1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alice in Labyrinth Mini Discussion

Jul 30, 2009

1. They really do have the cutest, little child-like bodies. ^_^

[​IMG]

2. I'm kinda thinking of Aya as my next doll maybe... curious as to the posability with these dolls as I've never seen one in person. Also anyone have comparison pics with other similar child sized dolls.

3. They are kinda finicky to pose, since they have true ball joints. So, they are double jointed...but the joints don't hold like other dolls. The hip joint has a little peg to hold it in a standing position, but the knees tend to buckle. The elbows also like to bend, so the doll tends to curl up given it's own choice. This all makes standing a bit tricky. It can be done though. In the photo I posted above, she is standing unaided and I haven't modified her in any way (i.e. sueding or wiring). The balls also give the hands and feet a good range of motion. The torso is a single piece. They take patience. Hehe. ^_~

4. Thanks Lady R.... never knew this about them, just kinda admired them from afar. Don't see many of them around, and curious as to why as they are very cute dolls. I'm really partial to doll with both oe and sleep faces for one doll, and Aya could have an extra head easy enough. I think she has such cute expression. Funny how dolls call to you when you've been thinking about getting another. I guess it's that since alot of folks don't have her, I dunno. I like the idea of having a doll that is more original and not like everyone else's. In other words, one you just don't see very often.

5. Hm, that's true. You just don't see many of these little ones about. I wonder if it's because they are a little different stylistically. They kind of harken back to an older aesthetic since they have more traditional ball joints, and Aya especially reminds me of certain traditional japanese dolls.
      But I agree about the OE and sleeping versions of one doll...I have both the open and sleeping Aya heads, myself. ^_^

6. apologies in advance if this is somewhere here already, but how soon do they ship after paying? is there production waiting period?

add: just ordered blank Aya, in white skin, and wondering when I'll get her.
      Have been looking at her for at least a year now, and finally bought her :)))

7. I'm sorry, I can't remember how long I waited for my order to be sent out.

I hope you don't have to wait too long for your girl.

Teddy

8. oh I found it! in terms and conditions, "Delivery time & date : In several days from confirming the payment."
      YAY! will be posting box opening when I get her.. which companies have clothes, shoes and wigs that are best fit, by your experience?

9. I only have AiL heads, so can't help with what clothes fit the bodies - although if you read back through the thread I'm pretty sure there are ome posts about clothes for the AiL mini bodies.

Hopefully somebody else will respond with more detail.

Teddy

#269 Teddy, Mar 31, 2013
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    10. Hm, I'm not really certain on store-bought clothes since I sew mine myself. ^_^"
      I have my girl in Iplehouse JID shoes though.

11. I used to own an Aya and she wre regular sized MSD clothing (such as Dollheart, Dollmore and so on) and I had one dress custom made by Dei from Haunted Doll House (which is now in the posession of my MSDs and fits them perfectly) - you just have to be careful with the length as she is like 10cm smaller than the average MSD.

12. AiL are so nice!!! I was refunded the shipping fee, because they started a free-shipping event. And even though i made the purchase almost a week ago now, they refunded me the shipping fee! I am a very happy customer right now :D and not even because of the money, but because that was just a very very nice thing to do.

13. That was a lovely thing to do - Yay! for Nice doll companies!

Teddy

#273 Teddy, Apr 5, 2013
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    14. I love the new sculpt:fangirl:

15. I have a gorgeous little Ail-Daryl, whom I sent off for some modding a few months ago. She's finally done, and will be on her way home in not too long! Her torso has been modded into a two piece, and oh. my. gods does she look amazing!! Can't wait to get her back and post some pictures for you.
      Are any of yours modded this way?
      She'll be needing a new faceup and I might as well do some body blushing seeing as she's already unstrung :)

16. Mine has the one-peice torso in tact. I love the aesthetics of it. I'd be interested to see what the mod looks like though! ^_^

17. Recently I'm really tempted to buy the AiL Aya head and put it on Doll Chateau MSD boy body. But...does anyone know how would such hybrid work proportion wise?

18. Probably not too well, unless the neck is narrower on the Doll Chateau body than on the Kid Delf bodies (and shorter too)

I tried my Daryl head on both Kid Dlef boy and girl body and the neck was too thick to fit into the socket on the head (worse with the boy body than the girl), and the neck looked too long on both:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Teddy

19. Hm, I don't know either. It's an interesting combination since the Doll Chateau bodies are so elongated and thin. It lists the neck size as 6 cm for both the girl and boy bodies. What is the neck size on your Kid Delf bodies Teddy?