1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

All Boys or all Girls????

Apr 14, 2010

1. That's all of my BJDs right now. A few are heads, but most are full dolls.

2. I have much more male percentage to female. I am trying to even things out a bit! I did start off thinking I was gonna get only boys but, some of the girl dolls are so beautiful!

3. All male crew here, but I have one girl incoming. For me its always been about the beautiful gorgeous boy dolls, I had a lot of girl dolls as a child but mainly I just find boy dolls more interesting. I like dressing up so if I want to try something I dress myself first, but boys can fit all those things that I can't wear due to height and body shape.

Even my wishlist or list of dolls I like are mainly male dolls, I like it that way. For me to pick a girl it is very hard, I have very specific taste and I don't want her to be cute or sexy and I find myself more limited by girls. Mainly they bore me quicker than boys, yes they're pretty but thats it. I like to have a bit more personality from a doll. So I'm very picky for girls but I knew I always want one girl at least. One day I was musing how my reche has a girly face and the fact that I absolutely adore him, something clicked. I had found my perfect girl as the company does a female version. Hence I bought my girl and is very excited to be able to make her pretty and special. She is extra special because she is only girl but at the same time due to ReChe and Re-An are twins I know she has some spunk to her.

4. I originally had planned to only have a vampire couple. A boy and girl that is it. But after purchasing many dolls I find that I am a all girl collector. I love seeing other peoples boys but every time I own a boy he is just neglected.

On another note Ran is awesome as is Luna. You can see by my signature Luna is currently the love my dolly life.

5. Wow!!! Rrynn007 that is a big male doll collection!!! I love it :)

yukihotaru I was thinking of only adding 1 girl doll, but 3, actually 4, have caught my eye as of late and if one happen's to show up on the second market. I am going to get one. I think its easier to have boys for me, and my characters have always been boys, or at least ideas of boys, so I would like to throw a girl in the mix and gofrom there.

Tsukidoll I have also signed the Luna petition. She is one of the dolls I am interested in!!!

6. c: I guess I'm like some who mainly wanted and only owns boys (I agree that I find making & having male characters are easier), but a few girls have sneaked into my vision. I just recently bought a Souldoll Bany from the MP and I'm waiting for her arrival. Of all of the female dolls I've seen and wanted, she's the only one to really grab my attention XD" So I might spoil her more than my guys (Only by a bit ;D)

But I say go for it :thumbup Maybe a girl will be a nice addition to the resin group~

7. Personally, I prefer male dolls over female. But I do enjoy cross-dressing them into a girl. My boy can always turn into a "flat-breast-girl" whenever I want to, but the girl can't.

Then again, I'm a girl myself, I feel way better to have male dolls around me.:sweat

8. Currently it's all boys over here and on the wishlist it's all males as well. Except for one. One beautiful, single, lovely female doll has managed to sneak onto my list and keeps bumping herself up higher and higher when it comes to who I'm saving for next. I have had a few female sculpts in the past that I was smitten with, but that was mostly it. Puppy love. They'd be gorgeous and I'd swoon...but that was it. DiM Kassia has been the only girl sculpt to nab me and keep me pulled into her, probably because she suits my only favorite female character to a T. I've had a handful of other female characters before, but none I've ever been particularly attached to. Atlantis is different, and it just so happens that DiM Kassia is spot on.

I very much doubt I'll ever get another female doll aside from her as I'm closing in on completing my collection anyway. But I'm pretty sure I'm a one-girl doll kind of person anyhow ;)

9. I will be having one boy and one girl for now.

10. LOL!!!!! :lol:

11. I originally planned to have just males, but..I think I will end up having at least one girl! xD

12. Yeah! I am happy to hear that. We need more Luna's. Volks girls are my favorites. Along with Peakswoods and DiM

13. Yeah, I'm more comfortable around guys for some reason and my first characters were male. I used to have a ton of barbies, and thought about my first doll going to be a girl...well, Mike saw El and said "I want that one! That's ME!" so I got him and the rest followed. The girls just stole my heart.

14. I may get a guy doll one day, dolly junk sort of weirds me out lol
      though I'd get tempted to make it look like myself, though I already look like 60% (at least) of male dolls already...not a hard feat

15. I own mostly boys...everytime I was in the market for a doll I'd look through and only be attracted to boys. I always thought the girls were beautiful but they never really appealed to me. I'm to picky with them...they're bodies have to be a certain way the face has to look a certain way and I didn't truly "fall in love" with any of the females...well recently I decided I would buy a female and...whoa! I was surprised. She is gorgeous! I only have her head right now and she's so beautiful. I don't regret purchasing her! :) I think if a doll is calling to you...such as this female doll you should go ahead and get her. You may be surprised how much you'll like her

*edit*
      My crew is currently June(my first doll...DIM Marianne) I've always kept her and I love her I find her beautiful but she gets neglected since a lot of clothes don't "suit her style". Tristan a SOOM mecha angel Corvi, he's my current favorite such a manly body. Iris a Volks Iris...I only have her head right now but man oh man is she a gorgeous girl! :) I can;t wait till she's complete!!
      Dolls I'm waiting on..Souldoll Chantel ver 1(but I'm feeling a lil iffy about her, her character was meant to be a slave queen to a doll I recently sold. I may keep her I would like to have her story the same...I guess we'll see when she gets here) and a dollshe Bernard with DSAM 35 body. I'm really excited for this guy to come:)

Whoa guess the females outweigh the males now...I guess for me I have to see females in person to fall in love whereas the males I can instantly say he's gorgeous and I know I'm going to love him even from a picture, I don't get attached to female dolls until they're here...

16. For whatever reason I've never felt the need to get a boy. Maybe because I have a real-life one here at home who's hard enough to take care of as it is ;D

17. I agree Tosh, I'm in the same boat right now:)

18. LOL! Thats great :lol:

19. I have a diverse wishlist and my current collection is pretty balanced.

However, I do find that I prefer boy dolls. I tend to get more excited about them - their hair, clothes, etc. I've always been a bit of a tomboy so I guess I'm not surprised I feel this way. :XD: It's just easier for me to bond with them (not to say I don't adore my girl BJDs - I do very much!) ;)

20. I WANT to have a range of genders but I keep being pulled towards girl sculpts. I've got one guy at the moment, another one planned and then at least four girls on my list with more trying to push their way on. I haven't found many male SD molds that I like and it bugs me.

To me, I wouldn't just get one girl I'd get two or three (eventually) providing there are that many female molds I like. Then it wouldn't be 'the one girl that doesn't fit in'. But that's my opinion and of course if you don't really want girls then it wouldn't work so it's up to you.