1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ALL Iplehouse EID woman discussion thread

Dec 24, 2009

1. Here's the reply I got from Iplehouse regarding an EID woman in ebony/dark brown.

So keep your fingers crossed and let them know you're interested, I guess. :)

2. Ip did tell mem that they will be releasing Kamau and Luo counterparts this year, but did not say how dark Ms Kamau's skin would be. Personally, I am gagging for a Ms Luo. Come on Ip!

3. Ok, I said I'd only have one EID, but now I want Luna so she can be a friend to Jessica. These girls are so addicting!

Quick question- to those of you who have them, do you take all their clothes off and put them back in the box every time you're done playing with/looking at them? I'd like to keep my Jessica on a shelf in a dark room, but I'm not sure if that's good enough coverage to keep out all the sun. Am I being too paranoid?

4. hi just saw a post in the news section saying that from this weekend iple is selling the eid girls in realskin!!!! Yay, can't wait to see pics of them!

5. I'm the same way...a little on the paranoid side. But, I tend to keep the curtains in my bedroom closed so there isn't much light coming in...plus I um, insisted on putting UV protective film on the windows. Ok, so I am very paranoid I guess! At least I can leave Jessica out and enjoy looking at her and still have piece of mind. I never put her back in the box except for traveling to meetups.

6. I took some comparison photos of Iplehouse's cream white with Soom's cream white and NS. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post them, but I'm sure there's probably people out there that may be interested in hybrid-ising their Yur chimera parts with other companies' body parts....

[​IMG]

Okay; buckler is Soom NS, croissant-horn is Soom CW and the tail is Iplehouse CW. You can't really tell from that photo (that was taken in natural lighting), but IP CW and Soom CW is different.

[​IMG]

It's hard to capture on camera (at least for my crappy digital camera), but you can definitely see the difference with the naked eye. IP CW has a slightly more pink/peach tint to it while Soom's CW is creamy-white. It should be noted that the croissant-horn has seen the light of day quite a bit so it's definitely not pristine brand new Soom CW. But even if it was, there's still an obvious difference between the two cream whites.

I guess it isn't too bad if you don't mind blushing the Soom CW parts to match the IP CW parts.

7. It might also be possible to reduce the pink tones of the Iplehouse white by exposing them to sunlight, especially if they use the same red pigment in their "cream white" skin as they do in their "real skin" and "brown skin" resins. It's very unstable, and breaks down quickly.

8. Unfortunately Scotland doesn't get much sunlight, but I will be leaving my doll out in my room, so hopefully she'll 'mellow/yellow' a little from the lighting that way and I'll be able to see if she has gone paler or not :sweat

9. I agree with you.... I have many dolls, but Jessica is now my favorite, and last time I just play many with. In my doll room the curtains are also closed,
      but I use many professionel photo light and later I can say, whether her color changes (because other pair hands is in box and unplayed)

10. I think Luna looks really nice in the realskin, actually-- she's generally my least favorite of the three, but that color looks good on her. I'm still planning on a basic NS Yur at some point, but it's always interesting to see Iple's dolls in realskin.

11. Why am I such a sucker for Realskin? Seriously, they all look amazing. We already knew Jessica rocked the Realskin but Yur and Luna both got a whole lot cuter/hotter to me. Luna in particular is probably wearing the most flattering wig I've seen her in on the Iplehouse site. Can't wait to see owner pics of these girls. :D

12. The RS girls look like completely different dolls to me (and I mean that in the good way!). Luna looks less 'cute' and more sultry in RS. Jessica always looks sultry no matter what color her resin is XD

I won't be getting one of them since I just got my Yur, but I'm curious if this the same RS that had/has a habit of turning green if exposed to light/sunlight too often? :( If it is, it's a shame... because that RS is a really gorgeous color and I'm hoping to get one of the EiD boys in that color some time in the distance future.

13. Im absolutely smitten by Yur in realskin. I was planning for a Jessica but now I think Im going to jump for a Yur in realskin. Could anyone direct us realskin noobs to any threads about it? They seem to be saying its a more stable kind?
      Yuurrrrrr :drool

14. This RS is the UV-protected kind, which fades much more slowly than the original RS resin did. You should still try to be careful with it, but you should be able to take it out for short periods of time without any severe greening. (Although I'm one of those few people who would actually like a greened EID boy, or at least to see one, because it's a really pretty shade of green that would be perfect for one of my characters.)

Getting back to the girls though, Yur in RS is indeed nice but I still want to see the normal version of her with the different makeup options already. Also, the fact that all the EID have two different makeup options is awesome. Especially on Luna, with the sweet-looking A-type and the sultry B-type:D.

15. Luna is realskin is seriously pretty! Its such a shame realskin is limited.

16. It still seems Iplehouse are still not doing custom face ups or blushing? I would have loved the blushing on Yur.

17. I like that they gave Yur more sultry eyes, but the whole faceup together still makes her look really childlike. I think she'd look rockin' if they had given her some darker lips.

18. I agree-- darker lips would really make that faceup.

19. I actually love her pink lips ... but then, I looooove pink ^_^