1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alice in Labyrinth Mini Discussion

Jul 30, 2009

1. For anyone thinking of buying little Aya, here are some photos
      sorry they're a bit dark...
      [​IMG]

you can just see her little teeth in this photo!
      [​IMG]
      Her hands seem slightly large in proportion to her body, just my opinion, but she is such a beautiful doll it's easy to overlook this.

Her kimono outfit is made from quality fabric and is very well made
      [​IMG]

Beautiful face-up! Looking down she looks so serene, she has much character.
      [​IMG]
      Her wig is lovely too, soft and smooth.

She cannot stand unaided, she cannot sit up straight, and yet she is so very beautiful I don't care about these little problems. If you can overlook this too, I can highly recommend Aya.
      This little doll has the the weight and the feel of an antique porcelain dolly, she has the looks too.
      [​IMG]
      (excuse the stray hair flicking into her sweet face!)

she is like a little visitor come to bring me good luck and happiness, I'm sure she will too!

:daisy

2. Ooh! your fullset Aya is lovely! My Aya unpainted body arrived today, and she does have that porcelain feel. She didn't have any teeth, so maybe I'll have to make some. Her body is really different from my other dolls: She doesn't seem to stand straight, although she might with a saddle stand. I like the look of her joints, but naked and unpainted, her head looks almost like a different material from her body.. I'm looking forward to doing her faceup.

3. ndavid812 It may be an idea to contact AiL and ask them to send you the missing teeth part - from the photos on the website it seems a teethpart is included with the doll.
      Good luck painting her, and please post photos!!!! :daisy

4. You didn't get the teeth part ndavid? You definately need her to send it to you its part of the doll as Pianissimo said !! can you both take more pictures nakid ? large ones laying down and just MORE closeups and in general of the body, the feet the hands etc... is the head smoother? and the body a bit rough resin? it could be she sanded the head and not the body or the body needs to be washed down as it may have mold release substance on it. Or is the resin a different color?

I would love to see pictures of your girl before you do her makeup! head and body.

5. Treelore, what I meant by the head seeming to be almost a different material is that without a wig, it seems a bit small in proportion to the solidity of the body (especially large hands and feet), and the color seems a slightly different shade and texture. Both head and body are nicely sanded, so that isn't the problem. I have a Narsha girl, and she is the same size and proportion, but Narshas have large eye sockets in comparison to Aya, and slightly larger heads, I think. Thanks for the advice on the teeth.

6. Your Alice is really beautiful! Is she NS?
      Do you think the resin AIL NS would match Bambicroni NS?
      I'd really love to see more comparison photo between the AiL NS resin and Bambcroni resin.

7. this girl is so pretty, I am totally in love with her. I hope that, if I ever have the chance to, I'm able to order one.

Does anyone have any more comparison photos of her standing next to other MSD sized dolls?

8. ndavid - Check your box carefully all bit of bubble wrap for the teeth!! Once a company sent me an important screw wrapped in a tiny bit of bubble. Its only because I emailed then and they told me they wrap it in a bit of bubble I then looked though and luckily still had my packing and found it!

Yes the head is definately a on the small side ! the bodies are thick and then shorter than most msds definately not the norm.

9. Has anyone tried a different body for her yet?
      Your Aya is beautiful, pianissimo!

10. I e-mailed AIL about the missing tooth part, and received a message back the following day: a tooth part is in the mail! They were very sweet about it, very gracious. I will post a picture of my Aya soon, with my Narsha.

11. Has anyone tried a Narsha body with the Alice or Daryl head?

12. i am using the 41cm planetdoll body with the AIL mini heads, with a little sanding of the neck, it is very good proportions.

13. Yes ! Here is the result.
      [​IMG]
      The body proportion is ok for me but the match resin isn't good.
      No need to sand the hole of the head ;)
      [​IMG]
      Narsha body more pink than Daryl head
      [​IMG]

14. Interesting :) What skin color for the planetdoll body ?
      Is it natural ail head or white ?

15. Your daryl is beautiful. :love

16. Perfect, thank you! And your doll is beautiful-

17. the head is NS, and the body is also NS. the planetdoll resin is a little more yellow, but not bad at all.

18. It's a Daryl head ;)

19. Has anyone tried different hands on Alice? Love this body but the hands are way too big IMHO!! I wondered how minifree hands with the hooks would fit?

20. Just got my Alice head. I have her on the Planetdoll 41cm body-- resin match is good, but the body is weird. Torso, arms, hands are all OK and in scale with her dainty head, but her legs and FEET are just way too big! :( I kinda wish now I had bought the whole Alice doll,but like you bjbnut I had reservations about those big hands. I love the head but it does not fit on any body that I have. Maybe I will try the narsha body next...or keep my fingers crossed that Ail will eventually sell the body alone? (Seems like they ought to, poor Daryl needs a body too!)