1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

All about the eyes!!

Jun 2, 2016

1. 1) Which is your favorite brand?
      Doll Bakery!
      2) What sizes of eyes you normally purchase?
      12mm is pretty common, but my dolls use anything from 10mm to 16mm.
      3) Which eyes' material you adore so much? Urethane? Glass?
      Urethane, no contest. I just wish there were more realistic options for urethane so that I can switch my Iple dolls over from silicone.
      4) How many pairs of eyes you have collected so far?
      I don't know. Over two dozen, I'm sure.
      5) Dome height? High? Low?
      Uh...regular dome? I like a balance between eyewell fit and depth/sparkle.
      6) Your favourite eyes color?
      It really depends on the doll. I probably have more shades of blue than anything else, though.

@PeppermintPocky Wow, I need to try Silent Paradise! Those might be the realistic urethanes I've been hoping to find. Do you just order by messaging them on Facebook?

@Sangz Here is my MSD wearing the rainbow ones (click for bigger):
      [​IMG]DSC_0846 by AndreaJEP, on Flickr [​IMG]DSC_0807 by AndreaJEP, on Flickr

2. 1) Which is your favorite brand?
      It's a toss up between Oscar Doll and Candy Kittens Emporium. Both are unique and come in a wide range of sizes. I also like Ersa Flora eyes, but I'm beginning to wonder if that site has closed permanently.

Both my on-topic boys wear 16mm eyes, but I'm pleased with the defaults both came with so I don't switch them out much. The sizes I buy the most are 18 and 20mm eyes for one of my off-topic girls. Not an easy task, and thus why I love both Oscar Doll and Candy Kittens Emporium.

I'm not picky, but if I had to pick it would be urethane.

Eight and a half pairs. I say a half because Ersa Flora's steampunk eyes came in singles. I could've gotten two if I so chose, but I just wanted the one. Now I'm rueing the decision to just get one.

Low, but again I'm not picky.

Green and gray. Green is my favorite color for anything, be it eyes, hair, clothes, or resin. As for gray, I have my first on-topic doll to thank for my fondness for gray eyes. Johnny's defaults are a lovely shade of gray, the exact shade of a rain cloud. They look so natural in him that I fell in love with gray doll eyes.

3. 1) Which is your favorite brand?
      Volks
      It depand on doll size.. but I like 20mm
      Glass is much more better Urethane.
      Around 20 Pairs
      Mixed. But I prefer High
      6) Your favorite eyes color?
      Purple, Green

4. @Zardi OMG sooooo cute~~~~~ Those rainbow eyes looks spectacular on your MSD

5. 1) Which is your favorite brand?
      Blue Blood Doll
      Most of my dolls take 12-14mm. That said, different brands can fit differently as far as how large the iris and pupil are.
      I prefer glass.
      I have over 50 pairs I'm pretty sure, including the default eyes or very cheap glass eyes from eBay before I decided to upgrade to Blue Blood Doll for all my Minifees. I'm still looking for options for my Pukifee and PukiPuki.
      Most of my MNFs can take a 14mm high dome, which I prefer because it catches the light better.
      6) Your favorite eyes color?
      My favorite is blue, then green. I'm trying to have a mix of natural colors, though.

Here is my MNF Rheia, Olivia, in some gorgeous green Blue Blood Doll glass eyes in 14mm. There's a nice color transition to them.
      [​IMG]

#25 albeli, Jun 16, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    6. What size would you recommend for a Feeple60 Celine? I can't seem to find eyes that don't look kinda creepy or just not right for her

7. Hello, i am not sure if you are still looking for suitable eyes for your Feeple60, but i think you will have better chances over here:

Fairyland Feeple60 Discussion - part eleven

They have a specific thread for fairyland feeple60. Good luck!! Hopefully you will find the right one!

8. I am and thank you!!

9. You're welcome :)

10. 1) Which is your favorite brand?
      Gumdrops and Enchanted Doll both have so many pretty eyes; they are also the first brand names that came to mind, which is saying something, I think :).

That depends. For my personal collection, eye-size is 16-18mm. For FreakStyle it's 6-8mm. (seriously, if I've spend a long time working on one of my own dolls, and then go back to my collection, I'm always amazed at how HUGE those eyes are XD.

Again, depends. For larger eye sizes, I personally think nothing comes close to urethane quality in terms of how well they reflect light. But when dealing with small sizes, below 10mm, it's the glass eyes that take over the first spot. For some reason, even well produced urethane eyes become a bit dull, where as the glass eyes in those sizes are very lively.

Eh... way too many. And I buy them in bulk ;).

For regular, bigger eyes: High domes. But for small eyes, and dreaming sculpts, low domes are the way to go, because otherwise they don't fit well.

Pinks and purples for me :).

#30 Silk, Jul 20, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    11. Eyeses!

1) Which is your favorite brand?
      MYSTIC ALL THE WAY THROUGH although Gumdrops are also gorgeous. Four of my dolls wear Mystics and two more will eventually get them. (Katen will never wear anything other than Soom silicone though.)
      Of my seven dolls four wear 18mm eyes, and the other three are 14mm.
      Urethane. Absolutely. No. Contest.
      I actually don't collect eyes. I think I have...maybe ten pair? And seven dolls? But I also sell off the ones that don't work for me once I find the eyes that DO work.
      Low, they fit better. EXCEPT for Soom. There I am all about the double domes.
      My dolls' eyes run the gamut, pretty much, although two have variants on green (one forest, one teal) and two have variants on red (one ruby, the other yellow-and-red).

12. 1) Which is your favorite brand?
      Oscar, Vings and the Unique Enchanted Eyes...still want to own a pair of Dollflower some day

14mm

Urethane :)
      But I also like to buy glass eyes for testing once in a while

Uh, over 40?:sweat
      I also have quite a few I just own for face-up commission photos

Low, but not super flat

Light to middle blue :'D

13. 1) Which is your favourite brand?
      Masterpiece! But I'm quite fond of Eyeco eyes too.
      Most of my dolls seem to wear size 12mm and 14mm
      Silicone/soft glass
      Many! I currently own 17 pairs of Masterpiece eyes and around 15 pairs of Eyeco eyes + a bunch of random glass/acrylics ><
      Low- but I'm not super picky
      6) Your favourite eyes colour?
      Grey and light blue

My Masterpiece 'spare' eyes (as in, the pairs that are currently not being worn by my dolls) :3
      [​IMG]