1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream (AOD) 1/4 size discussion thread Part 2

May 15, 2007

1. Okay, I have the pattern I use for my AoD boys for the fisherman's pants as well as the original pattern I modified to better suit what I wanted. I can post them but the pattern I made didn't turn out quite as clear as I'd hoped *grrrr*. I also needed to convert it from a PDF to a jpeg to be able to upload it to photobucket and I think the quality suffered somewhat further because of that.

I didn't have time to cut out any new pieces this weekend past so I could show what I meant about the outfit being reversible. I don't see my being able to steal any time to do that in the next 2 weeks either due to family obligations and Xmas right around the corner.

However, if you guys would like me to post the pattern(s) along with my possibly convoluted explanation, I can do that on my livejournal and throw the link here. I think a tutorial would be helpful, too, but that likely wouldn't happen until after Xmas.

2. I'd love to see it. And if the picture is too bad, I'd love the pdf if you don't mind emailing it. <3

3. I'd like the PDF, too, personally. But either way really works for me!

4. Okay, here's the link to my LJ where I have posted the patterns. The pattern I did is specifically for AoD boys, but a little tweaking and it could work for a number of other doll sizes.
      http://2metaldog.livejournal.com/474598.html

If you want the actual PDF/JPG, email me at silverirondog at gmail dot com and it shall be yours. I'm going to try and do a tutorial for this, but it may be a while before I can get to it just because of the timing of the season right now. If there are questions, feel free to email me to ask and I'll do my best to explain.

5. Thank you so much! I'll see what I can do with what you have in your LJ now. (Love that Lust icon!)

6. I hope it works for you. I'll try and get some close up pics of completed outfits but the lighting is shoddy in my apartment once the sun goes down.

7. I was wondering if anyone own Shajia boy mold ? I'd like to see him in real owner photos :)

8. Myrretah - Is THAT where they were holding my dolls for all those months? "Pending" seemed endless! Actually, the first doll shipment never did arrive, but AOD stepped up and sent replacements that came very quickly, so I can't complain too much!

9. Yes, Carol... Pending is the greatest evil that can be visited upon those who wait. Now I shall have shoes, material for a dress, stockings, hair, and I have handmade her eyes though I may have to make another set if they don't fit... and still pending. I have new strings and a face protector and pigments on the way, with some fine white suede set aside just for her... and pending!!!!! ghaaaaaaa pending. I have been told that she will ship probably just after christmas so I have hope. I can't wait!!!!!

10. Myrretah - I feel your pain! The only good thing about the wait was that by the time he arrived, he had abunch of new clothes waiting for him!

11. Okay, here she is in her brand new persona of Cyber Hagane, a Bey Blader (from the cartoon and groovy spinning battle tops of the same name.) I love this new character (insisted upon by an 11 year old boy!) He even helped name her and also helped design her wig (which he told me had to stick up like that or she wouldn't be a real blader.);) Leave it to my ever so versatile Rao to pull off yet another unique character change. I love her so much!
      [​IMG]

12. Poetic: I love her! Again! *laughs* She makes an awesome Bey Blader. I never really got all that into the original series, though my sisters did. I was REALLY into the tops, though, and collected them for a little while, had a battle arena, and everything. They were way TOO fun to play with! And getting to build them and all that just made it all better. Now you've got me wondering if I still have a few of mine left in a box somewhere....might be fun to teach my oldest how to play if my arena is still in one piece....

13. I'm so excited!!!! I think she might be done. I took some horrible night time inside bad light pictures so you could see her. I am so pleased with her face-up and how she came out! When I first got her I thought she looked too happy and I was SO upset because I really thought the sculpt would be OK. I kept faith that if I just worked with her, somehow she would be OK... and she came out just how I had hoped. I hope you love her as much as I do. I did my best :) Here's Tiamet:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Sorry for that last one. I just liked how her lill toes came out, and the light tracery of veining on her feet. I have one picture that shows her hands really well on my flicker too, but you can totally see one of her breasts in the background so I will have to take another shot once I have some clothes on her. I hope you like how she came out despite the lighting and sad night time pictures...

14. Myrretah, she looks absolutely wonderful!:) Her lips are positively divine, as are her freckles and little toes. I can't wait to see how you dress her and find out about her character. Tiamet is a lovely and unusual name, so I'm really looking forward to learning more about her.

15. Thank you so much PoeticSoul. I'm so glad that you like her. She's an old soul in a young body. Tonight she gets undies... and maybe a dress depending upon how much gumption I have after a day at work and a few hours convincing my child he needs to practice all his instruments, LOL. Oh, and my son thought your bey blader design was AWSOME!

16. PoeticSoul, the Beyblading is awesome, and Myrretah, her faceup is awesome! Love those freckles.

17. Thank you so much Ladyganesh it means a lot to know you like her especially since we spent so much time waiting together. I can't wait to see what you turn yours into :)

18. My Rao, Sasha, recently received a new face up so I wanted to share, I'm so happy with how she looks now! &#9829;

[​IMG]

19. I changed my Rao's look slightly too, and I am more than happy now with how she looks. Feels like this is more her than before..I only changed her hair eyes and clothing and I think she already changed much with only that...so some pics!

When I just got her, no face up...
      [​IMG]

Just got her face with her faceup back!
      [​IMG]

Back to blonde with 2 different eyes
      [​IMG]

And how she is now, I feel like this is more her!
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]