1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream (AOD) 1/4 size discussion thread Part 2

May 15, 2007

1. I modded a 2012 Meng Ya Qi head (opened the eyes) to make "Hot Ice" Hilda from Outlaw Star. Waiting for her body to arrive, and hope the colors match!

I'm also planning on working on an oddity. (It's intended to be Hilda's original self/body) A hybrid of AoD (2014/2015?) skull head and hands on a 2016 Dollzone Tarot Moon body! (The torso with arms and the spine hanging down.)

[​IMG]

#861 The_Modern_Maiden, Feb 20, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    2. I come across this ebay dealer dollonline2009 and since I see you mention it in your post... is this dealer legit ?

3. I've been buying AoD's threw Alice Collection for a while, since aoddoll. com went poof. Maybe Junky Spot has them too, but I've never bought from them before.

4. My first and currently only doll is an AoD Fei, second hand. Shes got significant yellowing. This page has been REALLY helpful. I'll post pictures of her later. ^_^

5. Glad it helps! I love my AoD's the most of my collection. They make up most of the crew lol but they pose the best and I know how to handle them the easiest.

6. AoD Fei was the first resin BJD I ever had the opportunity to
      photograph. I've considered getting one of my own. I agree
      that the AoD dolls pose beautifully.

Tom

7. I've been having trouble getting mine to pose, she keeps wanting to bend her knees, and move her arms/hands and getting her to stand was a fight. :...(

8. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how well Moswen (AoD Chi) and Jaiseki (AoD Min) both stand and remain standing despite still having their original elastic from AoD. They are both coming up on 9 years old this fall. They are a bit loose as to be expected with elastic that old but still stand like champs.

Kijika (AoD/LE Doll Adonis) still stands steady as ever, too, and he'll be 8 this year with the same elastic as what he came with. He's an SD (although a shorter SD for a boy at 57cm) and I think some of his steadiness is due to his single joint body and having a thicker elastic than my other guys.

My newest AoD guy, Tohan (AoD Min), well, I can't say whether he's got his original elastic or not as I bought his body 2nd hand and I think it had 2 owners before me. But it does tell me that the AoD tan is/was quite stable/consistent as there's very little colour difference between his head (free head from 2008) and his body (unknown vintage, but the old style muscle body so at least 5 years old I'd say). Such a shame they stopped making both that muscle body and the tan. Both are quite lovely.

9. It's been pretty quiet in here for a while... earlier this year, I took Esa out for a nice photoshoot at a local botanical garden/conservatory. Which was a bit tricky, because they have rules about using "props" in photography, and while the girls at the front desk all universally ruled that, because there were no people in the photo, my dolls didn't count as "props," there was one worker in the gardens themselves who was insisting they were and I wasn't allowed to have them (and kept stalking me and trying to shoo me out of the garden).

Luckily, she didn't find me until after I was done with Esa, so she got the most photos of the ones who went along with me. (Another pair got just a few, and then it got too hard to try to keep going while avoiding her so I gave up on the rest of them.)

[​IMG]

10. I bought my AoD Qing from dollonline2009, as well as several wigs and doll eyes, and I have never had a problem with them.

11. I bought a Chi head from them earlier this year, which arrived with CoA and the Angel of Dream nameplate.

12. Hey, we talked a bit on Tumblr! You helped me decide to take the plunge and purchase my AoD You, who just arrived today!!! He's beautiful, I named him Lycan and he's...shocker...a Lycanthrope haha. You sent me photos of your lovely AoD girl. Thanks for the help!

Goth Werewolf
      Sickly Lycan
      Fem boy
      Pictures of my new boy! It's really a shame this thread is so dead, AoD is great! It's like Resinsoul, cheap but still good.

#872 SeraphBJD, Feb 8, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
    13. Oh, awesome! :D I really hope you'll share pictures of him here! I definitely want to see more Yous around!

Edit: I see you did while I was typing. :) And yes, I do wish AoD was more popular, they seem to be one of the more "under the radar" companies, but they have nice sculpts (and sometimes really unique ones), and the price is great too.

14. Hello) I want to change my Yu Luo's body to Spirit Smart. Had anybody see such a hybrid? I am worried about proportions of it. Or maybe can someone make comparative photos of male AOD's and spirit smart bodies?
      Also I am interested in hybrids with Souldoll Soulkid NL and Dollzone b45-09 and b45-14 bodies. Any information of them?
      Also, maybe there are any else good hybrids with AOD's boys heads, espesially with Yu Luo's head?

15. Congratulations on getting your new AoD boy! He looks great, I love those photos. His wig really seems to suit his faceup too. And that doll-sized face mask is hilarious - did you make it or buy it?

16. Thank you so much! I'm really pleased with him! As soon as I saw the company face up, I knew his hair had to be blue. The face mask is from Alice's Collections, I bought it. It's the cutest doll item I've ever purchased haha.

17. Hi, I'm getting my first AoD sometime soon, it's going to be a Chi, for an incubus character! However, I'm stuck on whether I want to get him in yellow or white skin. Even on DoA I'm having a very hard time finding resin comparisons of AoD... Does anyone here have white and yellow AoD dolls to put next to eachother so I can see the difference between them? If so, I'd be really thankful!

18. Chi is an awesome sculpt. Moswen is a Chi in tan, my first doll and even after 12 years and 64 dolls later, he's still my favourite.

19. I have a Normal Yellow AoD body for my Unoa hybrid. It's a pretty mild yellow, not as harsh as my Dollzone yellow. https://denofangels.com/doll-profiles/candace-kandyx.12373/