1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

All Boys or all Girls????

Apr 14, 2010

1. At the moment I only have male dolls, not for any reason other than I've found dolls to suit some of my male characters before my female characters. I have every intention of getting female dolls in the future.

2. I prefer boys, I just like the way their bodies look and their clothes, they appeal to me more than girls do though I wouldn't be completely opposed to getting a girl. In fact, I'm already planning on getting a girl later on any way.

3. Definitely all boys. I think female dolls are beautiful to look at but I don't think I'd ever own one. I accidentally gave my male doll a quite girly faceup and overdid the blushing... and he really looked like a girl, and I felt very uncomfortable about that, so I don't think I'm ready for girls yet... xD;;

4. I currently have all boys and plan on keeping it that way. I'm a huge shipper of Yaoi, that's why XD That's probably why all my guys are all gay <3 I dont mind having a girl or two though, just so I can dress them in girly clothes 8D;;

5. Hi there!

Despite having an account on DoA for years, I'm still new to the BJD scene. :sweat I'm actually deciding which doll it is I want to save up for and buy first! Thinking of which model/brand/gender/size I'd buy got me to thinking...which gender do people buy more of? I also do a lot of crafting and have thought about dabbling in trying to create things for BJDs, but being that I don't have a doll (yet!) it's very difficult.

Other than wanting to know for craft creation, I am just very curious to find which gender people gravitate towards more. Myself, I tend to look at the females more in terms of buying them. I suppose it has something to do with identifying with the gender, living vicariously through the doll, etc. I also have characters (both female and male) that I would love to see brought to life in a BJD simply because they are so customizable. But what brings us to choose (namely the gender of) the dolls that we do?

So what gender of doll do you tend to buy? And why? Is there a reason or is it just cause they're pretty? :D

(Also, I'm sorry if this is already a topic somewhere or if is the wrong place for this topic. I've tried to be a good n00b and read up on everything but I'm only human and I might've missed something. :doh)

6. I tend to gravitate towards males for some reason. I just usually don't see too many female sculpts that I am attracted to. There are one or two, but I just don't find most of the face molds for females as nice?

So, shortly, I suppose that I find the males prettier, in most cases.

7. I definitely gravitate towards collecting the male resins mostly. Somehow I'm super hard to please when it comes to picking a girl resin that would fit my doll collection. I haven't found the one I can't live without yet. I have a few that I am interested in, but I never end up purchasing them because I don't have them on my priority list of purchases even. I always end up getting the new or old LEs and they're always boys! I have plans to get hold of Iplehouse Jessica sometime though -- mostly so I can start up my Etsy clothes store. And I wish to get a Dollmore Lusion someday!

8. I agree with Haiiro, I tend to find the males prettier. Too, I find the female bodies to be far too exaggerated in many cases. I have 3 males currently, though the next two I plan to get will be female models. A youth dollmore and Zaoll, Luv. Neither have the most feminine faces however, so I still say the masculine are more appealing

9. I gravitate towards females, mostly because I like sewing doll clothes, and I find it easier to sew women's clothes.

10. My dolls are representations of characters, and I have more males than females in my backlog of characters, so I buy males more.

Also, the female characters that I want to shell are very particular, and it's hard for me to find dolls that would suit them. For example, I have a character called Skye who is dark skinned, small and curvy. There aren't many dolls in the 60cm range that are similar to that description, and those that are, generally don't match other parts of her aesthetics (There are a few 70cm range dolls that match, but that's the wrong scale compared to the other characters from the series). It seems to me that there are much more mature male sculpts out there that co-allign with my designs than the female sculpts.

11. Me, too. I have far more male role play and story characters than female.

I always go for male dolls. I've only seen one female I could ever possibly want, and it's mainly because I like her dress. There's no way I could mod it for a male doll but now that I think about it, maybe I can find someone on here that could make one like it for my male doll! That would save me hundreds on buying the female doll just to admire her dress! Hehe.

12. I gravitate towards males, because that's what the vast majority of my characters are, and I buy dolls to 'shell' my characters. I also just...like males better, I dunno. I think most of the girls just kind of look annoying, unless they're done a very specific way.
      I often see girls and think they would look better as a boy. ((Aelic is a perfect example of that; he is a KDF Darae, which is only sold on a girl body, but I wanted it for my character and now he's a boy.))
      And the males just tend to be more attractive, in my opinion. ((Though the males I have now [and I only have males] are all cute little boys...))

13. My collection is fairly balanced right now, but I'm more drawn to girl dolls in general.

14. Well....I'm pretty new to this hobby myself. ^_^ That being said....I think I tend to see more male sculpts I like because I find that the male faces tend to have the more unique and interesting sculpts. Perhaps it's just me, but I find that with a lot of female sculpts from company-to-company I feel like I'm seeing the same exact "moe" girl face everywhere. With the male sculpts I find more variation in features/expressions. For me, when I like a face-sculpt I like it because I see potential for expression. Pair that with my love for tomboys and tough girls, and I suppose it's only natural that I don't find many girl-sculpts I like. They're all too....girly. xDDD

15. Right now my "family" is pretty even, but every doll on my immediate wishlist is female. I find male dolls I think are lovely, but they're typically not ones that I actually want to bring home, just admire. I would like to add at least one more boy to the collection, but it's pretty much all about the girls for me.

16. I have three girls and one boy at the moment. I used to collect mainly male bjds, but always ended up selling them. I think I only like the one I have now since he's just absolutely perfectly my own main male character. That aside, I'm pretty much only about cute girls. I could go for a whole collection of little princesses. &#9829;

17. I go for the girls. I currently have 4 girls and 3 boys, but one of the boys is a robot and doesn't count, and all of the dolls on my wishlist are girls.
      Dispite my constant attempts the even the odds, I always seem to have more female characters. I'm also much more drawn to female bjds, I'm not sure why, but I just find many of the boys very boring.
      I'm extremely picky about boys, I want very specific body types, sizes, and skin tones. I also don't find it nearly as fun to dress boys.
      In short, I love looking at other people's boys but I can rarely get them to work for myself.

18. My collection is going to be a mixture of doll-characters from my books, and a couple of random dolls simply for aesthetic reasons. If that makes sense...:sweatAny who, outside of 'gender-needs' when it comes to character dolls, I tend to gravitate more towards boys :aheartbea Even when coming up with characters when I need one in my books, I go more for boys.
      I think this stems from a long childhood/high school life of feeling threatened by other girls:sweatgirls picked on me a lot in primary school for superficial reasons, and I guess I've just always subconsciously assumed other girls are always judging me, and thus I tend to feel more shy, or 'threatened' when around other girls.
      Also, when I was very little, I had a doll (not a BJD) which I was VERY attached to, named Peter Pan (but he wasn't a Peter Pan doll lol) and then my grandmother got me a girl doll that I named Wendy. WELL, when I was little I had a crush on Peter Pan from the Disney movie (lol) and I was always jealous of Wendy! Sooooo I could never love my Wendy doll because I associated her with the real Wendy lol

Just a valid point I guess...lol I am...jealous of girl dolls? *_* bahahahaha :aheartbea

19. I tend to gravitate towards the boys. Firstly my dolls are character dolls and my characters are mostly male, and secondly I'm really picky when it comes to girl sculpts.

20. To be honest, I gravitate towards whatever sculpts I like, without really taking into account what its gender is. I pay attention to whether I like something aesthetically. There are quite a few male sculpts that I would consider purchasing, as well as female. Though I suppose, technically, I go for the girls more often, because my only doll I have is a girl, and the other I'm about to purchase is also a girl.