1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream official thread.

Sep 12, 2007

1. ok, I'm very confused now as to who the former "bad" agents even are. It seems there's someone who's had problems with every one of them.

So, who are the current "good" and approved agents at this point?
      Is it just the new US sellers?
      Is it either of the direct purchase websites?
      (www.angel-of-dream.com or www.aoddoll.net )
      Is it anyone on ebay? (right now there is skyxxxxxxxxx)

there's also another seller on ebay doing horrid faceups and outfits and trying to sell Rao (a $175 doll!) for $400-600!!!!! I surely hope no one is being duped by her

2. I recieved my dolls, Mo Lan and Gu. Mo Lan had a face up, but not what I asked for and she had tool marks on her neck. Gu had no face up. I also did not recieve the free heads, I did order before the specified date. I did try getting it fixed through Vivien, but she rarely answered my emails and then stopped answering them. I do not know what you can do about this. I was very unhappy with the lack of communication. I felt like she was not even trying to find a solution to the problem.

3. Alan, I sent you a PM on the forums about this, but I see you haven't replied back to me yet (if it's because you are unfamiliar with the way the forums work, that is okay), so here is an edited version of the PM, taking out private information:

I ordered a doll from the www.angel-of-dream.com website back in June and received him at the very end of August. The doll itself is fine, however, I ordered two pairs of shoes along with him. I received only one pair of shoes and have not had any of the emails that I sent replied to about this problem.

My Order number was 76, and here is a copy of what I ordered:

1 Wang Zi (Skintype: Normal
      Faceup: Yes: ) MSD10 $175.00

1 SH05 SH05 $16.00
      1 SH06 SH06 $16.00

The missing pair of shoes is the SH05 (pink boots).

I would be grateful if you could help me out with this problem, or put me in touch with someone who can, if you cannot. I would like to have the shoes shipped to me, as I bought them for a friend, but if necessary I would appreciate a refund of the $16 the shoes cost, as I did not receive what I paid for.

I will send a copy of my PM to the singapore website again, though I am not hopeful about getting a response.

I agree with what other people are saying, in that if your Singapore representative is not coming through with her transactions and practicing shoddy customer service, then SHE is the one who should be made to stop selling dolls, NOT an agent who had, from what I understand, a VERY good track record. In my opinion, whoever made the decision to stop allowing Jack to sell AOD dolls was a very serious error, and probably lost your company a lot of money.

4. I hope this all settles down soon.

I have purchased dolls from both Alan and Jack from Ebay and was hoping to buy more through Jack (I liked the fact I could choose from face-ups were in stock and that my Fei arrived around a week later). All this back-biting has really put me off and I will not be putting my order in until I know where I stand as a repeat customer.

The issue over these agents really does need to be clarified by someone who has the authority to speak from within your company as it is putting a huge cloud over the situation which will put off potential customers - myself being just one.

I was also the recipient of one of Alans "illegal ebayer" notices which was the main reason I did not wish to deal with him again. I found it very petty. People like to choose who to deal with and once they are happy they do not like to be forced to change without a good reason.

So I would like to get more dolls - but I would have liked to purchase from an agent I trusted. As this is no longer the case I will keep hold of my money for now

5. Well, while I confess I bought one of the first dolls through the Singapore site (and apparently was very very lucky to get a good faceup and no problems), I will say that I recommend using Emory at Junkyspot for buying any future AoD dolls (or any dolls that he carries).

I've bought over half my dolls from him and he is quick, reliable and has awesome customer service. I know he doesn't have a lot of the AoDs in stock right now, but he is easy to contact about pre-ordering and always a pleasure to work with. :aheartbea

Plus he does layaway as well!

6. I would also like to echo what people here are saying about Jack. I've done business both with him and with Ms. Ng (for my aunt's doll). Jack was super-communicative, and he shipped my doll body super-fast with no hassels. The doll arrived in pristine condition and is wonderful. I had planned on doing a number of other transactions with him in the future; but have been very put off by what has happened recently with him not being allowed to sell AOD on ebay anymore. In that case, I will be holding out until the US agents are carrying the AOD products I'm interested in.

Ms. Ng was a whole other story. My aunt ordered her Fei in early June, she didn't arrive until the very end of August. Her faceup is less than stellar--in fact it's sloppy with the gloss smeared around her eyes. Aside from that, she is quality-wise a lovely doll, but the severe lack of communication throughout the process, as my aunt sent many emails all summer with few answered, was just so nerve-wracking. And when finally she was told her doll would ship--it was still another month until she was in hand, making me wonder if the doll had shipped at the time she had originally been notified. All of my other dolls that have shipped via EMS, which she paid for, were in my hands within days of the shipping notice.

Suffice to say, we both refuse to do business with the AOD sites or agents that have proved customer service is just not high enough on their priority list. And it's a shame, because AOD has a lot of potential to do very good by their customers. Jack especially was a fantastic seller. It's a big mistake to let him go.

7. I have sent you a e-mail but I will place the contents here as well:
      Order Number: 00000086
      Order Date: 24 June 2007

Order Items
      Qty Name SKU Price Total
      1 18mm Flame
      E18_10 $14.00 $14.00
      1 16mm Devil's Eye
      E16_3 $14.00 $14.00
      1 18mm Evil Eye
      E18_5 $14.00 $14.00
      1 16mm Orange
      E16_7 $14.00 $14.00

8. There are three ways to buy AOD dolls currently.

1.Buy from Aod international site www.aoddoll.net (The site is being updating,please follow the shopping guide to buy currently).

2.Buy from the US Authorized Dealers.Click here to see them.

3.Buy from ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Aoddoll,please be noted that the ebay ID has been changed from sky18482310521 to Aoddolls.

Angel of dream will be responsible for purchase from above three methord.We ganrantee you will get best service.

Thank you for your constructive question.

Angel of dream team.

9. We will be responsible for customer who have placed their order with singapoer agent but haven't received their items yet.Please understand we are trying to contact with her as well.We hope our customers all can understand us and give us time to fix all the problems.Please send your detailed order information to [email protected].We will send you a new head for her promotional event after investigating the issue.

10. Sorry for my late reply.We will send you the boots as soon as we finish investigating.Issues regaring Singapore agent,we believe we will fix it in a reasonable time.
      P.S.magneticjade,sorry again.

11. The reason why we start thread on denofangel is we sincerely want to offer better service to our customer.And we hope we can solve all the issue that has happened and aviod problems happening.We believe our service is going to be better and better from now on.

12. I think clarifying this what the situation was with your Singapore agent and how AOD will rectify it would put many people at ease. As it is, it seems there has significant damage done to your name, unfortunately.

Incidentally, for people looking to get one - I believe Emory at Junkyspot ( http://junkyspot.com/obindex.html ) still has several in stock. He has always proven to be reliable in all his dealings, has fabulous shipping prices ( daaaaamn you Emory... O_O) and wonderful communication. If you're looking for AOD, I'd wholeheartedly recommend getting it through him.

13. Hello TheSaint - I'd like to know who you are working with? I've never heard of you before and I'm the rep for the USA dealers. AOD was not even invited to rescon so I'm not sure who you have been dealing with so I can not help you! Maybe you could provide more information on who you were dealing with!

Aaron Egawa
      USA Sales Rep -
      Angel of Dream
      WWW.aoddoll.net or WWW.aoddoll.com

14. Thank you. I hope to keep up communication until the problem is resolved.

15. Hello Aaron,

Angel of Dream most certainly WAS invited to Resin Con. It was all done through Vivien Ng. I have all the emails and would gladly provide you with all the emails that I received from Vivien. I was told that Angel of Dream was sending me an entire shipment of dolls. I even got a hold of volunteers that were going to help sell the Angel of Dream items. A few weeks before the the doll show I received a message from Vivien saying that Angel of Dream had sent the dolls to her for a 'final inspection' and she would send them to me immediately after she'd made sure everything was all right. That was the last time I heard from her.

Am I to understand she was flat out lying to me??

16. Here are some of the emails...I'd be MORE than willing to take screen captures as well so you can see them, rather than them just being copy and paste. There are TONS. I had been in touch with Vivien about having AoD dolls at Resin Con for MONTHS! She even announced it here on Den of Angels HERSELF!

August 10th 2007 -

Hello,

I'm sorry for the late reply. I've already checked with our General Manager
      over in China and he has gold me that the dolls are already made and will be
      shipped to me by next week.

I will then go through some final checks to ensure that the dolls are fine
      before shipping them over to you.

Regards,
      Vivien Ng
      Angel of Dream

-----Original Message-----
      Wednesday, August 08, 2007 11:24 AM
      To: [email protected]
      Subject: Please get in touch!

Hello Again!!

Vivien, I have not heard from you or AOD in over a month. It's really
      starting to worry me as we get closer to the doll show time. People are
      excited, but it seems you are having a lot of problems getting things
      finished. Make sure there is plenty of time to send me dolls for the show.

I really hate for everyone to miss it!! People are so excited to see AOD
      dolls and have a chance to buy! I know we will sell out for you for sure.
      ^_^ Please let me know when things will be finished so that I can be
      looking for the shipment.

Thanks again!!
      Con Head
      ~Ashley Wilson

>From: "Angel of Dream" <[email protected]>
      >Subject: RE: Any news on the doll show?
      >Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:07:09 +0800
      >
      >Hello!
      >
      >I have one more question, do I have to send the dolls over dressed, or can
      >I
      >just send them over and let you dress them up?
      >
      >Thank you!
      >Vivien Ng
      >
      >-----Original Message-----
      >Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 11:01 AM
      >To: [email protected]
      >Subject: RE: Any news on the doll show?
      >
      >Hello again!!
      >
      >I have had many people interested and say they wish to purchase dolls that
      >will be on display. Will it be ok to sell the dolls for you and send you
      >the money afterwards? If there are any left it will be fine for your
      >friend
      >
      >to take them down. Just make sure to tell me who it is so I do not give
      >them to the wrong person. ^^;; I will make all efforts to send dolls back
      >to you with as little cost to you as possible. Many people seem excited
      >and
      >
      >I am thinking many dolls will wish to be purchased. Is this ok?
      >
      >Thanks so much!
      >~Ashley Wilson
      >
      >
      > >From: "Angel of Dream" <[email protected]>
      > >Subject: RE: Any news on the doll show?
      > >Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:42:42 +0800
      > >
      > >Hello!
      > >
      > >I'll make to send the dolls before the deadline! But I do have some
      > >questions from the management.
      > >
      > >They'd like to know if we will have to pay for the shipping fees for the
      > >dolls to be sent back to us. Or, as a friend of mine is dropping by the
      > >doll
      > >show, will it be okay if we had her take the dolls down and back instead?
      > >
      > >Regards,
      > >Vivien Ng
      > >Angel of Dream

17. Ok... Now I understand! So Vivien is the Singapore Agent! I do not know of her, since I work directly with Alan and Mr. Sun only.

I think one very important thing needs to be said and that is that Vivian was with the Singapore site. This site is what we call in the USA a retailer! So she basically buys product from AOD and then sells it via her website in Singapore.

So please understand that the Singapore agent\Retailer is buying product from Alan and AOD. We really have no control on how she does her business. We hope to settle all the issues with her customers who did not get there orders from her or are missing items from there orders. We are very sorry that this has happened and AOD and Alan wish to get these issues resolved.

I personally have been working very hard the last 7 weeks since I started with AOD to help get 10+ stores signed up in the USA. This way we have retailers that we all know and trust selling the AOD product without these types of issues. This way everyone knows most of our USA retailers by name and this should help many customers in the USA since the Dolls\items will be available at many stores by Christmas in the USA.

I personally never heard anything about the rescon convention so I was not sure what was going on with this thread and what you were talking about. So sorry for not knowing about your arrangement with Vivien! I’m sorry to say I have never spoken to her and did not know of her just of the Singapore site in general.

Please understand that this is a new company and we do have some really neat dolls that everyone should be able to enjoy at a nice price! So as soon as we get over this big hurdle I know things will look better. Alan myself and AOD have many plans for the USA in years to come! So please be patient while we fix these issues\bumps.

Aaron Egawa
      USA Sales Rep -
      Angel of Dream
      WWW.aoddoll.net or WWW.aoddoll.com

18. Aaron, unfortunatelly Vivien's web page was the only one for international sales at the moment most of us placed our orders, so many of us really thought she was part of the company. Anyway I may be very naive but I think something can have happened to her as she was answering messages until 6th August when I received the last one.
      I'm not against AoD and I like the products, but unfortunatelly I'm in a bad situation as the friends who placed the group order with me are waiting for their boots, and have reasons to be bothered.
      As far as I'm concerned, if Alan can send the boots I'm missing, I'll give my confidence to AoD again.
      BTW I think the history of my order is still at the old Angel of Dream website, the one run by Vivien (www.angel-of-dream.com) so if Alan needs to check it I can send him my account data and see everything is true.
      Hoping to get this solved soon
      Sonia

19. yrdin_y_luna> Do not worry! Vivian is actually very active on MSN and seems to show signs of happiness when my friend asked his friend's friend (confusing, yes) to check. Ironically enough, I heard she bought 2 WooSoo, finally paid off for her own Lahoo, and bought another Hodoo (sp?) within a short span of time after becoming a AOD Rep. As far as I know, she is not that well to do to be able to spend around $5k+ within a few months :/

I heard she seems to be very occupied and active with her own cosplay plans too.

A little update for those who believe that she is encountering some misfortune or is unable to reply due to other unrelated problems. Thought you guys, especially those who have not received items her, should know.

20. see this is where it gets all so confusing! As that website was the first to come online and was around the same time the dolls appeared on ebay, I think everyone assumed it was the "official" company site and that they were buying direct from the company, not an agent. The info here on DoA at the time was all very confusing and contorted.

so is the current ebay seller the "real" AOD? or an agent?

and is www.aoddoll.net the official company site or is that an agent as well?

and that site, in case anyone cares to fix, does not work properly:
      in Opera, all the navigation links are completely missing (even in masked mode)
      in Firefox, the links are there but nothing happens when you click on them
      in IE, if you click on anything you are requested to download chinese language packs and I'm sure as heck not going to ever download anything in IE

so... currently, the site does not appear to do anything at all, so even if I wanted to order direct (assuming that is the official conmpany site), it's impossible.
      Good thing the US dealers will have them soon.