1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

AKAGIDOLL - 72 cm and 66 cm dolls

May 31, 2013

1. That's actually really good to hear, because I already have those sizes fom other dolls. :D

2. I got my Tanta head yesterday! He's beautiful even without a faceup, and his sharp angular features look really good in real life. As others have said the resin feels a lot denser than others, and his head is thicker than my Loongsoul Michelle. Anyway I tried giving him a faceup today, and I failed so badly that I wiped it before the acrylic paint could even dry. I'm going to try again later, and hopefully it'll be at least decent.

3. Ahh I'm so in love with these boys~ <33 thanks for the owner pictures!! Mint on Card has a 20% off discount right now as well. I just got a new doll, but Roosevelt is just so nice! An $266 for a doll is a very good price! (&#12388;&#1044;`)&#12494; I've been eying then since I found them on eBay..!!

4. So glad to have found this thread! I stumbled across these boys at Mint on Cards last week and have been debating about getting one on layaway. I just adore the Tanta head. It's great to see all the wonderful owner pics posted on here and to read the reviews. <3

5. I just stumbled on this company and their introduction event through MOC. I am quite tempted to get one, but I am very concerned about the availability of clothing that will fit them properly. Do we have any information on companies/seamstresses that make clothing to fit these dolls? I checked the Wiki, but there isn't a sliver of information on these dolls yet.

6. Lol I've been totally missing that this thread was moving! I'll have to get some pictures of Kafka now that he's got a face up.

For clothing, yes these guys are pretty big. Alice Collections has a whole section of clothing that can be sized to measurements, that's where I got his uniform and it fits perfectly. I haven't compared their measurement to other dolls but other big boys are super senior delfs, they tend to be very... Lol robust.

Weight wise, yes they are heavy! Not my heaviest (EID) but he is in the heavy weight class!

7. I fell in love with Tanta upon seeing him in that military uniform! From what I've heard, the body has a very distinct sculpt, so regular 70cm clothing will not fit it. At least Alice's Collections offers sizing as well as that aforementioned default outfit (plus the cap too)!

8. For the curious, Ara* and I were discussing the differences of the 70cm body she got Nov. of 2012 and the body I got in 2013. The hand sculpt is obviously pretty different, but we discovered the wrist joints on her body are flatish while mine are a separate ball and socket type. I'm posting some pictures so everyone can see what it looks like on my body.

[​IMG]

Hand removed, "one-touch" type mechanism for changing hands

9. I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm planning on putting the Huo Xiang (Hugues) doll on layaway on MOC soon. I'm just not sure if I want to get the 66 cm or 68 cm body. It's his legs that are longer, and looking at the nude photos on MOC I think I might want that bit of extra length there, it seems that his torso is *very* long to me. I love his face though, he has such cute sad eyes.

10. I'm so glad there is a thread for this!! Ive been looking at akagi dolls for quite a while already and im planning to get a roosevelt! He has like the perfect oresama aura a doll can have!! But i would like to ask if anyone have tried putting their head on other doll company's body??? Cuz im not a big fan of their body compared to their beautiful face sculpt . >_<

11. For people asking about what fits 70cm Akagi boys- I've had good luck with clothing from Iplehouse. The line for their Model EID's works out well. Here's a full body shot of my boy (before I gave him a faceup and changed his wig)

[​IMG]
      Sorry the photo is so tiny. The other version is enormous and I didn't want to clog the thread with some huge (not very great) cellphone picture.

12. I haven't tried putting Tanta' s head on a different body, but if your looking for an alternate one, you'll want to keep in mind to look at EV resin options. Island doll, Angell-Studio, Loongsoul, and Ringdoll all have 60-70cm boy bodies in EV resin ^^.

And those EID clothes look really good on your doll! I never even thought about them fitting.

13. Thanks, Neonraver247! My Akagi Doll actually has a NS Granado head on and those resins are a very close match and the neck sizes are about perfect as well. Here's a shot of him pre-faceup.
      [​IMG]

Sorry, once again, for the crappy cellphone pic. So, maybe if Granado bodies interest you, Radeclown? I think they're a wee bit smaller (68cm?) but it might work out?

14. I'm getting my Loongsoul body soon (I got the shipping notice, today.) If anyone one wants I'll put up pics when it arrives.

15. Ohhh thank you for the information it really helps!! ^U^

16. Oh yes please! I am keen on finding out how they will look with a akagi doll head ^^

17. I just got his body today! I really liked how he turned out, I think Loonsoul's body works really well with him. The only thing, Loongsoul's normal Yellow resin is a touch lighter and not as yellow than Akagidoll's normal resin. It shifts depending on the light, but I think it works. Here's the pictures, please excuse my faceup, I'm still learning how to do them, and his eyes I stuck in a spare pair I had and they're a touch too big for him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. I took some resin match pictures of my dolls, maybe this can be also helpful:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Akagi normal skin is a great match to Volks pure normal skin. Also very good match to Luts (Luts is a hint lighter). Dollshe oriental looks quite good too, but it's a little more yellow and darker compared to the other normal skins)

19. I wish wish wish they would sell the clothing. The General doll with the Nelson/Napoleon look is lovely and I'd loooove to have that outfit.

20. I recently discovered that the large Crobidoll shirts fit my Akagi boys. They have some nice stuff on that website. I'm afraid I'm not sure about pants- as I didn't order any.