1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

American Girl stuff: does it fit?

Nov 2, 2005

1. Speaking of other brands for BJD, I've head that SDs can wear glasses from a brand called 'Mrs. Beasly' how do these look?

2. I've found that the AG stuff seems to vary in scale, for example, the little black school bag works perfectly for my MSD, but the red metal lunch box is huge for him. However the lunch from the lunch box is okay size wise. :grin:
      Pretty much, if it's too big for your MSD, it may be just right for an SD, and Vise-versa.

On the Hopscotch hill shoes, they fit the smaller dolls like CH Little Juniors, just fine. Falcon is wearing his soccer uniform, complete with the shoes, and it fits him just fine! Also, the outfits were still available online, last time I checked. :daisy

Also, MSD owners, check out 1"=12" miniatures! I've been a miniaturist for years, and I can tell you that not all miniatures are in exact scale. I've run across lots of "miniatures" that were more scaled to MSDs. My Lucifer collects Tarot cards, he has one set of tarot cards that are a bit small, and one set of tarot cards that are the perfect size, both sets were being sold as 1"=12'' scale. :wink:

3. mmmkay...
      When i was younger, like 8, i was a big fan of American Girl Dolls. And i still have some of their accessories, and was wondering if they would be a right size?
      [and 2 years later, i saw taeliac's website, and i started to have nightmare's about bjd...now i like them..]
      :]

just a yes/no, please

i thought this was cute.
      http://store.americangirl.com/agsho.../webTemplateId/3/uniqueId/269/saleGroupId/187
      ne?

and this would be great for goth-y shots..
      http://store.americangirl.com/agsho.../webTemplateId/3/uniqueId/269/saleGroupId/187

piano...
      http://store.americangirl.com/agsho...ateId/3/uniqueId/467/saleGroupId/574#moreInfo

4. Yes, some of the accessories fit.

The (old) American Girl computer desk fits my Soom Godo, but it's an odd fit. Um... The chair is a little low to the ground, that's all. I don't know how well Samantha's desk will fit a Delf, though.

5. I have few bits for my mnf and my Yo's, there a bit small for my SD's

6. mmmkay!
      thanks!

7. What bjd works with ag knit patterns.?
      Wanting to knit my ag knit patterns for a Bjd , do not know what to get . Please advise

8. If you're looking for furniture for SDs, I'd suggest MyTwinn (A company similar to AG) furniture from the late 90s, early 00s when their dolls were 23" tall. I just ordered a bed made by them from ebay and it's around 16" wide by 28" long. It's so big I think I may have trouble fitting it anywhere in my room... I've also seen they have wardrobes and such as well. A bit pricey but I'd say worth it is you have bigger dolls.

9. AG and similar sized clothes are hit-and-miss for fitting on BJDs. I can tell you that my Dollmore Model M girl has qutie a few pieces of clothing meant for 18" play dolls. Some jersey and cotton dresses in that size can be cute tops for her and capris/pants fit her as shorts if they have an elasticized waist. All the stuff really seems to vary in size to some degree. I've found that cloting for Springfield Dolls and Journey Girls tend to run a bit smaller than Maplelea and AG clothes. I've also got my Zaoll in a dress meant for 18" dolls.

Actually, I've found that the best BJD size to match with a lot of 18" doll props and accessories are my Zaoll and my Souldoll Vito. They're bigger than 1/4 size dolls but not so large that they dwarf the props meant for 18" dolls.

Most notoriously, I think, my Souldoll Vito Lester is using a wheelchair meant for 18" dolls.

10. AG Nellie's dress was too short in the sleeves, but the dress appeared to be long enough. Samantha's hat was too big. None of the other AG outfits fit except a top from the old American Girl Today doll line. It was baggy, but it fit length wise.

11. Reviving a dead(ish?) thread --- anyone know if the musical instruments are a good scale for MSDs?

I almost bought a violin set today at Toys R Us: a violin, a case, a music stand, and some sheet music.
      But I second guessed myself, it was $35 and Im not about to drop that much on something that might not even work. :P

12. This might not help, especially since this post is 3 years old, but I always bring my dolls hand in the store with me, it helps a lot with scaling!

13. Ive actually acquired a AG violin secondhand and it does work for MSD

I should upload a picture so other can see it for scale! :D

(also wow, my post has not aged well rest in peace Toys R Us)

14. You definitely should! And I miss Toys R Us too, such a good place for dollie stuff :(

15. I am not an expert on AG stuff but I can tell you a few experiences. The guitar and flute that I purchased are an ok scale for my SD girls and SDGR and SD17 boys. Also, used a knit pattern recently for a sweater vest that was designed for an AG 18 inch and it was aalso ok for SD 17 boys. It was fine in width but I had to lengthen it several inches to make it appropriate below the hips for him. Of course the sweater was not official AG stuff.

16. Well, i found the socks fit in most cases, the tights fits the MSD SDM pretty well .

17. I'm having a hard time finding EID woman clothes that are affordable. Atm my little one is wearing all hand made items. Lol I just got her but I made her a pair of jammie pants and wife beater... plus a bra so it wasn't nippley n e more. I've been looking at AG outfits and shoes. Has anyone tried any on EID body? Thanks

18. Its so weird how the accessories and props work with SDS and are considered 1/3 scale but the beds will only work for my msds. Lol