1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream - 90cm - Ni, Bo & Primo

Oct 16, 2008

1. I'm one of those collectors that buys dolls to represent characters from my story. They're all human, they are mostly in the age range of 19-33 and some of them are related to each other. So I try to make my dolls look like the characters, look related to their siblings and be in the right height scale to each other. Since larger BJDs started in the 60cm height range that's what I used to set my scale. My 80cm already makes my 60cm dolls look like minis.

Even if I just collected dolls to be dolls I'd have to agree with you... I just wouldn't know what to do with him. My apartment isn't that big!

2. Ya, I would have to do some work on the face, but having a boy in the house that big, WOW. I'm surprised at how much I'm wanting him!

I see shipping itself is $80, I wonder what the price of the doll will be?!

3. toooooooooooooooo big! It would scare my dogs for sure. lol

I get what they were going for trying to capture the mythical beauty that soom has been successful with, but I just don't think they got there.

4. Let me re-phrase... I understand that certain people want their dolls to fit together for story purposes, but what's wrong with just wanting the doll because he's pretty, or in this case f*cking HUGE??? lol

Anyways... I saw a price for $540, it's right there on the site. <3

5. Just looks like they're trying to outdo Soom. Honestly, they're all ridiculous to me.

6. I agree that it does look like they are trying to outdo Soom. On the topic of the head molds though - that Jurgis transformation head made me laugh. The mouth is alright, but the lack of expression in and around the eyes makes him look like he's trying to check for something stuck in his teeth. xD

The wolf head looks ok though.

7. That image... ( http://www.aoddoll.net/upImg/wolfman.jpg ) is just hilarious where he bares his teeth, honestly. I would never buy him, it's creepy. Him as normal face is pretty alright though, and I rather like it.

I think they're definitely jumping on the soomwagon, after all soom did so well with their way. 90cm is quite phenominal. I think they could have been a bit more subtle about their efforts, though. I mean... It's REALLY obvious with the ads...

I have to ask this, though. When you go through Happyhouse and click on the different categories for AoD does people see what is in teh space? It's all white, no dolls. I can't see what the sculpts look like that werent posted on the front page by aod themselves.

8. Lol! Same here, I could definitely use some some exercise! Lugging around a doll that big, I'd be in great shape. xD

I have a thing for big noses too, I love Bo's nose, but sadly, his eyes kind of ruin it for me, at least, in those few shots they did x_x

9. I think it's simply wonderful! The more sculpts and kind of bodies et c. the better! ^_^ I think it's very possible I'll get one sooner or later. Thank you, AoD, for your beautiful creations! <3

10. whoa, 90 cms. I want a junk cast so I can make art out of it!!!!! I LOVE the bigness. But you know, I wouldnt have a place for him in my doll family. That's a shame. I so badly want to feel the weight and heft of that doll. Imagine if he fell over though? Yikes, it would be like an earthquake.

It does strike me as an attempt at one-up-manship though, rather than a legitimate creative decision on the part of AOD. They should concentrate on placing more heads into their lineup before starting a whole new market, imho.

11. Yknow what they say, "we stand on the shoulder of giants" and soom as a giant, was an especially delectable place to stand on for AoD. I think it is great that they came up with the 90cm body. This opens up a whole new category, and it might set a whole new bar for other doll companies.
      If Soom set a bar with their transformation/mythical monthly dolls then AoD has a right to set another kind of bar too - by coming up with the 90cm.

I'm starting to give this some thought, and it would be interesting to own something that big.

12. [SIZE="-10"]You have to scroll down, the images and the information are located near the bottom of the page for some reason.[/SIZE]

13. That is sort of exactly what I thought, I laughed when I saw that. XD

14. I was just thinking. maaaaybe with a bit mods the oversized older minimee heads can go onto this? xDDDDD

And about the angry face Jurgis. I think he needs IM hound brows xD

15. 90cm is just too big..
      I got my Vega the other day and hes just right. Any bigger than that will make my Hound look like a child.

This size thing is getting stupid now..>>

16. That made me laugh quite a bit. xDD

I've never been a huge fan of AoD, and these.... just do nothing for me. The size isn't even what bothers me. AoD's face sculpts have always looked kind of "wide" to me, and these are definitely not something I'd look into getting. (That snarling face... I think I'd rather buy the Naripon Toadstool. :o)

17. wow , i love him and definitely want him.

I am just very puzzled as to why I can't find him anywhere on AOD's own website?
      (I'm talking about the big 90cm guy here)

am i looking in the wrong places?

- karina

18. I had to know, so, here we go. I'm sorry that its a little off. I did 90cms to the bottom of his feet, instead of the ankle in the picture, but I did adjust him on the wall to be the proper height. Just...make his legs a little longer and his size a little huskier in your brain.

No way will any head on the market fit on his neck. The reason is because he truly is an entirely different scale. 1/2, opposed to 1/3. Its easy to see in the picture. He is like a blown-up 60cm, rather than a tall and lanky man like the 80cm Corvi in the picture.

I guess I'll mod the heck out of one of those huge heads to make him look good. hehehe I just gotta have one!

[​IMG]

19. Ah! Thanks Buff! God, that boy is gonna be HUGE!!! :o Man I still want one....>_<

20. 90 CM?????? omg!!! I am only 5 FEET TALL!!!
      he'd be more like a toyboy than a doll for me *_*
      *but* he looks kinda cute! maybe my first boy... I might find his huge nether regions a bit intimidating though :ablah: