1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream (AOD) 1/4 size discussion thread Part 2

May 15, 2007

1. Congrats on your new dolly XxReveriexX120. It is really exciting to get them and dig into the box opening. I can't wait to see more pictures on here. I just made a photostory for Tiamet. I finished her dress today, and despite the lighting, I snapped a couple shots off after my husband went to bed. Here's the link to the photostory: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?504546-Tiamet-s-Dream-%28AOD-Rao...-a-lot-of-feathers-and-a-rose%29&p=8833638#post8833638
      and one of the photos from that:
      [​IMG]

2. Hi guys I'am new to the thread and wanted to share my AOD Jiasha on the female body. Her name is Emily she is my pouty little girl.[​IMG][/IMG];)

3. Although it's a crappy picture, here's a spam of my Stormy after her latest faceup and an infinity dress I made for her. I didn't mean to make her into a ginger kid, but I think I'll keep it for now.

[​IMG]

4. I have such a hard time finding clothes for my girl Arianna! I recently purchased some from DoA that were supposed to fit. The seperates fit fine but the dresses vary in success. Flickr

Spam of Arianna (Rao) and Matthias (DZ Fei)
      [​IMG]

5. Beautiful shots! I love how different they all look. I had to make clothes for Tiamet and it took me four tries to get it right, Originalcyn. I had a friend who sent me a link on how to make a custom dress form which I intend to apply to her so that way I never have the problems I had again and I don't have to worry about scratching her. I was so nervous because of the pins. On a doll this size, it really looks like something from hellraiser.

[​IMG]

So you can see her dress a bit better. It is longer in the back than in the front. I like eccentric hemlines.

6. PoeticSoul allowed me to adopt her incredible steam mod Rao. I adore this super special bjd and it seems Rao would like to be The Spoiled Girl here. It's my pleasure to do just that. giggle So many fab boots & shoes that'd be great for her. Only trouble is/was, her foot shape and size. Just slightly too long/wide/tall for her fav styles. Well. .. her feet are now re-sculpted to fit any msd shoes her little heart desires. While doing the mod I wondered if other people have taken that approach to difficult-to-fit feet (particularly on the AOD's) so I started a thread in the Discussion area. Here's a link if you have any thoughts on the subject:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...-you-must.-.-.-Re-shape-the-feet-.-.-.Anybody

Gorgeous pictures and wonderful bjd's here!!! It's a pleasure to look thru this thread to see what all of you creative people are doing. Fun, fun!

7. Awesome outfit!
      Man, I haven't played with my Chen in forever. :( But he got a new faceup and some love yesterday!
      [​IMG]
      I missed playing with my Die. <3

8. Watanuki actually cooperated with me today for some nice pictures....here's a share. He's a Min. ^_^

[​IMG]

9. I took a picture of Tiamet and Dallieh, her brother, together. It actually came in third in a contest on the Just for Dolls group on deviant art. I was so happy just to get her seen :)

[​IMG]

10. They're from a girl that has a shop called Raw Kiss. They're actually plastic, and you buy them in sheets, cut them out and tape them to the doll. They look great though in pictures. ^_^

11. Latest face-up of my Chen, named Sabi :) (though it's not that visible since the picture is BW)
      I also made him some horns, but I need to make some new ones that are lighter, because these are a little bit too heavy.
      Let me know what you think of him ^__^
      We both thank you!

[​IMG]

12. I think we need some spam! Anyone else want to join in?

I'll start with a shot of Alli (Allexia), my Bing Sheng girl on a Garden of Dolls Nabi Kiss body (who still has her own hands) that I took when I took her along to a meet up recently.

[​IMG]

Are there any more Bing Shengs about? I'd like to see any others that are out there!

13. blacksmiley: He's gorgeous! :D I love Chen. <3

Ayas-Shadow: Gorgeous girl! I love her teeth and wig. <3

Here's some spam of my Chen, Die, and his bro, my DZ Mo, Vulgar. They're drinking buddies. XD
      [​IMG]
      Bromance by &#12304;gr8story&#12305;, on Flickr

14. Does anyone own a Jiasha? I feel like I'm the only one. ):

Here is Edgar:

[​IMG]

Yes, I did 80% of his face-up.

15. YAY for spam! Here is Tiamet. I just recently started fiddling with a better camera so I will get some more shots of her. I love me sweet little girl. she has such a quiet soft disposition.

[​IMG]

I love seeing everyones' dolls. So beautiful! It's really inspiring with how different they all look. I did all the work on Tiamet, even altered her wig, LOL.

16. Hi, guys. I'm new here :)
      I like AOD dolls.
      I have Wang Zi. His name is Anem :D
      [​IMG]

17. Does anyone have a close-up pic of Shajia? I was considering getting him, and I was interested in seeing what his face looked like outside of the stock photos.

18. Hello everyone! I'm just introducing myself, as I hope to be joining you in sharing spam soon! I've had an AoD Qing head for several months now, that I rescued from the marketplace, and I'm finally nearing the last steps of restoration. It took a lot of cleaning, and sanding, and dremeling, as it had been used as a practice head. It's old enough that it still has the hook in the headcap, instead of magnets. The epoxy putty is drying as I type this for the magnet mod, and I still need to do a little more dremel work before he's ready for the face-up. I got a DZ boy body for him off the market. I can't wait to share him with everyone! ^_^

19. Oooh, congratz! I can't wait to see your boy. I won't be the only one with a magnet cap modded AoD, anymore. Yay!