1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

AKAGIDOLL - 72 cm and 66 cm dolls

May 31, 2013

1. Awww. :( I'm hoping for the same, but I think I'll wait. I can wait a month, and so can my wallet. >A>

2. Just a note for who live in USA , and wanting to see AKAGIDOLL in real. Mint On Card will have a TANTA to display in store soon. Do you guys live near MOC?

3. I wished I lived near MOC! But I hope I can see Tanta in real soon - currently I'm calculating if I get the full set boy from Jeeryama (not just the head as I original had in mind). Hopefully I can order him on layaway this month :D

Also I can't wait to see pictures of the 66 body. All the boys look really handsome already.

4. Sorry for the delay!! Had a bunch of stuff to worry about all on the same day, but here's a link to my box opening and a picture just cuz >w< . His name is Kafka.

[​IMG]

5. Kafka is amazing!! Thank you for sharing your box opening! He is such a handsome man, and wearing this uniform makes him even more amazing! Can't wait to see him with faceup :D

6. Oh man, Neonraver247, he is gorgeous! I'm wondering how poseable he is though. :O! Is he double jointed at the elbows as well? And man that butt joint looks unique, can he do fetal position? *has so many questions* I'd love you forever if you can answer them!! <3 <3

7. His elbows are... different lol. They are technically double jointed, but really the double joint doesn't actually do much. His arm just snaps back to a normal bent position and won't stay bent further then 90 degrees. I suppose a simple mod to put a channel in the elbow joint would help.

He can sort of do a fetal position, but it does pull his hip joints out of socket. The mobility joints of his thighs could use a higher ledge to allow him to bring his knees to his chest, which he can't do unless the aforementioned hip joints are our of socket.

8. Mmm I see. Thanks so much! I'm rather hoping the 66cm version will have the double jointed elbows more functional. :O

9. Yeah, I'm curious to see what that body is going to look like. I would hope the elbows (and hands lol) are improved. I did forget to mention the hands have the "1-touch" system that volks has so you don't have to unstring his arms take off his hands, which with the size of them, is required whenever you want to change his shirt. I'm considering repositioning his fingers since his hands really are nicely sculpted but ugh... Kung-Fu grip indeed!

10. *peeks head in*

^^; Hi guys! I just ordered a Tanta head. I was wondering what resins match this beautiful company's normal skin. I'm specifically looking for: Granado new normal, or either of Angell-Studio's normal colors, or soom's resin.

11. Hey there! I saw your question in my box opening, so I took some pics for you. I don't have any Angell-Studio dolls, but I did a comparison of akagi with the newest Soom I've got (Sabik SG who I got early this year) and granado PS that's probably almost a yr old now. There's also a RS/BBB NS foot in there too 'cuz its a common color and the same color as the MiniMee head I've got. (Granado on top, Akagi hand holding Soom piece, BBB). Its a decent match for Granado, tho yellower and EV resin. Its about as different as my DollClans head to a Popo body, so I could totally live w/ it

[​IMG]

12. omg this is GREAT! Thank you so much! Definitely ten times more excited now that I know what body to get him :3

13. :D I'm glad it helps! Here's a little better picture of the direct resin against resin match for the 2 (lol and those crazy graspy hands)

[​IMG]

14. Whee~ happy that i can find discussion thread about akagi doll here \(^_^)/ .. I've been in love with their 66cm dolls, especially Hugues/Huo Xiang :D .. Just so pretty!! They come pretty cheap too :( but i don't think i can have them right now *out of money*

15. Hello everyone!
      Very glad that there is a club of owners of these beautiful dolls!
      May I ask the owners of Tanta. My doll can not stand up straight: constantly leans then right, then left. Joint in the lower back moves very freely. And how are your dolls?

16. I saw on Akagi Doll facebook page that the 72cm dolls weigh 7kg. Are they really that heavy?

17. I only have Tanta's head (but ordered his body right after the head's arrival), but his resin is already very heavy, so I'm sure the body will weigh a lot.
      I'm wondering what kind of clothes will fit. Most companies I have checked have different sizes, Tanta's measurements are really huge.

Can't wait to get his body now, I have finished the faceup of his head today:
      [​IMG]

18. Oh wow, Sadomina, that faceup is gorgeous!
      Iplan on getting a Tanta in a couple weeks. Husband says I have to wait until after Otakon--Why? I have no idea. I'm just happy he agreed to let me get one! XD
      For those who have one already--does the size 16 eye suit him well, or should I go up or down a size? Also, does a 8-9 wig fit properly?

19. That's a beautiful faceup Sadomina, I really like the eyebrows.

I got a message from Jeeryama saying that my head shipped! I'm so excited, he'll be here soon. :)

I know this might be a long shot, but does anyone know if Akagi Doll's normal skin matches Loongsoul's Normal Yellow? It looks like it probably does, but I want to be sure, before committing 100% to that body.

20. Thank you, frillyrattie and thesunalsorises!
      About the eye size: I have tried 16 and 14, before I had attached the eyelashes the 16 looked quite ok, but afterwards they were far too large, almost no white visible anymore. I'd recommend 14mm for him. My boy is wearing 16mm from Dollshe (Dollshe is always smaller; 18mm look like 16mm, 16mm like 14mm,...)
      As for the wig, if you use a stretchy 8-9 wig, it might fit. I tried svereal wigs on him - most 8-9 fur wigs are too small, 9-10 fit best, but also my 8-9 from For my Doll fit well. My Tanta is wearing Soom Arkose's wig, I think that's a 9-10 but I'm not sure.

[​IMG]