1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Philia

Aug 8, 2018

1. @MrFjmg2003 She looks so nice in red and white, like she's getting ready for Valentine's Day already!

2. Eriiiiiiiii!

3. I totally broke down and ordered a newly re-released Elle from FaithZ this morning. I had seen her on Mandarake for about $100 US less than what FaithZ is selling her for!! I should've just waited until she came out during her second release wave in March/April, but I was so mad that someone had snapped her up from Mandarake that my fingers moved on their own!!

I have a Sayo (M-face type) that I got back in February 2020 from Mandarake, so I'm really glad that I'm getting another Angel Philia girl for her to hang out with!! Elle is such a cutie!! I am curious as to the skin color difference, though! My Sayo is whitey, and FaithZ lists Elle's skin color as Tan, but it seems like a pretty light tan indeed!! Maybe she looks darker in person? I can only hope!!

4. @DayofDiana IMHO it's a light tan. It's still noticeable in comparison though. It's not as if it's really a brown, but it just looks like the AP whitey girls went into the tanning bed or had a spray tan. I forget the word for the fashion style that's a thing in Japan. It reminds me of the Jersey Shore sort of style with a cuter flair. It's that sort of tan.... if that makes sense. I have one whitey girl and one tan, they look nice together, so I think you will like it.

5. @mollym I see!! I think you're thinking of gyaru, or "gal" fashion subculture in Japan. I've always had a soft spot for that kind of style, so thanks for giving me a real world example of what the tan skin color will look like!! I am glad that there is a noticeable difference, as you say, between tan and whitey.

I think I have seen other AP body parts that look even darker than this light tan? Maybe that was due to the lighting in the photos or extra customization on the owner's part? Either way, I am curious if there are any other darker-skinned APs out there.

6. I *think* it's the lighting. I've looked at some tan parts and sometimes they do look darker. Some were official promo photos, with the pink background. When I put the photos side-by-side to compare, I noticed the pink background looked different as well. It's possible that the tan from the firm plastic could be darker, or perhaps some age a little darker. I have a body with a head and add-on part in tan. The head, torso and rest of the body are all certainly made at different times in manufacturing, and they're all the same tan color. So, that makes me think it's lighting more than anything. If you wanted darker, there's always airbrushing!

7. Does anyone know whether or not an AP H-type bust will fit an Obitsu 50 frame? I’m between buying an AP H3 or H5 bust to put on Meigana (Ob50) but can’t find any definitive answers online.

8. Pamela :)

[​IMG]

9. Pamela looks really nice, @MrFjmg2003 ! I love her outfit. Did you make her top? It fits her so well! I like how her outfit works so well with her wig.

10. Thank you. I have no skills to make things. The top was a Christmas gift from a friend. The fabric is very stretchy so that’s why the fit looks great :)

11. [​IMG]

My M girl in super whitey has arrived! I'm so excited! She's an absolute dream. I've been carrying her around the house since she's so much lighter than any of my resin folk.

I wasn't very happy with the default face up since it just doesn't sit right with my other doll's aesthetic. So I did a few MSC coats and painted on top of it. Super happy with the result!

I'm not set on her name quite yet but right now I'm thinking Cybella Chizu Fig. I wanted both an English and Japanese name, hence the combo.

I'm still trying to figure out where to get her some clothes from. I want some nice basic pieces to mix and match with my own makes but I normally don't buy any bjd clothes so I'm a bit out of my comfort zone.

12. She's beautiful @AllyCat ! They are way fun to carry around. As far as clothes.... that is the million dollar question with these dolls. It comes down to a few choices depending on your style. Code Noir does make clothe to fit them, but not the larger busts. As a rule of thumb, it really depends on the bust type your doll has that will narrow it down. Sometimes SD clothes fit, sometimes some MSD clothes will fit. There are official AP clothes outfits, they tend to be on the expensive end of doll clothing prices. I've had my best luck just looking for clothes that are knit. My dolls only wear white, or their white slip that I made for them sometimes. They stain really easily, and I'm doing my best to preserve the default blushing.

13. Thanks!
      I think she would fit into MSD tops since she has a smaller chest though the arms might be a bit short. Her thighs will definitely need SD sized things with stretch. I do make clothes but for some reason I really feel compelled to find some nice pieces for her.

14. This horrible cold winter caused my poor Dulce’s boobies to shrink. On the plus size I was able to try this winter outfit on her that only fits in small boobies LOL

[​IMG]

15. I have a question about AP and Obitsu arm and shin part fits. I went on FaithZ to look at AP soft skin arms and soft skin shins to put on Meigana for increased flexibility and appearance.

Will AP arm and shin parts fit an Obitsu 50cm doll?

I read APs are 48cm, so replacement parts sold would be for specifically 48cm dolls. However, I saw that some AP arm and leg parts have Obitsu 50 in their descriptions.

#195 Rneiro, Feb 21, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 21, 2021

16. The arms would definitely fit. The shin are going to be smaller. I put together an AP body in parts and I used the obitsu 50cm skeleton frame. The arms fit perfectly, but the shins where a few cm smaller than the skeleton. I will have to trim it down. Yes I’m everywhere LOL

This is how the arms with the obitsu 50cm skeleton frame look like and you can see the skeleton on the legs is a few cm larger than the shin. The leg parts were good fit just like the arms
      [​IMG]

17. Thank you! I am also bouncing back and forth between both threads.

I tried looking at the picture on Flickr but it showed a black box instead. I checked the AP thread and viewed the picture on here. I caught the missing 2 centimeters between the frame and shins. All I have to do now is wait for my DP parts to arrive so I can get an accurate color match for the AP parts I want to buy.

18. Oh, No! The horror! Now Galaxia boobies shrink. I think it might be contagious and not because of the winter!!!!

P.S. in some more happy news I just bought a tan blank type H head and large bust :p

[​IMG]

19. Abuelita made it home. She is my new AP head a type H and large bust :p

[​IMG]

20. Oh, that's so exciting @MrFjmg2003 . I'm so happy for your your collection is growing so well!