1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alice in Labyrinth Mini Discussion

Jul 30, 2009

1. I would love to see any comparison pics of the AIL dolls next to the Dollstown bodies, especially DT7 & 5yo. Anyone have both?

2. Yes!!Her body is really beautiful and I love that! ^_^

Here they are, sorry for the bad quality.
      My boy is taller than normal MSD.
      He is around 48-49 cm. tall and Aya is around 38 cm. tall.
      So you can see that she is so small.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Hope this can help. ;-)

3. Thank you so much caninegirl! ^_^

I think she will work...she is little, but she doesn't look out of proportion, just small.
      I'm hoping to use her as the very young child for one of my dolls. I think she could work as a toddler!

4. Does anyone with a doll wearing the AiL body have a Volks SD10 that they could photograph next to?

Thanks!!!

5. Ooh look she's so cute! I've been in love with Daryl for quite some time now...so..yesterday, i ordered her. Ail has her with her own body now. They say she'll ship in about a week :D
      I'm very excited. She'll be my first doll. So I've been looking all over the place for tutorials for faceups, and what materials to use etc.
      Just thougth she was so little and cute...and a bit more affordable at this point than the full sized dolls haha.

6. heh.. i guess she's smaller than I expected...

7. I love that she is little because she still looks in proportion, just little. ^__^

Your girl looks really cute in that carrot wig, caningirl!

8. caninegirl your girl looks relly adorable with her red wig <3

I'm currently awaiting my Ail Aya (she shipped on Thuesday) and I really hope that this thread is not dead xD

9. Oh I hope the thread does not die. I am still waiting to see if anyone has tried a mini AiL Alice on a Minifee body. I have a head with an older looking face up and I would like a smaller young women body rather than a child body for this head :)

10. I'm hoping too that this thread will go on and with more spams. AiL's sculpts are really lovely and I like Aya and this size. If only I can find some space I would love to have Aya. At the moment my closet is fully occupied with bjds mostly tinies.

11. I really hope that she'll arrives today - but I think customs will catch her as usual -_-

Dragonlovesdolls I don't have a Minifee body, but perhaps somebody in our local group has one... I can check that at the next Meet-up

reggie I only have three (four with Aya) dolls, so space is not a problem at the moment xD

12. Thanks so much. ^_^
      And congrats to your Aya too, hope that she coming home soon.

I think AiL resin color can match well with Volks resin.
      And AiL resin quality is really good!!

13. Prudence is here - although I total failed with her Face-up so she will be blank until pepper can do it for me...
      But I have a quick comparison photo:
      [​IMG]
      from left to right: Soom Ai (27cm); Alice in Labyrinth Aya (37cm); Iplehouse Ryan (46cm); Angelheim Luka (wears high shoes, so he's nearly 48cm tall)

14. I found a Minifee B line body with the perfect bust and tummy for my older Teen AilL mini girl. I think I will need to sand the neck down a bit but the color match is not bad and the size seems good. I will have to get pictures.... and I really should post pics of my Daryl with Ravendolls face up, she is sooo cute.
      Congrats on Prudence coming home, I love that name :)

15. Dragonlovesdolls please post some photos of your girl - I'd love to see her <3
      (especially with the Minifee body)
      Yes, Prudence is a lovely name and it fits her really well xD

16. Well I had a total FAIL with the minifee body. I thought I could do something with the neck but no luck, it would take way too much modding to make it work. I really wanted a more young adult body for this head. Darn. But I am giving up. I will keep my darling Daryl but I failed with the mini AiL. Oh, and the color match was not so great after all. I really need to check things in natural light.

17. What a shame - is there any chance you could mod a body that fits the head to look more mature?

18. Today I had this weak moment, and bought Alice's head. I am in love with AIL for quite a while now, thought she is too small, but than today I saw a picture on flickr with planetdoll comparison, and I have a planet doll body. (well now I can see that I should have got the 41 cm, I have the 43, but I've seen alice on even bigger bodies, so I hope it will work)....will sand the neck a bit if needed...there is no way to describe how it made me happy...well, you all now the feeling >_o

wanted to ask how long have you guys been waiting for a head shipment, was it long?