1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream - 90cm - Ni, Bo & Primo

Oct 16, 2008

1. Have any of you guys seen the new AOD sculpts and body? they are not officially released yet but you can buy them through Macaron Doll the dealer. I got one awhile back I had been putting off getting one of the 90cm boys because the face sculpts didn't appeal to me but the new sculpts are lovely and so is the new body. Really buff!
      Ah I wish I could upload pictures from my computer I have a ton of pictures.

2. Okay lets see if I can make this work.
      The new AOD 90cm body:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new heads, they don't have sculpt names yet so you just pick them by number from the top down, I have heads number 2 down and 3 down

[​IMG]

My number 2 head:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My number 3 head

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next to a 70cm Dollshe:

[​IMG]

Next to a Dollmore 105cm Trinity:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are a couple of us over on facebook who have the new 90cm boys, these faceups are custom faceups though they did for me as a gift according to pictures I supplied them.
      I'm not sure how much I am allowed to go into pricing and buying here but if any of you want that info I am happy to share.

Aren't the new heads beautiful!

3. Oh I love number 3 head!

4. Oh my GOSH I had no idea they looked like that next to a trinity!! Thank you for sharing! I'm excited to see new stuff happening with the 90cm line! I really hope we see some new faces and dolls on this thread as they get more attention

Edit, @raewhitewolf can you talk about the body a bit? How's the posability? Can he stand on his own? Do complex poses? Or is he too heavy for that?

#644 Xila, May 5, 2020
      Last edited: May 5, 2020
    5. I did know about this and Macaron... been planning on the number 3 for awhile now. I think I need to go ahead and get him! But mine will be made into a very large and muscular girl. A true Amazon!

6. Yes the number 3 head is very versatile Resivove Lar on the BJD Addicts facebook also has a boy with the number three head and it looks completely different to mine.

@Xila He is actually quite light, less than half the weight of the trinity, he stands very well and he poses quite nicely. He is quite a big bulky guy so I suspect they had to sacrifice some mobility for more stability but I think he poses pretty nicely for a guy his size, he's not a useless floppy noodle like the trinity's and I suspect that is because they have made him as light as possible. In saying that the resin is not thin at all just quite light.
      The one problem I have had with him is the internal part inside his chest joint that helps his chest stay stable and pose without snapping back and forth. In my boy this part was glued in place but it came un-glued and so his chest joint became very snappy, so much so that one day when I was handling him he snapped foward and headbutted me in the face so hard I got a minor black eye....I had a wedding I had to go to that weekend as well XD
      To fix it I will have to take him apart but so far I have not had time to do so. He is big and he is strung pretty tight so I just know re stringing him is going to be a workout. He can still stand and everything with that loose internal piece but like I said he tends to snap back or forth when I handle him.

7. Is he single jointed in arms and knees?

(+OUCH! your poor eye!)

8. Let me see if I can get him out of the cabinet after lunch and get some pictures of the joints and how he poses for you guys.

9. Okay first the joints, he has double jointed knees a thigh mobility joint and his elbows are not quite double jointed. There is a separate joint part in the elbow but it does not function completely as a double joint. He can still reach his hands to his face though and hold it there. He also has the ability to slouch really well but he can't do that sit with his knees pulled in to his chest as his thighs are not double jointed. He also has little dome pegs in the knees and chest joint to help him stand and hold poses with great stability as you will see in the next post I put him into a bunch of different poses, all without support or leaning on anything and he balances extremely well, so much so that he can squat and hold himself there and he can stand with his weight completely on one leg, the other just balancing and be stable. His ankle joints are quite limited and sadly that does hold him back quite a bit as to kneeling and standing with a pointed toe etc.

The elbow joint...
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shoulder...
      [​IMG]

Thigh....
      [​IMG]

Knee.....
      [​IMG]

Chest joint showing internal part, this part should be glued down but mine came loose the day I got him.
      [​IMG]

10. Here are some pose pictures, again he is balancing on his own unsupported.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. These photos are great! Thanks so much for posting them! I really think I need him now..

12. I agree with Molliebean! He looks elegant and poses well! And i LOVE that wig on him! Yes, i neeeeeeed one!

13. @chalyss the wig is from natrume on Etsy, he fits Blythe size wigs so it's quite easy to find wigs that fit him.

Memory Time Dolls Collection by natrume

14. Wow! I didn't realise BJDs came in these sizes. They are huge. Wow. I would love to see a photo with a real person holding one. They are fabulous. The size difference between a 70cm and a 90cm and then a 105cm is amazing. It's hard to visualise without seeing an actual comparison photo. Thanks for sharing.

15. I just now saw on AC that the heads got revamped and had to pop in to see if anyone got one and now I'm really happy knowing that the body was redone too. Those old hands were too big, now everything is more proportional.

I already wanted one but now even more so. Definitely gotta get one after I declutter my room and put some shelves up.

16. I am very seriously thinking of buying one of these huge boys. I have my eye on the promo photos of that new version of the Bo head.
      The description on Alice’s says 24mm eyes. What size did you all actually use in your 90cm dolls?

17. YES, I need one too! But I still wanna make mine a girl. A very tall and muscular girl, an Amazon, but a girl nonetheless.

18. I think I only use 20mm eyes in mine.

19. Thank you! That’s helpful.

20. I ordered my Bo with the new head sculpt! I’m excited.