1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream (AOD) 1/4 size discussion thread Part 2

May 15, 2007

1. Oh cool, I didn't know that! Maybe I ought to give Doll-Love a closer look. I do like Kaja, he's pretty cute.

I wish I knew more about Cade, I don't know what year he was made, I had to guess that he was normal yellow xD

I still need to get his headcap modded to fit him. It arrived in January and I still haven't had a chance to get together with the person who's gonna mod it for me ><;

2. For Mother's Day, Lanelle, my AoD Lan and Mimi, my AoD 1/6 girl.

[​IMG]Mother by Tom Beach, on Flickr

3. They look very sweet together. :daisy

4. Here's my Johnny. He's a Tao Huandao. I know you've got yours now, but here's mine anyway since you were wondering about head shots.
      [​IMG]

#844 RagingMoon1987, Jun 15, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    5. I'm thinking of getting a 1/4 AO boy. But can't decide which one to get Jia Sha or Wang zhi.

6. I love my Wang Zi!

He's one of my favorite boys.

[​IMG]Walter by Tom Beach, on Flickr

7. Popping in to ask, does anyone know if the Yu Luo sculpt has been modified? In pics of the blank head on Alice's Collections, the mouth seems less wide than it used to be. Or is it just me? I know at some point they updated the company pics to be better quality, and I believe updated the faceups as well(not sure), but I forget when. I'm not sure if they made any other changes, but I'm aware that the Rao sculpt was changed a while ago to have slimmer cheeks or something. Is anyone aware of any change in the Yu Luo sculpt? I haven't seen many owner pics of him overall, and none more recent than 2014 or earlier, so I can't tell for sure.

I'm considering moving Yu Luo up on my wish list but I want to be sure what I'd be getting. If anyone has any owner pics of him, newer or not, I'd love to see!

8. Hello,

sorry for just popping up in this thread

I found that doll on sale on a group but I dunno which mold it is
      the seller says she does not know either but he's around 8 years old and probably discontinued
      He's 45cm tall - and as recommened after I posted him in the specific Doll thread I post him here since my thought he is from AOD was confirmed.

Hope to find a little help here :3
      I hope it's okay to post it here, aswell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Off the top of my head, Wang Zi or An... doesn't look like a Chen to me. The big ears and muscular body are a dead giveaway of an 8 year old boy! Congratulations, and hopefully we can figure out what boy you have!

10. [​IMG]

11. My Keitaro is a Yu Lou 2016. I don't know compared to the older sculpts but he has small ears, possibly different nose, and squinting eyes.

12. [​IMG]Willow by blacsylc, on Flickr

Willow, at Red Wing Park, on vacation in Virginia. This was the day this summer the world seemed to go mad for Pokemon, and there were people milling all over the park playing the game.

Willow is wearing an outfit by Dollmore. She's pretty tousled, because we just came from the beach!

#852 ophelia, Sep 14, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    13. she's very cute =3
      i like the outfit and ther surrounding
      great shot ^^

14. My Lanelle (Lan) went on vacation with us as my travel doll
      this year. One of our stops was with Carol's cousin who has
      a really frilly and girly home. Lanelle was in heaven. :)

[​IMG]Lanelle in luxury by Tom Beach, on Flickr

15. I was on vacation recently (with a doll friend no less) and she was browsing the MP here. She stumbled upon a sale for an old AoD boy body in tan with a DL head and the seller was in Boston, where we would be going for the last 2 days of our trip. Hurried PM's back and forth resulted in the seller agreeing to sell me her boy and for me to pick him up when we were in Boston. This was awesome as that meant no shipping fees/waiting for delivery, no exchange rate (I'm Canadian) and no waiting for Customs to release the hostage. I didn't need the DL head and gave that to my doll friend (she really liked it and now has her first floating head).

This means that the floating head I've had since I started the hobby 8 years ago (tan Min) finally has a body and one that I never thought I'd be able to get for him (old muscle body in tan). Right now Tohan doesn't have a face-up and his eyes haven't shipped out yet with his partner (which is supposed to happen sometime this month). While the body is of an unknown age, the resin match is about... 98.5% with the head being ever so slightly lighter than the body. I'm thrilled to pieces over this.

16. Yay! Great good fortune.

17. Congrats that is quite a find! :dance

meanwhile I've been looking at AoD minis again, even though 'I don't collect midis' - but that was before the $ to £ exchange rate made big dolls so pricey :nosebleed I really love Wansi - she's so cute even with little teeth :whee: Anyone got this sculpt?

18. One thing I am glad about with this latest purchase is that I already have a ton of clothes for him since he's a size I've owned from the beginning and he's not only part of the same World as Moswen (Chi) and Jaiseki (Min), Tohan (Min) is actually Mowen's half-brother and uncle to Jaiseki.

Shoes though... I have such an issue finding just the right style of shoes for these guys. I think I'd seen a pair that would be good at the Doll Peddler, but at the time, due to the hideous CAN$, I couldn't justify spending more than I already was on some wigs and eyes.

19. Dollmore has a really wide variety of shoes that work for 1/4 size dolls.

20. I agree 100%. When I need shoes for my Johnny Dollmore is usually where I go.