1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream - 90cm - Ni, Bo & Primo

Oct 16, 2008

1. I've been so curious about the 90cm guys since they came out. Does anyone have a photo of them with a person by chance? Or by an SD+?

2. Sorry sorry! Yes, Steamwitch is right. Legend Doll, a store, does sell them:
      Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company : BJD accessories, Doll items like wig, clothes, shoes and Eyes BJD-Legenddoll
      And this is Hale, just under his Chinese name, Huan:
      BJD Huan 90cm Boy Ball-jointed doll_90cm doll_ANGEL OF DREAM-_DOLL_Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company-Legenddoll

Hope that helps!

ORPHANSPARROW, if you google 90cm AOD BJD, you'll find some pics. There are some on the older posts too. They are BIG/tall boys but reedy, though in proportion. About the height of a 3 year old but thinner. Preemie clothes fit on them (it's preemie size right?) and toddler shoes size 2 or 3 will fit his feet. They are 11cm long if I recall properly.

3. ROFL - yes but I'd quite like a removable one on magnets - because they'd make very pretty girls most of them (and I prefer baby girl clothes) ^_^ Mine fit perfectly age 9-12 month baby tops but I never found any pants for him - I just made some very roomy track pants from the sleeves of an old sweatshirt - one sleeve was ideal for each leg.

And I'd agree Alices are a good place to go - my AoD elf came from there - Downside being the price is way higher than happyhouse price (I think they're now defunct) BUT - postage is cheaper from Alices, so it kind of evens out a bit. Beware customs fees though for Europe on something that big :o

#603 elve, Dec 7, 2015
      Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    4. I had both those photos on my deleted photobucket :...( my impulsive nature pays off again - NOT :doh If it helps, I laid my Bo on a single bed, and he is as tall as that is wide (3 feet approx) and BIG with it - he fit 9-12 month baby tops, so if you take a look at them you'll get an idea of his size. I'm only 5' tall and struggled to hold him with one arm as he's very heavy - when I carried him his feet were 12" off the floor and his head came up to my shoulder. I sat him on an adult sized beanbag to display him, so he took up a fair bit of room on the floor. There were a couple of really cute children's chairs Ikea sold which I fancied trying for him but sold him before I got the chance :sigh

5. Here are a few that are not mine. I do know he was the same height as my 3 year old nephew or very close to it:
      http://www.thedollpage.com/photopost/data/500/1036AaronDolls_013.jpg
      http://41.media.tumblr.com/1760e30be1e654b838695d0e7cdd8036/tumblr_mz4ei3VZFf1tn649ho1_400.jpg
      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/belmontwitch/BJD dolls 09-10/AoD Hale BJD/dscn6848.jpg
      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/belmontwitch/BJD dolls 09-10/AoD Hale BJD/dscn6849.jpg
      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/belmontwitch/BJD dolls 09-10/AoD Hale BJD/dscn6852.jpg
      How to BJD
      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/belmontwitch/BJD dolls 09-10/AoD Hale BJD/dscn6853.jpg
      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/belmontwitch/BJD dolls 09-10/AoD Hale BJD/dscn6856.jpg

Hope that helps get an idea of how big those boys are! And unlike Leeel 90cm boys -whose heads are pretty much standard size for a 70cm doll- these guys have huuuuuuge noggins.

ELVE, you have a point! I agree, I'd like to see some counterpart girls for this line but seems we won't get them. And girl's clothes are so much more fun to shop for! *sobs* And good idea for making some pants for him! I agree, pants are much harder to find for these guys and probably need a lot of modding to make fit right as he's so lean.

6. oh those are good photos - although he was a lot bigger than that for me as I'm so short myself ^_^ Oh and this pic Photo by Lisa Napier shows the reason I restrung mine - that arm! It annoyed me the way the hand always crooked out like that on his right arm - and stupidly I didn't realise the arms could just be restrung separately (or can they?) certainly with my other dolls the arms are strung separate to the rest of the body.
      Love that pic especially as I have one of those vintage dolls too! ^_^ She's so huge I don't know what to do with her either - At least a big bjd can be sat neatly and bend its legs up!

7. The hands are huge for the body- I wanna replace mine with 75/80cm jointed hands and hope that does better. But no- you'd have to do a partial unstring at least to get to the hands though some may be ingenuitive enough to pull the knot out through the arm hole or something. Usually you have to go up into the check cavity to get the arm string and can leave legs strung but the head and torso need to be taken off. It's not as a bad as a full restring, but the hard part with them is getting the head back on, so....

There are other pics I've seen with grown women next to their dolls. For someone of your height (5ft) he'd go up to the hip, easy! I think those pics are actually on DOA maybe back in the early posts of this thread.

8. oh so it's not an easy restring for the arms then *sigh* I had some pics of me and my bo on this thread - taken in a mirror but they're gone now with my photobucket *sighs again*
      Meanwhile.... found some good pics of another bo here - with clothing sizes! Aod Bo Box Opening

Also just seen that Alices has an AoD event on for Christmas - a free turtle with a 90cm doll ^_^
      No I am totally not looking at saving up for another one - that would be just stupid..... :|

ETA - wow - this is why I deleted my photobucket! Even just clicking on those links momentarily - I have a pop up ad for sky TV downloaded itself behind my internet browser window - evil photobucket!

#608 elve, Dec 7, 2015
      Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    9. Eek! Evil indeed! Arm restringing without some taking apart isn't easy... but changing out hands isn't so tough especially if you have a clamp. Maybe some big jointed hands?

10. The large hands aren't too big a deal for me considering my first SD was my Doll Leaves boy and their hands are really big, though I would love to see if any jointed hands out there would work!

Slowly been collecting kids clothes while I wait for tax season, thats the only time I can afford bigger dolls. Then I will have my own beast instead of stalking everyone else's hahaha!

11. thanks for all the help
      happy house would be even with higher shipping 50$ less then AC
      but maybe I'll order from Jerryama. I got my first BJD AOD Qian from her so i am sure she can order the big boy from AOD too

thank you too for the owner picss. it's purrfect to me

for sewing. i don't have a prob with large clothes. I hate minithings - that's why only one of my yosds has his character clothing already >D
      also i want to do steam punk for the large one, so the larger the better for not getting bulky leather seams >3

i need to work and sell more that i can order him soon!

12. Oh wow! Thanks for all the photos guys!!

13. Here is Emmet for Jigarkhvar.
      [​IMG]

14. oh he's lovely Molliebean :D what size clothes is he wearing?

15. He is wearing the jeans and shirt he came with.. Baby size 0 jacket and size 2 Converse. :sweat

16. When I first saw these I already thought they were pretty rad (finally a doll I could probably make clothes for!) but now I really want one. Crap.

17. ahhh sorry i wasn't active here for so long
      he's mega cool
      I def.- want this mold!

18. Can anyone get me the shoulder measurement for me? It seems to be one that they leave out on the measurements list.

19. It's 21cm to 23cm, depending on how you measure. Furthest point to furthest point (where the shoulder rounds) is 23cm.

20. Awesome! Thank you so much for the fast response! Much appreciated!