1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Alice in the Labyrinth - Daryl HEAD UP!!

Mar 11, 2008

1. I was wondering how small she looks with an SD. Does a 30cm looks like a baby in comparison to a SD? Sorry about the silly question. I just wanted to be sure:sweat

2. I personaly love this doll. . . My future Yo-SD will be 6-10 year-olds so the more mature sculpt makes sense.

3. Well 30 cm is smaller than the standard mini of about 42 cm. I think 30 would look like a much younger sister. Its going to be about half the height of an SD if you want to pose them together.

4. What is the neck size of the Daryl head? I can't find the measurement anywhere. I ws wondering aobut the Elfdoll Yumi or Dami body. Not too mature, but a slim mini, with a head measurement of 18 cm.

5. Now you guys have me wondering what she'd look like on the Domadoll Super Heroine Venus body -- that's in the same size range (29cm), although she might be a little TOO mature . . . in clothes, though, it might be a perfect match!

(Also, I think that body is CUTE AS ALL HELL, and I kinda want one!)

-- A <3

6. I'm back with some pics for y'all of Daryl head....Toydogz4 the neck size is that of Yo-SD I ran my tape around the inside edge and I get about 6cm...the neck of the Lati Green body I'm getting is 6.2cm so it will be fine(tight)I hope!!.....

here are a few shots of Daryl with DT Ganga head...Ganga is Pinkwhite....(and needs a new face-up)..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and one with Chloe......who is on a DT N/S 13B body..resin match...good..

[​IMG]

I hope this helps y'all out.....

Oh, the AiL resin is very strong!!!! I droped little Daryl and she bounced against an iron bed post then rolled along the floor!!!!:o...I didn't want to look!!! she was fine...not a scratch.....phew!!....

All the best,

xen :)

7. Wow, that Daryl head is really, really small. Great shots. Your Ganga is adoreable. I have an AIL Alice, Chloe and just ordered Elijah. Daryl is too small...but she is a lovely head. Your photos are sooo helpful.

8. Hmmm, you know--maybe she will look okay on a Yo body. That head is small! Thansk for the pictures, that helped with perspective alot!

9. I can'twait to see these girls [and guys] painted!
      P.S. I never realized how cute Ganga was!

10. My MW Junior Leila body has a neck size of 6 cm! So there is another match, if the body isn't too slender and lanky for the head.
      Rosen Lied Tuesday Child neck is 6.2cm
      CH Ange AI neck is 6.8cm
      Souldoll Sweet neck is 6cm

12. Junior Leila has a cute body I found this comparison picture of her nude with Mini sized dolls she is quite a bit smaller. One thing is her resin colors looks like a light pinky tone and this head is more of a volks with a bit more of a orange tone from what I hear so the resin difference may be too great?

You can compare to the volks yo there for the resin difference but I think this one made be even a bit darker even?

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155104

13. to see one of these put together! i have to figure out if I could find the perfect body. Something shaped like Gangas that would fit. I bet the Dumoya flexi body would work as a resin match...i just sold potpouri.:...(

14. It's still SUCH a pretty head. I get more confused with each photo i see. I think the Lil Junior body might be the best in theory (as a Yo-Sd) body seems a bit too small. But the natual color worries me. Of course than can EASILY be corrected with some blushing. And the DT body in Normal color looks really good.

I have to sit back and wait for now. But goodness...but a cute head.
      ~Meee

15. I've completely fallen in love with the Darryl head! :aheartbea I'd never really seen AiL before, I just sort of stumbled upon it and all the molds are gorgeous! I've become a tiny girl though and the Darryl sculpt just... *grabby hands*

But before I tumble even more in love with this little head, could someone with more AiL experience please tell me if they really will start selling it again? Have they done this sort of thing before? Placing sales on hold and then starting them up again? Or should I just start stalking the MP now? :lol:

16. It may take a few weeks. They are a small company. You ca write to them and as soon they start taking orders yours would be in line. Don't stalk them. They are nice people :lol:

17. Thank you, Sharonpixie, that is good news to hear! :sweat I will be patient. *nods* :D

18. It sounds to me like you can order a Daryl head now, but it just might take more than the two days they first said it would take. Anyway, it's a beautiful sculpt and I had to order it!
      I wish I could get that same faceup though.....
      (update....paid yesterday and they're shipping tomorrow...hooray!)

19. Oh wow, Sfhope! That's fantastic! That they're shipping so quickly!

I took your advice and emailed them an order, they accepted (yay!) and I sent payment yesterday! I hope to hear from them soon. :) So thank you! ^_^

They're so kind over at AiL, I am very impressed with them.

Xen, If you can, I would love to see your head on the Lati Green body when it arrives! :D I have a Green Coco and really love that size, so if it matches I think I'd like to go that route as well. :)

20. Faireyangel, congratulations! Waiting is just too difficult ;) I got a very sweet email with the shipping info...nice people.