1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alchemic Labo update

Aug 21, 2004

1. Noriko, I think you might have it confused-- Lolly was talking about being logged into DoA, not Alchemic Labo ^^;;

But to try to answer your question, if I remember correctly, when the preorder is up, there is something like an online order form. It wouldn't be available right now because the preorder hasn't started. Just wait and see what it looks like this time. ^^

And Lolly, the diary entry from the 21st is exactly the same save for the last sentence asking we be "gentle" to them... I guess he figured it wouldn't help much by saying that. ^^;;; So its been removed...

2. Thank you, Kathryn, for telling me. A form would be so much easier than trying to write an email. I can write in Japanese more or less and add a little help from my cousin and a translater, but it would still come out a bit hokey. A form is so much nicer, since it tells exactly what is needed to process the order smoothly. :)

Sorry about my confusion about the cookies; you can tell where my mind was oriented... Unoa, Unoa, Unoa...
      :oops:

3. I e-mailed both crescent shop and celga, the wait to know if anyone can help me pre-order is killing me! i think i'm going crazy with worry... i want a Sist so bad, i even have a name picked out for her.
      logic says that crescent shop has helped in all the other unoa orders so why wouldn't they help with this one, but i'm still worried. eek. i just had to vent.

~Erin

4. From what I can tell from the previous preorder, it's one painted doll per person and one unasembled doll per person, so maybe Masamichi-san is negotiating with Alchemic Labo so he can order more and help those that need him to place the order. That's why it might be taking so long, since he needs to hear back from them first.

5. Yes, he has to find out whether he can do it. So people, PLEASE do not flood Masamichi! He will announce when he has information.

6. I have to second aimee here, there's no use in sending him or any other shopping service a bazillion emails about these dolls -- chances are, they've already gotten emails from a bazillion other people about the same thing and are just waiting to see what they can do to help us. Usually one email is enough to let them know you are interested.

I gotta hand it to these people who do these things for us, it must take a lot of patience and courage to deal with hundreds of us non-Japanese doll fanatics. ^^;; I wonder if there could be some way we as a group could say thank you to Masamichi-san for all his hard work over the years....

Anyways, patience folks, I'm sure we'll all be okay. ^^

7. don't worry... i only sent one e-mail a peice, and both were breif and polite. I do appriciate all the work that goes into getting these dolls for people that don't live in japan. Sist will be my first BJD (possably only, depending on finances since i'm transfering to a more expensive school next year), so i guess i'm a little over excited and worried since it's my first expirience with pre-orders.

~Erin

8. I'd like to point out that the customers are who keep Masamichi-san in business by paying his fees and he seems to earn these fees very well. Some deputy services don't do much for their customers and while Masamichi-san does a lot.
      When you pay his fee, it is like saying thank you. I don't think that it is polite to add an extra tip and if you send him a gift, by Japanese tradition, he will feel obligated to send you one in return. I suggest that in order to avoid problems to just pay his fee and politly say thank you. That's all that's necessary; he knows he is appreciated.

9. *cough* :oops: I'm very familiar with Japanese culture Noriko, I've spent quite a lot of time there. I wasn't talking about a gift, per se, more like a photo collection gift card kind of thing. I know its an insult to send money like that, and it would be hard to send him an actual gift. I was just thinking aloud anyways... I know a lot of people here have bought dolls from Masamichi, and now that he's not going to do Volks shopping anymore, I just thought a group thank you might be nice. =_=

Oh well. (/end rant) Sorry. I get carried away sometimes. *_*

Anyways, I hope some of you have options for ordering lined up, for some reason I get the feeling they'll open it up this weekend.....

I'm wondering if more optional parts will be added to the preorder list this time... I think a winking face might be really cute~

10. Noob here on the preorder....Does Masamichi post a message to the DOA list? If so the old DOA is not active. He has not answered my inquiry yet but surely knows of the preorder. Sure hope we hear something soon.

Lolly

11. actually a little photo book like you're talking about would be nice...!

12. Sorry that I misunderstood you, Kathryn...
      Anyway, your suggestion for a thank you gift card sounds nice. Though I have not used his service, myself, I have exchanged emails with him in the past and I find him to be a very kind and helpful person. He seems to give very personal attention and his customer service skills are excellent. This kind of approach is so rare these days.
      I wouldn't mind participating in the group thank you, because I know that perhaps someday I might need to use his services.

13. Noriko, no harm done, I guess I can come across as a silly country bumpkin sometimes. ^^;;
      I'm gonna move this over to the general discussion for now, no sense in flooding this thread when there's other folks hoping for more news about Unoa~! Which hopefully comes in sooner than later! After all, the end of august approaches and so does preorder time!

:D

14. I was wondering, do the 16" fashion doll clothing (Gene, Tyler, Alex) fit the UNoa, since the UNoa bodies are smaller and thinner than MSDs?

15. I have heard that some stretchy things like sweaters will fit but that pants won't. i've seen a couple unoas in the outfit for Daisy and Willow the Mod Brittish Birds called "captian's table". from the research i've done, Unoas have a completly different shaped body even though they're the same scale though, so tighter things won't fit. I'd also be worried about their hands, Tonner dolls have slim hands, while unoas have spread apart expressive fingers which might not fit through some sleeves.

~Erin

16. WHile the Daisy and Willow clothes are very nice and do fit- sort of. You would have to modify them a bit if they have long sleeves and move the snaps over Unoa wrists are bigger. I tried Gene ( none fit) a Tyler (none) and she could get into the Alex but not close it.

Lolly

17. Thank you for letting me know about the clothes...
      Gosh, MSD clothing is hard enough to find; I guess my UNoas will be nudists! ROFLMBO

18. For those who haven't seen yet, Masa posted a note about the Unoa preorder on Wednesday:

http://www.crescent-shop.com/cgi-bin/news/news.cgi?vew=1

Just a reminder...there's no point in us emailing him at all at this point...just gotta wait to hear the results of negotiation with AL.

19. Oooh! MAYBE this will finally be my chance! *crosses fingers* :D

20. I wonder when the end of August is they must mean early Sept...ALs reserve page hasnt been updated and still refers to second ordering period. Praying that Masa hears from AL soon and that we can get our pre order in.

Lolly