1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

All Boys or all Girls????

Apr 14, 2010

1. i own only girls (and a boy pipos cheshire)
      I was thinking of buying a boy doll, but i think i will end up selling him, like iv done before. And ther isent any boy dolls i really love. I do like them, but not love

2. The first doll that I bought was male and I'm now waiting on a female doll coming in... I'm not worried at all yet, but I guess that's because I currently only have one of each. (Or will, when she arrives)

3. When I first got interested in the hobby I thought that I would only own boys, but then I actually got my first doll and it was a girl. I sold her for another girl, and then the next four were boys, then sold the girl, got two more girls, three more boys, and eventually ended up with two girls and five boys as of today. Although I have a couple of girls I still prefer boys. Even though I may come across a few girl dolls that I really like, and will most likely buy, I know I'll still have more boys than girls (as I generally tend to find more boys that I like all the time).

4. Up until very recently girl dolls didn't interest me even the slightest. I don't know why. I even actively went out searching every bjd company and looking at heaps of owner photos to see if a girl might attract me. All to no avail. They just seemed bland and uninteresting. There was nothing to them but long wigs, vacant looks and overdone dresses. That's at least the impression I had before. Lately a few girl dolls has caught my interest, mainly tinies and minis, though.

Oh, and beautiful Napidoll Maria. I think she's my dream doll at the moment, the sculpt I keep on searching high and low for. Only female doll on my wishlist atm and, if something else doesn't suddenly pop ut, will be my very first girl doll. Some time in the future. Oh Maria:aheartbea

5. For now I have only girls but planning on boy too. A bit scared tho ^^ don't want to end up sitting and looking at him going : "oh dear...what i am going to do with the boy?!"

6. I prefer boys as well. And I though that I'll only haveboys around, i was planning my second to be male as well... yet know it really looks like that it'll be a girl instead :lol: Though I guess I'll only have this one girl. I still like boys more. Dunno why...

7. So far I only have boys, and only have them on the wish-list. I'm just not drawn to girls. I don't like the faces, I have no love for the bodies, I just can't abide them. I don't mind the occasional girl-doll photo, but in the main I don't even bother to look unless it's a friend's doll or a mold I usually see as a boy and wanted to see what they did with the 'girl' version.

I'm just not a girl-girl. I'm a boy-girl. X3 I have a drag queen doll that's my boy-whom-wears-frills and that's as close to girls as I want to get. He's my favourite, because he's like a representation of all my friends, who are drag queens, and he makes them laugh. I plan to stick to boys, even if it comes to liking a girl head, I'll likely put it on a boy body like I did with my Sprite boy. XD

8. I keep wanting to buy boys, but its the female scuplts that I am drawn too, again and again. I was pondering getting my current girl a male companion, and I found a sculpt I liked, but something was off. and then it clicked with me. I wanted that scuplt as a girl. xD

So I'll be getting her at some point! Hahah, I am unwittingly only female doll owning at the moment. And whilst i hope to own male dolls in the future, I can't deny that I'm always going to be female top heavy.

I think diversity can be a great thing in a collection, so i think adding a girl or boy to a single gender collection is a great opportunity to add a lot of new things to your doll hobby.

9. When I started planning out my doll family, I noticed that I had picked all boys, and it shocked me a little bit, but I am more drawn to the boys sculpts. I don't really like too many girl dolls, and I don't know why. I did put one girl in my plans, because I feel like I should, I just hope that when it comes time to buy her (I'll buy her same time as her twin, so they'll come together) I don't have to turn around and sell her again. I just didn't feel like having only boy characters would make for a well-rounded story, so I stuck a girly-girl in there.
      Still, though, I like the boy dolls most.

10. I prefer the boys. I only have two now and they are both boys. I do get tempted by MNF Shushu though; she's so petite and pretty! I just can't seem to wrap my head around big SD girls; don't know why...

11. i used to have just a boy and only planned boys, then i got an MSD girl which i thought i would NEVER doo. I have more boys planned, but i have the urge that i wanna buy an SD girl now too o.o

12. I started of with girls and I wanted to try getting a boy, but now my boy wants another male in the house cause he's surrounded by the girls. I do love the big boys, but I do feel that they are to big for me, as well as I don't have room for the big boys, so I'm sticking to yo size.

13. Ah I kind of know how you feel.
      I'm definitely an all boys type of owner but have also been considering getting one or two girl dolls.
      Although I don't think I would ever own an SD sized girl, I'm mostly interested in Yo's or Unoa's.
      Either way, you should just go for it.
      You don't have to own only boys, or only girls, plenty of people own a combination of both.
      Just do whatever makes you happy.

14. I have all girls. Before, I did had a boy in the group, but I kept giving my attention to my girls more. After a while, I felt sad for him and later decided to put him up for adoption. I found it more easier to have just all girls so they can share clothes. Kinda harder with one boy when I didn't extend myself further.

15. Thanks everyone for your comments...I will be adding a girl, probably start small like a yo-sd or an msd...I don't like the larger girls at all ~ sd is probably the biggest I would ever go. I had some girl dolls in 2006 and completley ignored them and sold them all, so I will see what happens this time around.....

16. According to a friend, I'm a door that swings both ways, and it's the same when it comes to dolls: I can't just have one type of gender; I'm attracted to both. Although for now, due to some unforeseen purchases, the boys' ratio are in their favour, but I'm hoping to rectify that once I find more girl sculpts that I'd really like to add on.

17. It depends on everyone of course. but for me, having a girl doll just didnt work :sweat

18. While this is still mostly true as I do still have my heart set on Kassia being my first girl to come home, more and more lately I've been smitten with the idea of bringing my twins, Jezella and Ursula into doll form as well. I don't have any specific sculpts picked out for them yet and despite their being identical twins I would absolutely have to choose two different head sculpts which also makes things a tad more difficult.

If these two girls never made it home it wouldn't be a disaster of sorts and I'd be perfectly happy with Kassia as the lone lady of the house. Even so, they've definitely managed to sneak their way onto my already somewhat short wishlist, so I guess we'll just have to see where the next few years brings me. :)

19. I own all girls except for a Sei Tenshi, who is technically genderless but has a blue wig and I treat as a male presence. I will not buy a boy doll until the perfect guy is released. He must be a Volks SD17 in sunlight or ebony skin as I prefer tan dolls, need more diversity in my collection, and only buy Volks. I am not holding my breath.

20. I only own girls. I'm just not interested in boy dolls. I don't like dressing up boys the way I like dressing up girls, and dressing up is for me the #1 most important aspect of ball-jointed dolls. n_~ My dolls don't have characters that require boyfriends, older brothers, fathers, or any other male presence, so I stick to girls. I don't think that having a boy would "mess up" my doll ratio or population or something, I'm just not interested in spending that kind of money purely for "balance."