1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream (AOD) 1/4 size discussion thread Part 2

May 15, 2007

1. Just throwing myself out here to see if you've gotten your order or not? I've been wanting to order for a while but since their site still seems down for me? How did you order, through Alice Collection? :3

2. This poor thread is so quiet... so I'll toss in another shot of Esa. I started her makeover tonight; to my surprise her leg strings aren't as bad as I expected, for her age, so I'll probably be keeping those! Her arm string is still fairly stretchy, but pulls out way too far (and her arms fell whenever I posed her) so that'll get replaced, and I'll see how I feel about her legs when I do that.

She's gained a little dinginess over the years that's coming off with a good scrub of alcohol and magic eraser (it's also taking down a bit of her shinyness, and her blushing will take the rest of it); luckily 2008-me sealed her head well before doing her faceup, so it came off fairly easily (even the stuff in her ears and lips). It's going to take a couple of days for me to get her fully scrubbed, washed, and ready for the base layers of sealant, but it's nice to see parts of her already freshened up, and her face blank and ready to be redone!

This is, of course, her old faceup, from the photoshoot I gave her before setting her aside to take apart.

[​IMG]Kneeling by vicemage, on Flickr

3. And here's Esa post-refreshing; it was nice to see how overall stable her resin color actually was (in spite of how yellow she looked before). Her faceup was one of the few I did with MSC UV-Cut (I think I only managed one can of it in my entire time doing my own faceups), but when I took it off and scrubbed all the "age" off her body, her head and body were as perfect of matches as they were the day I got her. Now I'll just have to hope that Maren (my WS Chi) comes as clean as she did!

[​IMG]Circle by vicemage, on Flickr

4. my twins Airisu and Tsubaki just got back from getting their face-ups! they came out gorgeous :D

[​IMG]
      face-ups by Myrretah

5. Oooooh, I'll say again, they are so lovely. Perfect!

6. I thought I may share a picture of Ayumi with you! Hope you'll like it :kitty2
      [​IMG]

7. I get one too ^^ she is Momo[​IMG]

8. Hi Artirose and welcome to DoA and the world of BJDs. I would advise you to be extremely careful in buying arbitrary and unidentified dolls from eBay sellers. Regretfully our delightful hobby is being sullied by recasters who purchase or borrow desirable dolls and then make copies which are sold much cheaper than the originals. Yours may be completely legitimate but please do be careful and please don't knowingly purchase a recast doll. Knowledge is your friend here. Cultivate some contacts in your local BJD community if you have one....

To lighten which has become something of a somber post here is Lanelle (AoD Lan) sharing some quality time with Mimi (AoD 1/6 MiMi)

[​IMG][/URL]Mother by Tom Beach, on Flickr[/IMG]

9. My very first and very loved bjd is AOD Xun. I would post some pics, but I am new to the site and haven't quite got the hang of that yet. *_* However a thumbnail of Xun appears as my profile pic and my avatar. I guess that will have to do for now. He started out as kind of a sensitive shy guy, but now with a new wig and clothes he is just "to cool for school" ! :lol:

10. Welcome [MENTION=70421]Zoisite[/MENTION]! Xun is very cute.

Here is my AOD Qing Willow in vintage clothing. The 16" Little Miss Revlon and Candy Fashion Doll clothes from the 1960s work well for her. I have also found patterns for her from that era.

[​IMG]

11. angelkittie your McKenna gorgeous.

12. Thank you Ophelia! Your Willow is gorgeous and I love her outfit! I didn't know the Little Miss Revlon outfits would fit. That is good to know.

13. [​IMG]IMG_3791 by AmayaBambi, on Flickr

Took some Christmas pictures, Here is my Wang-Zi. Its been way too long since I got new pictures of him.

14. *squee* (pun intended) Alice Collections has a sale/event for AoD's for 1/4 pig head, 1/6 pig head or with an SD a turtle!
      Angel of Dream (Event) : Alice's Collections
      I'm now waiting on a Rao (will be my MelB/Melba) and a Tao Hunado! (will have the event head and be a piggy alien for my Outlaw Star space crew! I have a sexless Merperson alien to pair her with!)

I've never seen a Tao Huandao head other than store pics... so hope to see more owner pics!

15. AmayaBambi AoD's Wang Zi is not only one of my favorite of AoD's
      1/4 boys but one of my favorite 1/4 boys from any manufacturer.

Here is mine

[​IMG]At the Gate by Tom Beach, on Flickr

16. @TomB Your boy is wonderful! That is a great picture! I love the in scale pike!

17. Thank you! That is one of the few props I made myself.

18. So I got Cade's headcap from Alice's Collections (did my order back in December), and it doesn't fit T_T
      It must be the new-style one. The bottom looks like it'd fit, but the top sticks out too much - gonna have to get it modded

19. Thank you! <3
      I wasn't sure what wig size does 1/4 AoD doll wears...
      Their website did not work last time I looked...

20. Wanted to share my newest crew members!
      (had issues adding pictures for some reason, added links too!)

Keitaro: 2016 NY Yu Luo Male
      Tifa/Maiden: 2016 NP Female Tao Huandao
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Untitled
      MelB/Melba: 2016 Normal Pink Female Rao
      [​IMG]
      Untitled
      Rosa Schweinhardt: 2016 Normal Pink Piggy event head on small chested female body *Species: Cochone
      (she has old/unknown age white DikaDoll hands to try to help her head not look so small!)
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Rosa Schweinhardt - Cochone Species

#840 The_Modern_Maiden, Apr 23, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 24, 2016