1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

All Boys or all Girls????

Apr 14, 2010

1. I started out with an all-male crew, but that didn't last very long. I wanted a practice head, see... and for some reason I picked a Dark Human Soo head for the job... and she sort-of... endedupnotstayingapracticehead. Yeah. >_>

Thus Daisy joined the minions, and my guys had to learn to deal with Girl Cooties. XD

2. Do you still only have one girl or did she multiply LOL?????

3. Daisy was later joined by several other girly-types. XD

4. All boys - kid here. So far there's only one female doll I really want to add to the slowly growing crew, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna be it. Any other female .. I'd probably make into a boy anyways eventually :sweat
      But that's just because almost all of the dolls I have planned are gonna be 3D versions of my OCs and most of them just so happened to be male. Kind of set in stone.

5. I mostly have girls, I spent my whole life playing with boy dolls because they were so much cooler than girl dolls, Barbie couldn't even bend her arms back then for goodness sakes. So I was really into girls when I first started this hobby. I think if I were to start now it would be different, the boys as much more manly and muscular than when I started, I would have fully been into that.

6. LOL!!! Thought so....:lol:

7. jacobeanYep, boy dolls are definately way cooler and they have the cooler clothes and shoes...but like I said when I started this thread, some girls have been catching my eye, and now I am for sure going there!!!! I dont think I will have as many as my boys though!

8. Geez, get the dolls you want. I don't get why you'd need outside approval to select a doll. If you want to add girls to your collection, then add girls. Diversity is good.

I have all boys & only boys, because I have no use for female dolls. I like my collection this way.

9. I was not asking for anyones approval....I do whatever I want. I was simply asking if anyone felt the struggle that I felt . I was like you , no use for girls dolls only boys, then suddently, I liked a few. Just wanted to know if this had happened to anyone, that's all.

10. In real life I have a wide mix of people with whom I associate. I see no reason for my dolls to not do the same! ;)
      (In other words I have boys girls and fantasy creatures!)

11. I only have girl dolls right now. Never really given any thoughts about purchasing another boy doll. Maybe in the future

12. All of mine are girls, but there have been times I've seen a boy sculpt I was tempted by. However, I have held off buying one because it's much easier to find inexpensive girl doll clothes than it is boy clothes. So affordability is the main reason why I do not have a boy.

13. only boys.

i still have to see a girl that makes me say "oh, i want her"

14. I like the way akasora puts it.

I thought I'd only have all boys in the beginning, after all that was what had attracted me to the hobby. Fashion models and little toddler-ettes don't do it for me. But as a storyline and characters began to develop, it indeed became more like real life, where the people were PEOPLE first, and genders second. And a couple of girl sculpts seemed kinda nice. And some boy heads migrated to girl bodies and vice versa, and now I've got a slew of everything!

15. I prefer boys dolls, I've got two boys and the third is on the way to be complete one day XD !
      the only girl that keep my heart is gisele from souldoll ! so cute ...
      but I have three boys in my wish list and I'll buy a gisele only if I buy all the boys....don't really know why....don't know the reason, wow this topic makes me having questions!

16. This is an interesting thread! Since I generally prefer the look of females, I've only ever been interested in female dolls. I guess it's still the cosplayer in me projecting the "I wish I could look like that Cuprit" sort of thing. Since I started getting into dolls so that I could continue to build costumes for myself, boy dolls never crossed my mind.

However, there is a companion character from my book that I really want to make. My Souldoll Ignis is so lonely without her wolf companion, but so far I haven't found any wolf-like anthro guys that aren't wildly expensive/difficult to find limiteds, or pre-teen emo anime looking kids. Since I don't really want the doll for myself I do feel strange bothering with looking for him though...I really do only want the girls, but my one girl seems incomplete! Decisions, decisions...:sweat

17. I have a few girls to my many boys. 9 Girls and 37 boys...

I originally only wanted boys, but ended up getting a few girls along the way. Now I want a Volks FCS MSD-F-19 girl and a SD13 F-34 girl...at least.

18. Is that over your whole doll collecting career or is that actually how many you have right now? That's...a LOT of dolls :o

19. Early on when I joined the hobby, my wishlist was pretty balanced, gender-wise. Now that I've been a doll owner for a few years, I find myself skewing significantly towards the girls, at the expense of some male characters I thought I'd bring home sooner. I just can't seem to prioritize them above girls, even if the girls are the next best thing to impulse buys (Posy, I'm looking at you!). I was starting to wonder if I would ever want male dolls, and if I did buy them if I might end up selling them right away. Then last summer, I sort of fell into acquiring a MNF Shiwoo boy and I feel like buying that male doll really helped me understand my feelings. I wouldn't say I like Edik less than my female dolls, and I'm not ready to turn around and sell him. It didn't change the dynamic of my collection in any negative way. But at the same time I can now see that as beautiful as I find many male sculpts, I'm most interested in playing with (and therefore owning) girls. I may bring home one or two male dolls in the future, but I've basically nixed them from my wishlist now.

20. I was an ALL girl doll collector. Then I saw the Sting MNM head and the Heliot body. I purchased both (used)
      and one great male doll. Then i fell love with the Mecha Men from Soom. Thank you Soom for all the hot men.
      Then i added Leekeworld Romeo and Soom Godo and Dollshe Saint (WAS A DREAM) to have here.
      BUT... I have since sold my men except (Nick) my MNM head on the Heliot body. I like the WS men soooo much....
      Im looking for another MNM head in WS to go on a WS Domuya body. I do still have Godo, but Godo is my Black n white
      character... and well, he isnt either Male or Female. He is just him self.