1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ALL Iplehouse EID woman discussion thread

Dec 24, 2009

1. LOL, I'm hoping I don't fall in love with the dark skinned girl too. I am this close to ordering Jessica in real skin, but she's amazing in NS too, and I wouldn't have to worry as much about discoloration. And then I hear this about two new girls!!! :o I hope I have time to decide before the ordering periods are over, this is gonna kill me...

2. :o Two new girls you say? Good thing I'm waiting until closer to the end of the ordering period to order a Real Skin lady! I've been been wanting a BJD with an Asian look, and so far JID "I" has come the closest to what I want (and I'll get her when she's released in RS again, but that's for another thread). But I've been wanting a dark-resin doll as well, and that was even more solidified after seeing a friend's Kamau a few times -- such a beautiful color!

I saw that they put up Yur's basic version up last night -- and that pretty much solidified that she's my favorite EID woman so far. She looks amazing in her stock photos, and I'm pretty sure that I'd love her in the Real Skin. But we'll see what happens when I see photos of the new girls. ;)

3. Just when I thought I was ready to order Yur and Luo Model now this. I'm excited by the thought of new sculpts and resin colors. Do you think they will be limited releases too. I may have to wait on Luo til later in the year many of the girls here wont be happy

4. Have in mind that the new girls will have to be released as noctarcana members first; and the next noctarcana would be, most likely, a model boy (the ringmaster), so by the time they are released, the real skin version order period would be done...

5. In post #54 of this thread, v00kimba00v posted a quote that they got from Iplehouse that these new ladies will be released in a 'few days'. I don't typically take a 'few days' as meaning nearly a month or more. :sweat

6. Iplehosue have really buggered up my doll plans! ;) I was going to order Jessica after I had moved house but then Yur in Realskin came out and shes by far my favourite in darker skin, but that means Ill have to order her this month and get her posted to my parents or something as Im moving! Then they announce theyre bringing out two new dolls in the next couple of days?? Argh!! I cant wait though :D

7. I was wondering about the mobility type thighs. I have a Ringdoll with that kind of joint an it doesn't really work. Does theirs? Is it worth the extra money? What's your opinion?

8. I'm not a fan of the EID mobility joint.. it doesn't offer much added poseability and I had to mod mine extensively to get it to do what I expected. The joint isn't made to rotate, and it only can if it get's pulled out and skewed, plus when the leg is bent at the mobility joint it just looks broken. If I was buying another EID woman I would opt out of the mobility joint.

9. Very good to know! I've actually been wondering this myself, and from what I've gathered, most people feel the same way. I'm going to be ordering Jessica in a few weeks, and I'm definitely sticking with the general type.

Thanks for the info!

10. IPLEHOUSE make for me now not an easy decision, I love real skin and also normal skin with bodyblushing is very good.
      Yur is my favorite.

And for me is also very good to know, thanks for info, I wish still one EID girl with medium bust, but I do not know with or without mobility joint.
      With my Jessica without mobility joint I am very satisfied.

11. Thats good to know, I had my doubts about the joint and think I will opt out when I buy my Yur..Unless Iplehouse surprise me and shatter my plans yet again!

12. :O An African and an Asian EID lady coming out soon? :O
      I'm so looking forward to seeing these two! :shudder:

13. GAAAAHHH! Iple is killing me!!!

I got my first EID girl home today. Holy COW she's awesome!!! :D

[​IMG]

She'll get a gallery thread in a few minutes. Can't wait til the Real Skin Luna comes home now so I can photograph them together. And now they're coming out with a dark skinned one (maybe?). I'm done for. I see now that Iplehouse needs me to have one of their dolls in every color. *sigh* I give Iple, you win. :(

Regarding the mobility joints, I had them on my Cocori and my Tatiana. Pretty useless and unattractive IMO. I got both my EID girls without and so far no complaints.

14. OHMY. :o

She's gorgeous, Tiffanyjbt! Love her faceup, and the eyes and wig you put on her.

I'd been curious about the mobility joints on the EID women as well. I have them on both my Tatiana and Tania, and they help a bit with getting them to sit. But these two little ones have jointed butts, whereas the EID woman body does not (as far as I remember from IH's photos of the body before they first released Jessica). So I imagine that the EID ladies don't have as much trouble sitting in close fitting pants as the little ones do, since they don't have any hip plates to worry about... or am I wrong (about sitting easily)? I know that they might not be as forgiving in balance and posing as a MSD size doll, since they're much larger (I'm still trying to find my SD boy's balance!) and heavier.

I don't mind the mobility joint on my little ones, since I've not ever put them in short shorts or short skirts. Though my first girl was in some undies for awhile. I might be more inclined to dress an EID woman in short dresses and skirts though... those legs were not sculpted to be covered up! So I may skip the mobility joint and put that $20 towards another wig... ;)

15. Thank you Quirked, I've totally fallen for her. :)

She was wearing really tight pants when I photographed her. I didn't have any trouble getting her to sit, but her "butt" popped completely out of her hip sockets on a few poses. Not sure that the mobility joints would help a whole lot with that. However, her pants totally got stuck in between her butt and hip sockets. She'll be wearing skirts and dresses once I blush her body to avoid the rubbing of tuggin her pants out. But then, your right. Those legs need to be shown, so the plan was to have her in skirts and dresses from the beginning.

16. This is absolutely terrible, my plans are shattered. My Jessica hasn't even arrived and I was planning on Luna being next, but now a REAL SKIN YUR?! I cant resist. Im even considering another Jessica,TWINS! the real skin is just to die for. I must get a grip...OR purchase all three! :D

17. Thanks everyone for the scoop on the mobility thighs. I was hoping they weren't worth the extra money and now I'm saved thanks to you guys.

I was planning a ns jessica with my birthday money but I think the realskin Yur may have changed my mind. I didn't like her at first but I love the faceup they gave her in the realskin. I may get her in ns with the realskin faceup since the rs makes me nervous. I don't want a doll that turns yellow after a few months. But I'm gonna wait till the two new girls are released just in case.

18. I've had my two Real Skin JIDs since September, and I've not noticed any color changes. And my JIDs are in the resin that was before the UV-cut resin that they're using now, they only have a small amount of UV protection (or at least my Ryan does, I'm not sure if my Tatiana does). As long as you limit their exposure to light, they should be fine. :)

Iplehouse has a comparison study of their UV resin in their 'Data Room' on the website, if you hadn't checked that out. ^^

19. Quirked maybe I will go for it then and get the realskin. She'll be clothed and in a room with poor lighting when the light is actually on. I was so set on Jessica, but rs Yur stole my heart. She looks like Jessica's 20 year old baby sister to me.

20. Well, I asked Iple and the "few days" is raelly a few months *_* before they come out.... Iple told me that it will more than liely be around March or April that the two new girls come out. So don't hold your breath guys :(