1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alice in Labyrinth Mini Discussion

Jul 30, 2009

1. I recently discovered Alice and love her body and face. How long is the wait for a painted Alice after payment?
      I enjoyed the pictures. This is a quiet thread!
      Thanks!

2. Hi Oliveoil (love your username!!!)
      My wait for painted mini Aya was very short, a couple of weeks I think. :)

3. Thanks pianissimo! I am excited ...AiL said the painted Alice's are ready to go and free shipping. She is on her way to my house! I will post pictures when she arrives.

4. Congrats Oliveoil, that is very quickly :lol:

5. I just ordered the new hands, Thank goodness they changed them. Anyone know how long the shipping is to the US. AiL sais in about a week, but its not registered and there is no tracking number, so I am thinking 20 days.
      Anyone else order who can tell me how long the wait is?

6. Alice in Labyrinth is very quick with their shipping - even with a face-up. I think the longest I've waited is two weeks.

EXCITING NEWS! I just received the 14 inch body in kit form. I ordered the body with the Daryl head - in white. The resin is absolutely beautiful. The body is so graceful - and the hands are small, feminine and delicate. I have not examined all of the pieces yet, but so far, there is no sanding needed. The torso is perfectly smooth with no seam lines. The feet are beautiful with well-detailed sculpting of the toes. The best part is the instructions. They are clear, concise, detailed and include pictures at each step. I have never string a BJD before but after reviewing their instructions, I feel confident that I can do it. Each piece is carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and boxed very nicely. To anyone considering buying the kit, I give it a thumbs up.

I do have a stringing hook and forceps or I might be more nervous but I'm pretty excited to do this. I have had very pleasant emails from AiL and love their sculpts. They are such a nice company. I ordered in April 26th and the kit arrived today. Now, that's fast shipping! And I am on the East Coast where usually mail takes two days more than usual. Fantastic!

7. I received Alice today with a default face up. I really like her but have to say I don't understand the blue shading under the lip. It is under eyes on outside corners, too, but I don't mind it there. The shading under lip is very odd. Do all the face ups from AiL come like that? I really love her sweet face. Here are some pics.
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. rowan: How did you order the body with Daryl head? I don't see where they offer it. Thanks

9. Oliveoil,

I wrote to them. They were very nice about accepting my request. I don't know if I was lucky they did or whether this is something they will always consider doing. i do know they felt the Daryl head was too "young" for the AiL body - so they did not advertise them together.

I actually ordered two Daryl heads - one NS to go on a Yo-SD body. (He will be my toddler boy.) And one white head with white body kit. She is going to be Snow White. So far, I've purchased three large heads (Alice, Sleeping Alice, Elijah) and these two small heads - all to be painted by the same artist. In fact, Alice and Sleeping Alice are on their way home right now. I can hardly wait! Elijah was a bit green and he is being redone right now. The two Daryls must wait their turn to be beautified in June.

This is the nicest company. Their customer service is excellent. They also ship immediately. I think their packages arrive on the East Coast nore quickly than packages arrive from California! I love their sculpts.

10. Thanks Rowan!
      I emailed them a couple of times but waiting for a reply. I don't want a kit. I want an assembled doll.
      I hope they reply soon.
      Please post pictures of your Alice.

11. I am sad this thread isn't more active. I love these dolls. Here is Daryl on Alice body with face up by Jacquie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. I'm going to adopt Aya or Alice next month.
      Anyone has photos of Aya in other dresses that not the tradition kimono please?
      I'm a little bit worry that Aya with her default face up won't suit other dresses but just kimonos.
      Thanks so much.

13. My new full set Aya just arrived for a few days.
      And she is totally great, lovely and photogenic!!
      A resin is really smooth and a wig also in a really good quality!!
      I love her so much.
      [​IMG][​IMG]
      [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Opal, your photos are wonderful! Congratulations on getting your lovely Aya. :) :) :)

Did she come with the red kimono? She looks beautiful in red. :daisy

15. Yes, this is Aya new set of yukata.
      She comes in Red Yukata and they also has new dreaming Aya too.
      Dreaming Aya is in white yukata.
      I've also bought dreaming Aya head too, and she is really beautiful.
      [​IMG]
      This is my dreaming Aya head.
      And this is what I've got with a full set Aya.
      (Except dreaming head and 3 pairs of eyes, which I've additional ordered.)
      They gave me 1 pair of eyes for free.
      [​IMG]

16. May I make a request of all the lovely people in this thread, especially those with an Aya? Might anyone be able to take a photo for me of Aya next to an SD-sized doll?
      I am quite enchanted by little Aya, and I have a plan hatching for her...but I want to be sure if she will work.

Thank you so much for any help you could give me! :chocoberry

Your Aya is beautiful caninegirl. The dreaming head is very peaceful looking. ^_^

17. I want to help but I don't have any SD size doll.
      So sorry, but she is really small girl even compare to my MSD boys from DIM.

18. caninegirl: She is lovely! Don't you love the body sculpt? It is so realistic.

19. Hello caninegirl. ^_^

It is because she is so small that I'm worried she may not work for my idea...I would be interested to see a photo of her next to an MSD-sized doll as well, if you wouldn't mind! I have a horrible time trying to imagine sizes without seeing them, so that would help me to get a better sense of her size too. ^_^