business days only, not weekends or holidays.) I remember getting eyes from them, but nothing fancy. I think that's the way many companies do it. You get a pair of default eyes, usually acrylic, unless you pay extra for the eyes shown in the photos.

18. @vermont chick - Thank you! :D It's the version 3 Lazuli. I keep forgetting that it's business days, but hopefully he'll come once I'm back from my trip in June. The site had mentioned that the eyes were not included, that's why I had to choose the eye option.