1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

*alert* SEVEN DISPLAY DOLLS MISSING FROM NY DOLPA

Jun 8, 2008

1. I don't see why Volks wouldn't take action. They'd most likely let you keep your doll, but please explain why they wouldn't let people know that they've found one of the dolls when they've contacted the police and set up this huge campaign to find them? If it's worrying about people finding out about the prices, it's pretty easy to find out the price of these things - they do have a website.

You did right, ShuriTigerH, for being so honest!

2. My one-off from Nov last year is also signed inside his head. Volks sells one-offs at various places besides the Dolpas, and since this doll does have a head plate (the numbers would help identify where it came from) and the make-up is not identical to the one from New York, it's jumping the gun to assume that it is a stolen doll.

It would be best to contact Volks with the head plate numbers to verify where the doll was originally sold before accusing the seller of being shady.

3. Doll theft just makes me angry. I hope that they are found and the person is caught!

4. I agree with ria_ria 100%. I never wrote that ShuriTigerH shouldn't have done what she did. I just said that I would be surprised if Volks take any action!

5. i heard someone was selling a few dolls for very cheap on ebay

maybe thats them?

6. Any links to this?

7. So glad to hear there's a chance the rest of these lovely dolls might be found. From what I hear of Volks (that they care a lot about their dolls and their customers), I think it's highly unlikely that they'll sit back and do nothing to find the others.

I'm assuming you mean this: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237100. Those were just some standard SD models, I think (except for the adorable Kun, which looked like she had custom faceup to me), but I didn't take a good look at them... anyway, none of the molds for sale matched any of the stolen ones, they were all SD10 girls.

8. :evil:This is just horrible, who would do something like that?:x

9. It seems possible the seller could have bought another WS MSD one-off and then switched the ears and head plate to try and throw people off. I would have thought it was possible that someone seeing the one-off girl (possibly before she was stolen) ordered a full choice with the same face-up, but then it wouldn't make sense why the head cap is signed and says one-off. It is possible the seller on Y!J isn't even the one who stole the doll but had already bought her off of someone else, so there are many possibilities. If it is her I am glad she has found a good home!

10. the bodies can be interchangeable, the ears also, and the hands/feet too....
      I guess just ask Volks if the artists' signatures in the heads are signed with gold color pen
      then we'll know if this "head" is the stolen one.....

11. I don't think it being signed in a gold pen would make it without question the stolen doll. Ciera could sign all her one-offs with a gold pen for all we know... ok so apparently she signs some in silver as I think someone mentioned it earlier in this thread. But saying "We'll know it's the stolen one if the stolen one was signed in gold pen." is a little silly.

12. Because One Off Model is "One Off", it is hard to consider that she made 2 One Off Models with the same makeup with the same head mold. Ears and head cap are easy to be switched. All photos were taken under the different light and with different cameras. You cannot judge "same" or "different" with photos.

But Volks has all informations of One Off Models. They have the data of One Off Models by Ciera, Ciera also can recall which doll she is.

However, Volks will not publicly announce that it is a stolen doll even when it is that missing doll. Because when Volks does it, a problem becomes very complicated, and they start to owe the serious responsibility. Even if they reply as it is an other doll, we cannot know whether it is true.

If Volks acts, it is performed under the surface of the water, and there is no reason they need to publicize all the processes during the investigation.

13. You are really strong to be doing this. I'm hoping that you just ended up with a legit one-off from another event and that she is not one of the stolen dolls. She is absolutely adorable and I congratulate you for receiving a beautiful doll.

If she does end up being one of the stolen dolls, let's hope that Volks lets you keep her and still donates to Make a Wish Foundation. You seem like a very good person and I do feel that if she is one of the stolen ones, that Mr. Shigeta will allow you to keep her because you tried to do what is right. Here's to hoping. *HUGS*

14. If this little girl is one of the taken ones, I'm glad she has found a loving home rather than being doomed to hide in a private collector's closet and never be seen by any others again.

Also: I've been keeping my eyes very closely on the fairy sculpts since I was so interested in them myself (and got an F21). There hasn't been, to my knowledge, any event other than the NY dollpa (IE: the Korean one) that had an F22 one off. There are one offs that are sold at local Sumukias, but the head sculpt is currently Sato exclusive, and I would expect any one offs to be as well. I'm sure many of our members have traversed Tenshi no Sato since then, and before then, and I haven't heard tale of another F22 one off for auction. The only other odd ball I know of that wouldn't be FCS and possibly have a signature are safely under the care of Tenshi no Sato and are being used as examples: IE: blanks for models, and the ones that were pictured in Dolly Dolly are being used for examples of long and short eyelashes.

I'm now going to poke around for pictures of that lost one's card with the info on it... it should say which artist painted the fairy, correct?

15. OOO, I did not ever think Ciera would do it! (I am sorry for the past comment for One Off. I still cannot believe there are over 2 One Off models who has a same faceup on the same head though.)
      I had not gone to Dolpa19, so I did not see that One Off Model F-22 actually nor have any photo until today. But I did some search now and found some photos. One Off F-22 for Dolpa19 has the same ears with that girl.
      I do not like hotlinking, so I'll post the photo later.

16. From what I can see, the face-up looks rather similar to the one ShuriTigerH bought. By the same face-up artist too that signed in the head. Seems like the seller wasn't lying then and that ShuriTigerH can be a little more reassured that it's not likely she wound up with a stolen doll.

17. ria_ria, I had actually completely forgotten about this one off until someone on another site brought the link to my attention. I do think the two girls have similar faces, but to me at least I see enough difference that I don't mistake them for each other.

The girl stolen from New York was also a display doll only, she was not a one-off. So you were still right as far as we know, there is only one one-off girl with such a face-up. :)

And you can post just a link to the photo if you like. Posting a link to the item is not hotlinking contrary to some beliefs. But if you would rather wait until later, I'm sure we'll all be eager to see the photos then.

18. Ah, my mistake, I missed one. So there was one as a one off. Why note say a one off plate then? Or perhaps it was difficult to describe across languages?

Anyone have more pictures of the one off from Dollpa 19?

19. These 2 photos were taken from 2 web sites. I cannot find more so quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sleep_pattern, thank you for your follow.