1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

AKAGIDOLL - 72 cm and 66 cm dolls

May 31, 2013

1. My boy is currently wearing Dollmore Model size short leather jacket and Dollheart shirt 70 size (the shirt can be closed despite his wide chest, but I'd rather keep it sexy and unbuttoned).

[​IMG]

2. He looks great, Sadomina! I love that wig too.

3. I just ordered a Ban head, he'll be blank so I'll be practicing face ups on him which is a little terrifying but hopefully he won't look like a drag queen (unless he wants to, in which case rock on with the drag queen look).

I'm going to order a body after Christmas if I like the head, I really like how it looks in picture but in real life I may not like it enough to get a body but we shall see.

4. Okay wow, slow moving thread.

Anyways, I folded like an ikea lawn chair and bought a body, it arrived this morning in a cloud of resin smell. The body is pretty awesome, it has a different joint system than I'm used to but it seems to give it greater flexibility.

Stylistically, it looks great, not overly muscular but not too slender, a sort of runners physique.

No seams, the fingers are amazing looking, long and detailed.

This is my first boy body so I'm super impressed.

Now to hope the head arrives any time this year...or next.

5. Just a quick review since this company is quite new and some might be interested: I have just received my WS Akagidoll 72 cm boy body from Alice's Collections and I am quite impressed. It's tall and elegant, poses and stands easily and is quite well constructed. The hands are lovely! It was delivered within less than 3 weeks and came with with its own double bed - a very unusual carrier (with a terrible chemical smell). The skin tone is also very nice, a warm white with a bit of a rosé tinge. I am using this body with my Simply Divine Harlequin head.

6. I'd love to see photos of everyone elses boys when you have them assembled.

I bought a three piece outfit off of Ebay that fits my Akagi boys well. Also, in case anyone is interested, several of the Dollheart pants and shirts for 70cm boys seem to fit. Jackets are a no go because of the hands but, if you took them off the jackets would fit.

[​IMG]

7. I've ordered the 66cm size body for my DOD Homme Ducan head. As there's not much written about it, and more emphasis on the bigger body, I'll try to get some posing pictures and a review :)

8. Yes please! I'm interested to hear about the 66cm body! Can I ask where you ordered the body from? I found so many websites selling it and so many taobao stores with it that I'm confused :/

9. I can't wait to see reviews for the 66cm! I'm toying with the idea of putting a Hughes on layway, and I've been trying to figure out what would fit him.

10. I got my Hughes(on the 66cm body) back at the end of November. I've been putting him in 70cm clothing and it seems to fit him pretty well. The pants are a little big particularly around the waist but they stay up and look nice on him I think. I love his posing and his body is just gorgeous. Hope that helps! :)
      [​IMG]

11. Those are 70cm length pants? They actually look like they fit quite well! He's cute :)

12. I just got my Akagidoll 66cm You Yue. Here's the box opening thread, which has most of the information. ^^ Anyway, I got him for the body, so here's Zeke, my Leeke Khal on an Akagidoll 66cm body on the left. The other doll is Kristolf, my Leeke Mihael on a Little Monica body. I wanted to see the height difference since the 66cm body is the tallest body I have right now ;)

[​IMG]

I've not played around too much with the body since it's so tightly strung but the body is rather stable, and has locks everywhere, so he poses pretty good :D I have him wearing a SD17 shirt and a SD13 tata jeans (which are pretty loose on most of my dolls though I never did tried it on my SD13 body before). Another pair of skinny jeans (SD13 size) were kind of short for the Akagi 66 body though...

13. That's a good fit! I like his hands a lot.

14. Haha, I didn't like that they were kind of long though, and I didn't like the long nails >_<...so I ended up using Little Monica hands instead

[​IMG]

15. Those hands worked out really well. They look like a perfect match based on the photo. I've wanted to get some jointed hands for one of my Akagi boys but it's been hard to find something large enough for him.

16. I ordered Yusri last night and I blame ALL Y'ALL! lol

17. Maybe try Dollzone 70cm jointed hands? I'm not sure about the resin match (or if the hands are still selling :/) but I know that the hands are huge...my friend who got the 65cm and 70cm jointed hands once said she ended using the 65cm hands on her 70cm IOS guy cos the 70cm hands were just so big. And indeed her 65cm DZ hands were much bigger than the Soom jointed one I had.

18. That's a good point! The resin will be off (DZ's pink is pinker than Akagi) but their hands are enormous. I might have to look into it.

19. my 66cm Yusri just showed up! Wow, he is one impressive poser. Unfortunately a piece of resin on the side of his knee was broken off. I found the piece in the packaging so I guess I can glue is back on. But still. Booo :(

20. Aw! Poo! That stinks :(