1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream - 90cm - Ni, Bo & Primo

Oct 16, 2008

1. I myself am happy they release a competition doll to Sooms 80cm. I am also happy they did not make it limited edition like the Mecha Angels as well. Though size 11 wig for the head is hard to find wigs for, did someone say Blythe would fit? Are they size 11?

I am wondering if children's clothing would fit them if they are that size.

2. That's more what I was talking about... the rest of the sculpt seems a bit rushed, but then all the detail is on his... ;)

The Mecha Angels seem more detailed all over, so its not so out of place...

3. Neither do I! What are you ON lady? :ablink:

Thank you very much! :3nodding: That IS exactly what I meant!

4. That will be interesting to see next to someone! I don't think I would get one because I do not like AoD mold much. Might consider it if they get a decent head up there. Getting stuff for those boy would be soooo hard... I am just gonna stick with my SD

5. Are we sure these are the 90 cm dolls? They seem kind of affordable to be that big.

I thought the 90's were named Ni and Bo. These will be 90 too?

*_* Oh man, I'm so confused now. *_*

6. It's confusing because the discussion thread for Jergis and Nicole got merged with the 90cm Ni and Bo discussion thread for some reason.

7. Wow, they're so big! I think 80cm is my absolute limit though. I made a photoshop...thing to try and see how big he would be compared to me and my dolls. XD

[​IMG]

#67 Nefla, Oct 18, 2008
      Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    8. Oh I SO want one!!! I could have a Giant in the Land of Elves.....................!

and you could keep your Tinies in his head!:lol:

9. I really love the idea of a 90 cm doll! I grabbed a yard stick too just to see what it would look like next to me, and while its huge, I love it!!! I think I would sand the eyes and noses though, the face is a bit lacking to me. I also can't wait to see one of these in person!

10. Nefla- I love your comparison pic!!

11. It IS nice to have competition.. but at the same time, it seems more like a "this company did it and it's wildly popular so we should do it too" kind of business decision.

Plus... is it just me, or does the long photo spread in one gigantic promo image scream "Soom?" :?

Blargh. Sabik's height is my absolute limit, and the head molds don't really speak to me anyways... Dx

12. I love the idea!!! I think this will be dh's next doll purchase. I'd have one too but that size doesn't really fit my doll family, plus I have tooooooo many planned, and I don't know that our house can fit two 90cm dolls. :lol: For an idea, I believe 90cms is just under 3ft. My youngest child is just shy of 3yrs and a bit over 3ft tall. I have a great dane that is 32 inches at the shoulder. So that is alot of doll. I don't think he could wear children's clothes though. Proportions would be way off. Kids are shorter in the leg and chubbier than an adult sculpted doll. Kind of like the chubby style tiny dolls. So pants that would be long enough for this big boy would be way to wide at the waist. But I guess he would be easier to sew for being so big. I do wonder if this size will catch on. I've noticed alot of 70cms popping up lately.

13. As far as the new super tall BJDs go, 80cm is my doll height limit and I only needed one that tall. My 80cm guy is supposed to be the over 7ft tall giant in my group, nobody is supposed to be over 8ft tall, it would just throw everyone out of scale. I find him quite heavy enough, quite limb-y enough, quite hard enough to find enough clothing for. It's not like I'm generally against the idea of big dolls, I really like the looks of half and 1:1 scale art dolls but it's not a size I'd want for a doll I intend to play with.

Doll specific to these 90cm guys, it is strange that the faces don't have as much sculpt detail as his boy parts.

While I like the idea of a full set doll in a lower price range, the wolfman doesn't do anything for me (to be fair the animal-man concept isn't for me no matter who does it). I think the Nicole face sculpt and clothing set looks a lot nicer but her hand sculpt is really boneless and noodly looking.

14. Um.... wow. 90cm?! Nuuuu thanks. That's just too freaking big. I do like the fact that the body is more proportional then a mecha angel, (those long, SKINNY arms and legs really bother me, although Sabik is gorgeous) it's just too big.
      Can you imagine the shipping charges on something that big and heavy? Yikes.
      The MSC it'd take to coat that head?
      How about restringing that monster? I can see it easily taking two people. They're going to have to get some pretty thick elastic to string it.
      Carrying it around? Not only the weight of something that big, but something that moves- since it's ungodly limbs will be flopping all over the place.
      In your home- the space a 1/2 scale doll will take up, it's like having a kid! It'd practically need a room of it's own.
      Clothing it- I can see a lot of people resorting to using kid's clothing, although I can see that detailing something for a 1/2 scale doll would be easier then it's smaller cousins. But shoes- oh no. Either real kid's shoes, or some EXPENSIVE shoes that probably only AOD will be offering. Kid's shoes are probably going to be the wrong shape anyways- too wide. Wigs? Well, there are larger dolls out there that require wigs, but I can't see them being too stylish.
      Plus there's the issue of eyes. Most company's probably wouldn't make them large enough.
      Then there's another issue- posing. Trying to pose that thing and get it to STAY without crashing down and carving a path of destruction.

I also have to agree with other posters, the faces seem rushed... like they paid more attention to his peen then sculpting his face. :lol: The level of detail there don't bother me or anything, but more attention paid to the faces would have been nice... 'it' also seems a bit large, it's going to be a bit obvious under anything other then baggy pants.

All in all, it's just far too impractical for me.

PS: Nefla: That comparison pic is HILLARIOUS

15. That in between head for Jurgis is....really odd-looking. Not scary like it's meant to be. And I don't like Jurgis' face.

16. O_____O ...*mind blown...dies*

*comes back to life to giggle immaturely at the man-bits discussion*

Interesting observations, all. I for one am still having trouble wrapping my head around how simply ginormous they are (I wanna see one in real life at a meet or something o.o) And for those mentioning the Mecha-Angels skinny arms, I was pretty sure that Soom changed those, and MAs now come with more muscular arms, which are available as an option part if you bought a Mecha Angel during the skinny-arms period... maybe I remember wrong.

17. How tall is the werewolf doll? I can't seem to find that info.

The wolf paws and feet are cool! I really like the wolf head, but Im not crazy about the normal or transitional face sculpts. I think with the right faceups Jergis could be a great character.

18. He comes up to my waist!!

And I'm not a big fan of the face sculpts either-- Ni is ok, but I think Bo is just hideous. I don't think it has anything to do with AOD... their dolls aren't ugly-- they just suck at photographing their dolls... they also tend not to photograph well-- my boy is VERY ugly in pictures, but so cute in real life. I have no idea why these bigger faces are so ugly to me... you'd figure the bigger it is the easier it is to sculpt.

Anyways... I kind of want one just to make clothes for him! I think it would be fun to just use him as a mannequin for "prototypes" of outfits that I want to design. The size isn't "intimidating" to me and I don't know why people are always concerned with their dolls "fitting" together... I just wouldn't know what to do with him as a doll... :/

19. I have 1 AoD doll and I think their quality is very good - especially for the price. They seem to be improving in leaps and bounds for a company that has not been around for that long. I like the 1/2 male body and the Ni head. I think a better face up on most of the AoD dolls does wonders for them. The default face ups tend to be a bit 'cartoony'. I think what they are doing is interesting and cool. I probably won't get Nicole or Jurgis but then I wouldn't get a Soom monthly doll either because I don't like set character dolls. Agree that the Jurgis head is odd - but I can see with a better face up from a talented face up artist Jurgis could be made into something quite cool. Good on you AoD! Can't wait to see what they do next!! I think it's great that overall MANY companies are trying to outdo each other and come up with different and exciting dolls! The 'winner' is us - the buyers and fans of BJDs!

20. I agree with most of what you saying about AOD dolls even though I own two of them that I like very much, but they are different in the way that their sculpts do lack a certain emotion and are "stylized". I think some of what I have seen with these dolls too is that their default face-ups do not do much to enhance the emotionless image either, and the majority of AOD dolls you see around seem to be starter dolls owned by new collectors that have'nt delved into the world of custom face-ups yet. Somehow, there is something compelling to me and beautiful about some of their sculpts that have custom face-ups that add some character...they are not my favorite dolls, but they do have a certain something that is appealing when you style them to make them your own.

One thing AOD does very well based on my experience with their 1/4 size dolls is that they make darned nice bodies. Their resin has some weight to it, has a nice translucence, and the bodies pose and stand very well-especially the new ones. I know there are other more expensive dolls that do not hold up to the quality of their bodies.

AOD does need to improve on their head sculpts to be top competitors in the marketplace. These new dolls show me AOD is trying new things and is growing as far as adding some emotion, personality, and trying to gain market share with the large doll market.

Their advertising for the wolfman doll is much more professional than anything else AOD has had in the past...even if obviously inspired by Soom.