1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

*alert* SEVEN DISPLAY DOLLS MISSING FROM NY DOLPA

Jun 8, 2008

1. I don't can find words for that...
      I'm so shocked...
      Who can do this??? Horrible - very HORRIBLE!!!

2. This is really, really sad...

I hope this doesn't cause too much distrust when it comes to displays being held in America. I've already heard of this happening a few times before...and as much as I'd like to think it doesn't matter, I know for a fact that the "trust" system works quite differently in Japan, and theft like this is really unheard of in many cases. This must be quite the shock to the whole Volks team. -- I'll hope for the best, though. :\

3. Or they were interrupted, which would mean that someone ran into them while the theft was in progress, even if that someone didn't realize.

4. i reposted this info of livejournal and my myspace. i hope everyone else does the same the more the word gets out hopefully the more everyone looks into this matter.
      most hotels dont have secruity camera around every conner and if they were near a exit and the hotel stadd have seen people carying their dolls with them all day long you could get a idea how it could of been slipped past someone maybe. unless that shoved in in luggage or that.
      i feel really sorry for these dolls and all the staff memebers in genreal i know when a doll is created it is automatically loved by someone.
      so everyone keep spreading hopefully someone will be abel to find out who did this

5. ..just a thought ..please watch your private mail here on doa,ebayand boards and report any suspicious mail of people offering dolls for sale thru private thread {since they will now know they can't use the marketplace here without discovery
      sometimes people offer stolen dolls for trade as well,so BEWARE of people approaching thru private emails!!!!

please report sales/trade abuse of specific Volks dolls to the mods here !!!

6. Everyone and anyone who has a myspace or lj should post this info. It might even reach the person who stole the dolls.

7. Unfortunately, this hobby has a community consisting of tousends of people, and while most of us are decent human beings, there will always be a few bad apples.

Having said that, I hope the theif is stupid enough to try and re-sell them soon. :| If the police didn't catch them right away, then our best chance of finding them is when they try to resell.

8. Where does this take place? Who could have done this overnight? Is this a break in? Were these dolls got stolen after the dolls were put on display overnight?

9. I'd post it on my Myspace but no doll people are on mine. (Other than Jeff Dunham...)

10. That might be. . .But by now They are already louging in a glass case in some collection :horror:

11. datumzine - I've done the same with my Livejournal.

12. i cant believe that o-o

13. OMG O.o;; I am feeling sad and furious... it's because of people like these that honest people canM't have a nice time without having to look left and right to make sure nothing bad happens. Frankly it,s bad... really really bad.

But I have to agree with some people here... it was an organised thing... maybe not organized for very long though but... how tempting is it to have very expensive dolls just next to an exit? I do not know when the theft has occured if it was in broad daylight, it's propably people who got tempted, knew they couldn,t afford them and just took them and run.

If it was dine at night then it's people with access to a locked site, so thieves that were organized or employees or former employees.

However did this... well I gues Volks will have to beef up security meaning weÈll have security guard breathing down our necks as we take a tiny step closer to look at a detail. They'll be like the those museum security guards that THINK you're up to no good when you just want to admire something.

14. I can't express in words how deeply this has saddened me. I just cannot understand the mentallity behind people that do this.

There are only a few theories I have: stolen by someone who has no idea about BJD's except they're worth money; someone who DOES not what they are and wants them for themself/stupidly thought they could resell them and not get caught; stolen to ORDER.

The first two options could mean that the dolls could be returned after vigilence from the BJD community, the final means this is within the BJD community.

It's all so very sad :(

15. I am seriously offending by this as an advocate doll owner. This thief obviously don't know the repercussions of their crime and how it may affect future US Dolpas (if any) as well as the visual outlook of the country in international doll communities. It disgusts me that they put their own selfish desires before everyone else's. I sure hope these dolls pop up eventually because Volks did not deserve this. They have always treated everyone kindly. This is truly an insult to all of us.

16. This is really disheartening. I hope this serves as a cue to everyone displaying their dolls at any conventions or meetups to never let your dolls out of sight.

17. This is just crazy. This had to be an inside job, or someone posing as staff members. And what could they do with them? If it's a collector, they'll have no one to show the dolls off to.

1.) Any attempts to resale them will be caught.
      2.) They can't take them to meet-ups, they'll get caught.
      3.) If it's not a collector, just someone looking for a quick big buck, they will be caught.
      4.) Most USA pawn shops will have no idea what these dolls are--most won't even take collectible dolls.

I'm wondering if some rival company didn't do this to make knock-ff molds.

Then again, who knows. I hope they are found and I'll keep my eyes out for auctions and whatnot.

18. Makes me sick to my stomach. Should we form groups? Ebay and Y!J should be somewhat easy, but with LiveJournal and other places, it's going to be a bit hard.

We also should look into pawn shops. I hope they're recovered soon. This is so terrible.

19. Not all collectors show off their collections. I have a friend with over 1000 anime cels- a lot of which are very rare and pricey- and he almost never takes them out of their folders.

If someone did steal these for a personal collection (which is unlikey- there is more chance that they will try to resell them) then we will probubly never see them again.

20. This is horrible! How and why did this happen? If I see anything I will definitely report it!