1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

*alert* SEVEN DISPLAY DOLLS MISSING FROM NY DOLPA

Jun 8, 2008

1. I think this might depend on the sculpt release and recent it was. Newer molds that may already be utilizing the magnets might be more likely than say, FCS one-offs. My Williams one-off has them, for example, and I consider him pretty recent.

But that's my impression.

2. What I wrote was about usual One Off Models (sold in all Sumikas in Japan every month), not about Dolpa One Offs, because the possibility of One Off from these sales was told here, but I can be wrong.

3. Hmmm... The lips look a bit darker, similar to the girl in question, and the ears and artist match. I'm beginning to think we may have found this girl's origin. (Not much luck on my end for pics. I found the one linked previously by Volks, and an even tinier profile view on the same page under the event summary thing.)

Edit: And now I sleep. Noy only did my google-fu fail to find pics, but it kept me awake far too long as well.

4. This had to be planned... good theives are rarely more than carriers. I just hope it's someone who'll try to sell them, and not a collector... it'd be so much harder to find them, otherwise. And surely most doll collectors wouldn't want a bunch of dolls simply because they're rare? Maybe that's just me...

5. When I put the two pictures next to each other, the dolls look extremely similar. The ears are pretty much a perfect match. I don't think that girl is the stolen one.

Darn! I want them to be found xD

6. Yeah same here... :/

I can't remember off the top of my head but I think Sheri emailed them and Volks said no it wasn't the stolen doll.It woulda helped I guess if they mentioned then that it was just a one off that looked similar,now that I look back... :sweat

7. yes that one-off model definitly looks more like our girl in question than the display

8. Well I'm glad to see that you guys found some pictures of the one off model. I was checking google and alot of volks sites yesterday and I just couldn't find her!Great to know that this information is out there,great work! :)

9. :o.....

Great find, sleep_pattern. It's amazing that this doll eluded so many of us.

In that case I hope that Volks can give ShuriTigerH some sort of verification as to which one-off she really is O_o. Their answer was awfully vague last time but now that more information has shown up (plate, signature), they should be able to answer that in definite words. This MSD girl really deserves to be "ID"-ed lol.

Though it still bothers me that these things were undisclosed during sale and the Y!J seller insisted that she lost the headplate instead of just saying that it's a one-off. Well...why would she do that? >_>

10. Wow. We definately lhave some super sleuthes here. GREAT Job.

11. That's horrible! Not to mention really stupid. They're one-of-a-kind dolls, right? So it'd be impossible to keep them a secret for long. They're have to turn up soon. I hope so anyway.

12. That makes me so freaking angry that I can't stand it. We live in a sick society. :(:evil: I will be happy to keep a look out on Ebay.

Jane

13. I still think that the seller was afraid because of all of the news about the missing dolls. Although if she would have just said it's a one off model I don't think there would have been any problems. But you know how some people can be...-_-'

14. Accidental_subjects: yes, you could trace the origins of the doll by using the number on the plate (are those dates, batch numbers, what?) if it wasn't for the fact that this particular plate doesn't have a number, just "one-off model".

I think you people are right and this is the Dolpa19 one-off:) At least I hope so. I'll wait for a reply from Volks to be sure. If mine is the Dolpa one-off, we can at least be sure that if another one pops up it's most definitely the stolen one...

As for the seller, they could have just mentioned she was the Dolpa19 one-off, right?

Thanks for all the help, detective work and kind words everyone:) And sorry for probably jumping the gun, again:(

15. I guess we're just really eager and hopeful to have the dolls either returned to Volks,or for them to be in a good home... :(

I guess it was just a (bad?) chance that the wig and similarities in the faceup made it really seem like she was one of the stolen dolls.

Though still not sure why the seller had to lie. :/ Was mentioned before that she didn't come with the original outfit,now I see what her original was and it makes more sense I guess.Wonder what happened to the wig also...

16. When I compare pictures of all three dolls in question, ShuriTigerH's doll and the Dolpha19 one seem the most to match (to me).

I don't think the faceup artist was intentionally copying herself, either. Most artists have a certain 'look' to their artwork, and of course different dolls painted by the same artist will share features that the artist particularly likes. There's subtleties that our computer monitors can't really capture - such as the pearlescent paint used on the ears & eyelids of the doll bought on Y!J. If you had the fortune to have both one-off dolls in your presence, other differences would be readily apparent - faceup paint palettes used, etc.

Usually, a one-off includes the wig, eyes, and unique outfit, too - correct? All of these things combined are what make the doll special, if you will. The faceup is only one component of the special package. But still, I maintain that the faceup artist wasn't being deceitful by having a similar faceup on two one-off models. As an artist, every work is unique and special - even 'factory' or base-model faceups are a work of art, when you think about it.

As for the seller, she may not have known for sure which Dolpha the doll had come from (perhaps it was purchased second-hand by her). Also, doesn't Volks look down upon the resale of their dolls? She may have been wary of offending by blatantly advertising a one-off sale. Who knows, really.

17. Actually....I'm wondering, on the three photos of the Dopla 19 dollie
      I see a long black lash under her left eye...and I don't see it on ShuriTigerH's doll....and they have different eyes? the dollpa19 doll has brown eyes and
      ShuriTigerH's doll has glued in grey eyes?

18. It could be the double upper lash sweeping down and covering the lower part of her eye. Back to this comparison, both girls with the double lashes have similar looks.

19. but still.....it's there on three photos?

20. Those faceups still look mighty similar though, even in the way the lashes clump in the corner of the right eye.