1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

AKAGIDOLL - 72 cm and 66 cm dolls

May 31, 2013

1. Hello!

I really do need your help, I want to get the 66cm version 2 body in NS for my Switch Ryuzo head and I will really appreciate if someone can give me any info about resin match and proportions.

Thank you in advance!

2. Does anyone know when the current Akagi event ends? Alice's Collections has the discounts on their website, but no information about when the event ends. I can't check the Akagi Facebook, so I was wondering if anyone here has any info!

3. Not sure when it will end, but I can tell you when I ordered mine (August 31st, also from Alice) it was with the 21% off sale discount. Since there is no sale information, it might not end for awhile. Just a guess, though.

4. Thank you! I wish there was an ending date somewhere, because I really want to get You Yue soon, but I also have another preorder opening soon that I want to get in on... It does seem likely that it'll be going for a while though, if there's no set ending date. I sure hope so!

5. I have looked at those heads for a long time. They all look very unique!!!

6. I just got an email from Alice collections that my Yair has shipped!! :dance I'm so excited, I've been waiting since mid-March and now it'll be less than a week (assuming he doesn't get stopped too long in customs) until he's home!!

7. Does anyone have any akagidoll 1/3 head hybrids, preferably in normal skin? I realy wanna make a hybrid with my Ban head but resin matching has me so nervous. ;u;

8. @Cap'n - I have an Akagi Doll Tanta hybrid. I've attached his head to a Dollclans S line body. I can take some pics of the resin match for you if you'd like. ^^ (Dollclans have a a U line and Y line body as well, and they would be around the 60cm mark. These might be a better option for the Ban head.)

9. @rensirita - Yes please!! Thank you! I'm not so much worried about the size as I am the color. I've never made a hybrid before. >.<

10. @Cap'n - Here's my boy! First photo was taken under halogen lights, and the rest were under natural light. Hope that helps! :)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

11. @rensirita - Oh, the skin tone looks almost perfect! *°*
      Thank you!!

12. @Cap'n - You're welcome! ^^ Hopefully you find a suitable body soon!

13. Hi all! I was wondering if anyone had an Akagidoll body in white skin and could tell me what kind of undertones it has. I'm planning on getting the Ver. II 66cm body in white for a head I'm getting, but the head is pretty stark white with no yellow or pink undertones (or extremely slight ones), so I'm wondering how the match will be. Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help!

14. Sorry for the late reply!

I'd say the Akagidoll white skin is a bit of an in between - not really yellow, but not really pink undertones. More of an in between. It's not as yellow as my yellow-toned dolls (April Story NS, Leekeworld NS; both are probably fairly volks-matching) but not as pink as my pink-toned dolls (Doll Family H Pink skin, Fairyland NS) but not as pale/white as my white skin dolls (Fantasia Doll WS, Swandoll WS; Swandoll was labeled as being close to Volks white skin.)

The Akagidoll white skin matches nearly exactly with Ringdoll normal skin (based on my 2016 Akagidoll and 2016 Ringdoll pieces); so if you can find any comparisons with the head you want and Ringdoll normal; the Akagidoll will be similar in match.

15. I did a hybrid of my Switch Ryuzo head on an Akagidoll 66cm body. The proportion is perfect and the resin match is around 98%, in some lighting you can't tell the difference. The body is darker than the head, same color gradation.

Rhapsody Finally Got His Body: Akagidoll 66cm Ver. 2

16. still loving my Ban hybrid girl - ''normal' on impldoll idol female body in 'pink' although this batch from impldoll was very pale compared to another 'pink' I had from them. Pink always varies batch to batch so there's no guarantees - I've had both body and head for a couple of years now, and they have both faded and mellowed, to complicate matters further - I'm not fanatical about resin matching though.

[​IMG]impldoll/akagi hybrid by elve, on Flickr

17. I'm still wondering if I should get a 47cm or a 66cm version. Then I was looking at Dikadoll 73cm body and wondered how the head would look on it, maybe with female hands as well but those probably wouldn't fit.

Does someone here also have a Dikadoll and can do a comparison?

18. Beautiful dolls.

I really like the 66cm boy body the second version. Do you guys know how long the waiting time is for a body?

Thank you in advance for the help :)

19. I ordered a full 66cm doll from Alice's Collections on August 31st 2016, and it shipped November 27th 2016; I'd imagine the wait time for just a body would be pretty similar, and I wouldn't think the wait time would vary greatly from the end of 2016 to now.

20. I can't say exactly how long it'll be, but for reference I ordered a 66cm doll (with a face up) from Alice Collections on March 14th 2017 and he shipped out on June 4th, so my guess would be about 2 months or so? Based on previous posts in the thread, 2-2.5 months seems pretty standard for turnaround times.

Plus, I have to agree, the second version body is wonderful. That's the one I got, too! ;)