1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alice in the Labyrinth - Daryl HEAD UP!!

Mar 11, 2008

1. awww:( man, i thought she was going to be my first MSD.

2. I was thinking since it says 20cm that the head would be more of Bisou Ai size. The head sculpts are all very beautiful.

3. Well the artist said she has it on a volks yo-sd body and that is what she created it for.

4. Wow, how adorable. Haha, I'm actually happy that she is Yo-SD sized :)

5. I am wondering if it could match with unoa's body or not.....
      I think he/she is too big for a yosd body....in the picture...

6. It would be nice to figure out a msd body for it but I wonder how successful widening the necks are? what ever body you select unless its a yo-sd there may need to be some change made. Knowing the neck open measurement will help.

7. Am I the only one who thinks Daryyl looks like a porcelain doll? :(

8. I think she does somewhat. Kind of reminds me of the old alice in wonderland though so I like it. I think it depends how you relate to that.

9. This is one of those moments when I want to put my eyes out. Wow, that is an amazing head.

10. She's cute and yes, she has that "take me or leave me" Victorian doll look. I think with the right paint and posing, she might acquire more expression?

I think carving a larger neck hole would be easy enough.. in theory at least!! A dremel or grinder could do it. A Kips, felt disc or pliver/hot-glue sueding might make up for any lack of perfect fit.

Raven

11. :) thats what I want to hear ;)

I think I will buy this head and see how it looks on a volks msd body. Also thinking maybe a dollstown but I have the volks to try it next to though they bodies are not available they have heads on them.

12. I wonder if it would fit the MWJunior Leila body, or a smaller slender MSD like Peakswood? I had a Morimoth and she was very petite, slender, and immature. I really like this head, but don't like it on a Yo body at all. It seems like a larger head, 6.9 inches, seems like it would need a slightly larger body?
      [​IMG]
      Any other ideas for bodies?

13. Hey Toydogz4.....I was thinking that this head will fit onto a larger body too! I have her on her way...I'm going to try a Dollstown 5 girl body...keeping my fingers crossed XX...
      Her head on that body above looks really big! Just looking at the shoulders it's(the body) too small!....
      6.9 inches is a good size head......I'll let you know how it goes as I will probably have the head tomorrow......

xen

14. Anxious to hear if the DT 5 year body fits. That would be perfect! And one more body I thought of, the Bambicrony Bella Bambi size?

15. Hi Guys....I just received my little Daryl head....so cute, I love her. The bad news for me is she is too small for the Dollstown 5 girl body..but that will not deter me, I'm off to search for a body right now!! I think the Bella Bambi would be a perfect fit..she would look in good proportion on it.....I'll see......will let you know what I come up with....

Edit: .........Finished my body search... I came up with what I think will be perfect...a Lati Green body...30cm..neck size will fit..not too chunky limbs and nice hands and feet....so I have just paid for one from Lati..... The Bella Bambi neck will be too thick, with some mods it may be OK...all other bodies I looked at were either too small or too chunky........I do hope Lati will be quick!! I've never purchased from them before???......

xen

16. Oh I will look forward to seeing what you figure out!! I was hoping to put the head on a body that can wear regular MSD clothing as inbetween sizes are such a pain.

17. The head sculpt is gorgeous even without face-ups. It does look huge on a yo sd body. Wonder if it'll fit my secretdoll yoi's body. I also wonder what it would look like on a unoa regular body.

xen - pls post pictures when you've got her put together.

18. I wrote to them, they have no plans to make a body for her anytime soon. I knew that of course, but asked anyway. They also said that the head fits on the Petite AI body.
      And Secretdoll Yoi has a very slight, slim body like the small Bambis, more petite than a Yo. So the head would be even more oversized and troll like on it.
      I am really wondering if the Little Junior AI or the MW Junior Leila will fit. I hate the odd size, hard to find clothes, but I think the proportions would be good. Let us all know what you find out for the Lati Green body, would love to find out how that works.

19. If anyone has the head and can kind of hold it on top of a Mini body such as a unoa or a volks msd or similar neck it would be nice to see if maybe the hole can be opened more to accommodate. Photos!