1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alchemic Labo Unoa 2.0 Discussion part 1

Dec 28, 2006

1. hi Cliff-HongKong,^_______^
      welcome to the club!XDXD

(1) hmmm...it seems you need to pump out the little tab on her foot,
      you could place a little tear drop of hot silicone glue on the back and let it get a little cold
      the wear her the shoe and hold it in place so the silicone will take it's shape as it gets colder...
      be careful not to not glue the shoe to the foot,
      you can also let it get cold entirety by it own then reheat it slightly with a heat gun/blow-dryer
      and wear the shoe to reshape the silicone drop as it gets cold again,

(2) this is not a rare phenomenon,
      you either have to disassemble her and re-strung her a little tighter
      or you should visit a shop with knitting/sewing equipment and buy
      some elastic cord that will be a little thicker than their default cord..
      take the old one with you to have an estimation of how much thicker you need it to be
      but don't get one too thick as you have to twist it into a double loop
      and it won't go in through the holes that easily later,
      here is a tutorial of how to put her together with the new cord afterwords

(3) wear a thick glove and use a silicone gun to spring a little liquid under the faceplate
      (where the faceplate surface meets the neck and it's puzzly )
      then while still hot apply and smear the hot silicone with your gloved finger into a thin layer
      covering the whole under-surface of the faceplate, and let it get cold..
      take an X-acto knife,or a wire,a screw, or a pin, and open a small hole where the cord will pass through in
      and this will provide enough friction for the head to pose softly and hold the poses better,

I'm not entirety sure what they mean with "Chorffin" but,,,,
      I think it refers to "Cream & Chiffon(something like that)" which means that Cream comes with both her default and her optional faceplate (also known as 'dollybird' or "dolly sweet" etc,the one with the open mouth expression)

I hope this helps and you can make your doll work
      and you'll learn to enjoy and love her presence!^___^
      good luck,

2. there is a new fashion doll from FairyLand called ChicLine,
      turns out they are very similar with 2.0 in hip/waist/bust body measurements
      (bust is a little less than 8cm smaller)
      their cloth line is very stylish and nice and
      seems like we'll see a lot more cool stuff made for them,
      -

ChicLine Doll page

ChicLine Clothes page
      ChicLine Measurement page(scroll down)
      -
      |ChicLine Measurement|
      Chest circumference (Cm/Inch)
      16.7, 16.0/6.57, 6.30 ([U-Q|2.0]=17.5cm)
      Waist circumference (Cm/Inch)
      11.0/4.33 ([U-Q|2.0]=11cm)
      Hip circumference (Cm/Inch)
      17.5/6.89 ([U-Q|2.0]=17.3cm)

3. I just received a brand new Cream kit from DollShow28
      and i happened to be restringing my 1.5 along so I decided to try out a Hybrid combination,

here is U-noa 2.0 Cream with 1.5 Lusis/Sist lower legs and feet:
      [​IMG]
      lol.

4. My goodness, I just saw this post and I am surely not the only one who wishes you had come back and supplied some pictures to show how these boots fit our girls and whether they can “free stand” while wearing the boots.

Please come back and give us more information, i.e. the specific brand you purchased.

5. Oops, sorry about that...been having some webhosting issues but I'll upload some pics as soon as I get my account moved. I've actually bought several more pairs of heels made for DeeAnna Denton and they fit my Mocha very well too. Just need to be careful that any straps are the adjustable kind. I think they were by Sherry on ebay?

6. Can your Mocha stand in the Sherry brand heels?

For footwear items, my fit criteria is based on the doll mentioned actually being able to “free stand” in the specified footwear item and the item being constructed in a way to facilitate staying on the doll’s foot. Even if those first two criteria are met, regardless of the purchase price, I still do not want an item that is out of scale in looks when being worn by the doll.

Marcia is showing those Jennifer Sue brand of shoes being worn by both a CED foot on the left and Deeanna Denton foot on the right.

Picture of a CED doll’s foot and DeeAnna Denton's foot on a ruler grid and one of Unoa 2’s foot on the same ruler grid.

CED/DeeAnna Denton foot measures 5.0 cm with a tape placed along the foot curve and Unoa 2 falls between 5.1 and 5.2 cms.

Their arch shapes are markedly different as is the high point location of their arches and the angle of tilt at their ankles.

Here is a stiched together picture of all three feet. I was not able to to take all of the pictures in the same framing; however, if you consult the foot measurements on the ruler, you will have a better understanding of the differences in their feet size and shape.

I have coaxed a CED brand of open toe sandal shoe onto my Unoa 2 foot and the arch is off too much for the fit to be correct. Where the arch fits on the Unoa 2 foot causes the heel height to be too low, tilting Unoa 2 backwards, and not able to “free stand” in the shoes.

Here is a frontal picture of the leg and foot of all three dolls.

Seeing all of the above pictures should give you a clear idea of why CED and DeeAnna Denton can share the same boot/shoe size and just why it is an iffy proposition that boots/shoes made to specifically fit them will in reality be a perfect fit for Unoa 2.

Could be some CED/DeeAnna Denton size of boots/shoes will work for Unoa 2. If I was going to spend my money for a test case, I think I would try a style with closed toes before choosing an open toe style.

7. Wow n66x! I actually really like the way the 1.5 legs look on her. They work with her broad shoulders better imo :DD
      I love the high-heeled feet of the 2nd but one can have tons more shoe / pant options with 1.5 legs /feet strung on her.
      Does she stand well enough with her new legs? I'm super curious as you have given me a brilliant idea! X>
      Thanks so much for the pictures!

8. passionasfashion, wuahhhh thank you so much for the lovely info,
      the pictures and description is very informative,I'm very thankful for the information we've been gathering,
      -
      there is this Japanese on-line shop that makes custom shoes for 2.0
      I don't know if they accept international orders,
      she did answer to me through in an email a long time ago and
      her English were considerable(I think not from translator),^__^
      so there is a good chance if someone asks her to send internationally,
      -
      AnnaWorks e-Shop
      AnnaWorks Unoa2nd atelier
      AnnaWorks Tutorial Blog

-
      Suweylu I didn't string her very tight but she did stand, it seems the 1.5 would have needed some sanding to fit in the knee sockets better and also to look more proportional(very chunky in comparison) but I'm surprised none has decided to recast a pair of 2nd feet and give them ankle joints, it wouldn't be hard to do it if you have recasting abilities,then you separate, add joints and recast the newly customized parts,

what do you have in mind of doing?

9. a lot of people have been mentioning the fragility and difficulty of the 2nd's neck pegs to hold poses
      and I was wondering if doing something like this would be a good idea to replace those fragile resin pegs:
      [​IMG]

what ,aterial would you people recommend in using to replace them?

I'm trying to be careful while moving my 2nd Cream's head I don't want to damage the pegs
      but seems like there's less and less resin there every time you move her head.>____<;

my Mocha's neck pegs have been completely sanded off by chronic usage and her head swooned around

10. Thank you for telling me the information was helpful. I have added more pictures to my previous post that further clarify the differences in the CED/DeeAnna Denton feet versus Unoa 2 foot.

And, I certainly appreciate your taking the time to give me the information you have.

Unfortunately, that sellers styles are not want I really desire for my girl. I do have several pairs of official Unoa 2 shoe bases and will utilize them to make the styles I desire when time permits.

11. Glue sueding with a thin coating of low temperature glue applied to the neck opening of the head will supply traction and take care of the problem nicely. There really is no need to apply pegs to the neck of the body.

I cannot help but wonder if dolls whose pegs are wearing off so easily might be strung entirely too tight and therefore wearing the pegs off so rapidly. The pegs on my girl are not worn at all nor have the pegs on the necks of my numerous 1.5 version Unoa Q dolls.

12. yes my Mocha came like that with a layer of glue under her faceplate but her neck pegs sanded off,
      I suspect this is something in the assembly menu of the Gentaro Araki complete kits as
      I've only heard this problem from people owning the assembled edition..

13. It has previously been posted in this thread that the Kingstate boots that were made to fit the Tonner big Kitty Collier doll will fit the Unoa 2 and that is accurate and Unoa 2 can “free stand” nicely wearing those boots. I did not take the time to photograph her wearing a pair of those boots because several other people have already posted it was true and I am merely agreeing with those posters.

Originally those Kinstate boots were available in snake skin print, animal print, tan, red patent, white patent, and black patent.

The patent colors were made of thinner vinyl fabric than the other colors. Considering the amount of years ago that they were manufactured and the deterioration rate of thin vinyl especially when it is stretched, I would not recommend anyone drop the bucks for the 3 patent colors. My red patent pair bit the dust behind the stretching needed to get them on my Unoa 2.

My Unoa 2 is an excellent “free stander” in her Unoa 2 shoe bases. I did play with her stringing considerably to find the right tension for optimal performance.

Recently a poster reported that the Sherry brand of fashion doll shoes made to fit the Tonner DeeAnna Denton fashion doll will fit the Unoa 2. I asked to see pictures in evidence of this and whether Unoa 2 could “free stand” while wearing that brand/size of shoe.

In this post, I shared comparison pictures of the foot of CED, DeeAnna Denton, and Unoa 2.

Here is a comparison of Tonner DeeAnna Denton sandal and Unoa 2 shoe base.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST>>>>

14. Now I am in possession of 4 pairs of Sherry brand fashion doll boots in 2 styles; 1 pair of each style purchased as fitting DeeAnna Denton and 1 pair of each style purchased as fitting CED. There is no difference in the size of DeeAnna Denton and CED boots. They are one size that is interchangeable between those two dolls because both doll’s feet are very similarly shaped.

Frontal view of Kingstate Kitty boot and Sherry brand CED/DeeAnna Denton boot.

Side view of those two boots.

The Kingstate boots do fit the Unoa 2 because the toes are wider, the arch is shaped similarly, and the heel height is the most similar to the Unoa 2 shoe base.

Side view of Kingstate Kitty boot and official Tonner DeeAnna Denton shoe from a Tonner complete outfit for DeeAnna.

The official Tonner DeeAnna Denton shoes can be put on the Unoa 2 foot and Unoa 2 can “free stand” wearing those shoes; however, it is a very tight fit with no room for stockings and would stretch out the shoes making them subsequently loose on DeeAnna. To date, Tonner has not issued any shoe packs for purchasing separately with this style of shoes that come with some DeeAnna line outfits.

After having seen both an official Tonner DeeAnna Denton sandal (heel height entirely too low for free standing) and a closed toe shoe on my Unoa 2 doll, I would be most reluctant to drop the bucks, without seeing proof pictures in advance, to buy any opened toed shoe or sandal style that was marketed by any source to fit CED/DeeAnna Denton for use with my Unoa 2.

Here is a comparison of the heel height of a Sherry brand boot and a Unoa 2 shoe base.

Here is the look of the fit of a Sherry brand boot on a Unoa 2 foot. Note that these boots are a VERY SNUG FIT with no room at all for the thinnest of stockings let alone socks.

Because Unoa 2’s foot actually does not go all the way into the boot and her heel stops short of resting on the inner sole inside of the boot, it makes the heel height higher on her and therefore about equal with her own shoe base heel height.

Yes, she can “free stand” in this style and this style of Sherry brand CED/DeeAnna Denton fashion doll boots.

Here is a close up of the last style. Make note of the turned up cuff that would give you an inkling of the tilt angle of the boot shaft for taller styles of boots marketed by this brand in this size.

Just how useable another brand boots made to fit CED/DeeAnna Denton would prove to be definitely would be determined by how far the Unoa 2 foot goes into the boot, the tilt angle of the boot shaft, and the heel height of the item.

Do keep in mind that if you utilize any VERY SNUG FITTING footwear on your doll with no room for stockings or socks, you will increase the odds of the footwear staining your doll’s feet. The material itself and most especially the thread used in assembling the footwear should not be left in contact with your dolls extremities for very long. Most particularly in the "fashion doll" world, boots are known to be demons for staining.

Bottom line:

These two styles of Sherry brand CED/DeeAnna Denton fashion doll boots are able to be placed on Unoa feet making them USEABLE and Unoa 2 can “free stand” wearing them; however, these boots DO NOT FIT Unoa 2. They are in person some small in scale for the overall look of Unoa 2 and give her the “fashion doll” too small feet with large breasts appearance I moved away from years ago to become a resin addict.

What drew me to Unoa 2 in the first place was her superb head rotation with tilt up and tilt down to chin, her super arm positioning ability to support her divine hands, and her realistic human looking feet which are far more in scale with her long legged body.

Most definitely, I want to be able to purchase styles like those Sherry brand CED/DeeAnna Denton boots that really do fit Unoa 2 feet/legs properly allowing Unoa 2 to “free stand” in the footwear?

It is my hope that readers of this post who feel the same way I do will PM me. Getting a data base together for how many people would buy properly fitting boots/shoes and at what price could give us enough to convince the manufacturers of the Sherry brand product to make product for Unoa 2.

15. [​IMG]
      [Upd] | 4th September 2010
      new information was added concerning:
      [U-Q|2.0|CREAM] non-assembled kit | 39,900&#20870;&#65288;&#31246;&#36796;&#65289;
      apparently this kit is currently under construction
      as it's being "strengthened", and "variety" is being prepared,
      Please wait a little for further information concerning this update,

16. That is such fantastic news n66x! I just recently brought home a U-Q Cream. Originally I wanted to use Unoa 1.0/1.5 legs on the 2.0 like you had done but I just fell head over heels for her beautiful legs and ankles. Thanks so much for the update as always. X>

17. Suweylu, I just recently purchased a 2.0/Cream from WEBSHOP too and It'd be a little disheartening if she got a completely new joint construction that I'd feel very jealous about>____<;;; hopefully any new additions will be compatible with the old version dolls and also be sold separately...I'm hoping for double-jointed feet and a double-jointed torso with variety in bust sizes(it's unknown yet how much of her will be changed maybe a lot, maybe nothing more than just a pair of optional hands and one-two optional faceplates etc)...but I might have to update to the newer version if the doll's construction does get a lot different T___T..about the 2.0 Boyfriends it is not yet 100% confirmed and official hence why I edit it out of the previous news post, I do trust the source I found this information from but we should better be 100% sure about something before going around sprinkling non-fundamental rumors that may end up utterly false causing all this commotion,lol...

18. I knooow! I would feel pretty jealous too. XD I am so curious about what possible additions are in store no matter how big or small...I absolutely adore her so I can't wait to see what Araki&#20808;&#29983; has up his sleeve. X>> Although I love the sculptural aspect of her body just as she is, I'm all for some new hands and double-jointed / non-heeled pair of feet and a more flexible torso. >__< I'm too hoping that any new additions are interchangeable and accessible for people who have purchased the kit with the old 2.0 body. I have a feeling they probably will be since the WebShop tends to have most extra parts for separate purchase.

This. XD I read the post before you edited out the boyfriend bit! Totally didn't see that you edited out. *goof* Good thing I'm more of a lurker than an incessant poster on both here and on the Unoa forums lol > > But it's definitely a bit of rumor that I will be eagerly awaiting confirmation of!

Now if only the garage kit Unolas were to make it to the main sales then I would be eternally happy girl... But that's another thread altogether! XD