1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alice in Labyrinth 1/3 Doll Discussion

Jun 9, 2017

1. Has anyone tried putting Maskcat Doll ballet feet on an AIL body?
      Balletfeet

2. I just found this video of a AIL head on a maskcat body:
      The proportion seems very good. I would really like to know what color the body and head are

3. I can't answer to the Maskcat resin color, but I can tell you that my AiL Chloe (full doll, purchased in late 2020) is much peachier than my Volks NS dolls (closer to my older Spiritdoll body than any other NS resins I have), which appear to have a more yellow tone than whatever color the body was in that video for Maskcat.

The head would then need to be blushed to match the body, so if that's your plan you're probably better off getting a white AiL head and then blushing it darker to match the Maskcat body if that Maskcat body is what their NS is and they don't offer resin matching. My two cents though, and real artists might have a different perspective.

I also would possibly send an email to the artist. AiL has always responded to my inquiries when I sent them a question, and really did their level best to give great customer service.

If you don't mind a color mismatch then yes, AiL heads fit a ~9cm neck, which is pretty standard for the 58-60cm girl bodies these days of various companies.

4. Thankyou for your answer. I dind´t know about resin matching, I will contact AIL directly.

5. [​IMG]

My photography is predictably terrible, but I've been feeling my Chloe lately so sharing anyway. At some point I'll figure out where to take her to get a good picture. Today was not the day, though...

Part of my renewed love is I finally glue sueded the AiL body she's on and now she doesn't just collapse in on herself.

6. I'm more interested in seeing dolls than seeing sdolls that are fantasitcally or artistically photographed.
      My pictures are all point-and-click jobs as I regard photography as more of a necessary-evil of the hobby than an enjoyable part of it.

And YAY for sharing Chloe!

Teddy

7. @vermaxen Your doll is so pretty. I love Chloe is one of my favourites dolls of all time.
      What do you think of the AIL body regarding pose?

8. I think that while the sculpting of the AiL body is more like a natural (short) body, that the posing is about what you would expect from a typical single jointed body (not huge ranges of motion).

I personally like single joints, so I'm never bothered but if having the ability to hold a wide range of poses without, say, popping something out of a socket is important to you, you might get frustrated.

9. I find it OK - but my requirements ren't very varied.

Teddy

10. Random question, what’s the neck circumference/length on an AiL body? I cant really find it listed anywhere ;_;

11. Just went to measure my Maudie for you (got the doll with the correct body this time around....)

Circumference: 8.7cm (three and three eighths of an inch)
      Length (from very top, inside head socket) to where it curves out to the shoulder): 2.8cm (one and one eighth of an inch)

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry for giving the wrong measurements before I edited this post - I grabbed and measured the doll with the AiL head instead of the one with the AiL body....

Teddy

#111 Teddy, Sep 1, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    12. Do you think the newer (since 2020 or so) AiL normal resin will match Dollstown oriental skin? It certainly doesn't match Volks like it used to, so I'm a little adrift on what to do.

I thought about getting a DFH body and they will match to NS from: volks, little monica, xaga doll, IOS, Soom, Switch, Dim, Angel studio, Nine9, Dika, DF-A, Charm Doll, LoongSoul, Napi, ramcube, doll zone, myou doll, dearmine.

But heavens, I don't know about the NS for most of those companies. I know Volks is too yellow and not peachy enough. Little monica is close to Luts which is too light and doesn't contain enough yellow. And then my knowledge drops off. Anyone else have an idea?

13. I hadn't realized it had changed.

Good luck figuring it out.

Teddy

14. @vermaxen Hmmm I have a Dollstown oriental skin body from 2018 and an AIL head in NS from 2022. The Dollstown oriental skin body is more yellow and lighter in colour than the AIL head. So not really a perfect match.
      I'm not sure if the newer Dollstown bodies would match? Did Dollstown recently change their oriental skin colour (I think I read something about it somewhere)?

15. @Lotte Rotten I think you're right that they did, maybe I should go to the dollstown thread and see if someone has comparison photos.

16. @vermaxen I think it would be a good idea to ask for comparison photos in the Dollstown thead :thumbup
      BTW doesn't Dollshe and Dollstown share the same resin colours? I believe Dollstown have their dolls casted by mr. Dollshe? If that's the case, then maybe the Dollshe thread can also help you with comparison photos :3

17. AIL is running a promotion!
      With the purchase of a doll you get a head!
      Is anyone thinking of ordering?
      [​IMG]

18. Thanks for pointing it out!

Teddy

19. I am thinking of ordering an AIL doll in the current promotion.
      What color do you guys think ages best and gets less yellow with time?
      I'm a little worried about buying dolls in white resin, because I have a doll that is the color of paper(dollstown white resin) But AIL white resin looks a natural shade while the regular resin looks too yellow.

Opinions on ail resin and color?

20. I've only got Normal Skin (I avoid whiteskin s it always looks uinnatural and iunfinished to me until it has yellowed considerably), but I don't think it's yellowed noticablty in the 7 or 8 years since I got the first head. I just compared it to the much newer AiL body I have for another doll and they're both the same shade.

Teddy