1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Philia

Aug 8, 2018

1. Hey everyone, sorry if I've missed a post somewhere, but simple search terms have failed me. My first AP girl has shipped (yay!) so now I'm caught in logistics of getting her set up. I know you're supposed to stuff or fill the vinyl so it doesn't deform, but what's the best filling to use? Ideally I'd like to get some soft sponge or foam to cut to shape, but in the meantime I'd like to get something just to keep her filled out. Any suggestions for a newbie?

EDIT: also all your girls are lovely, I'm so excited to get mine~

2. I used cotton balls for some of my girls. I got the cotton bags from the dollar store. Then some of them have regular pillow filler. I bought a pillow from the dollar store open it and use the filler to stuffed my girls :) You don’t need anything fancy.

3. Here's my girl! I got her this past year and havn't had time to play with her but here is an outfit I custom made for her! Still deciding on what hair color I want for her :D Where does everyone get their clothes from? Finding pants and shirts are hard!
      [​IMG]

4. @taltosgirl Your doll is super cute! I like the wig in your photo! Clothes are super hard! I've found some nice things from Code Noir, but they work best on small busts. For the larger busts, I try to find short sleeve knit tops that have some stretch, and some MSD shorts and pants will work too. Shoes are hard too, but I've ordered those from Code Noir as well, and found some random 'no-name' brands that work okay.

5. Finally got the chance to take some photos with my girl Christine-- and the first time I put her in clothes I managed to stain her with a ribbon! :doh Anybody know how to remove clothing stains without damaging blushing? It's not in a heavily blushed area but her shoulder and shoulderblades do have some blushing and it looks so nice! I certainly don't want to damage it, I feel like I've done enough already :(

6. omg! i did something more or less the same with my first girl (i was just not quite aware of how EASY it is to stain them TT.TT) use acne cream with benzol peroxide (he higher % the better) ! it might take a few rounds, i am not an expert on it but leaving it on for a day or two and repeat until you can't see the stain anymore and as far as i can tell it didn't affect the blushing either!

7. Ah okay! Looks like my girl's getting some unplanned skincare soon. Thanks so much!

If I figure out where to host my photos I'll be sure to share! All I could do now is toss in an Instagram link, haha. She's so perfect besides, currently, those little stains, urgh. It's good to know they can be taken care of!

8. @noblescientist Is your doll tan? If you doll is tan you might wanna avoid leaving any stain treatments on too long, as it will bleach the area. The skin might revert back though - But I am still unsure of this.
      Just something to keep in mind.

9. She is not, but thanks for the warning! Good to know if I get any tan vinyl in the future.

10. Swapped her anti-stain body suit for the newer Volks MDD Mochi-Ashi & DDP Full Bodysuit Ver. 2 and it fits perfectly.

Love my girl so much :kitty1

[​IMG]

11. Hello! Finally I join this thread (and the chase for fitting clothes :XD:) since yesterday I went to a doll event and managed to get an Angelphilia of my own, after wanting one for a long while.
      Here's my new girl Milky (soft tan skin Lena) in all her sweetness! :aheartbea[​IMG]

12. Hello friends! I finally have acquired one of my ALL TIME GRAILS - Emma! She is absolutely stunning and I'm so in love with her. I do want to get her some purple eyes - what size should I get?
      Please welcome my beautiful new girl, Luna :aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea
      [​IMG]

13. My newest AP girl. She is a super whitey Mona version 2. I named her snow. I accidentally destroyed her eyelashes when I was putting her eyes :(

[​IMG]

14. hey everyone! i'm waiting for my first angel philia girl and i'm so excited :3 i had a couple of questions, do vinyl dolls yellow? and do wigs stain the dolls? she'll be my first vinyl doll so i'm intimidated by their staining ):

15. all plastics discolour over time but, at least in my experience, definitely slower then resin. i don't have an exact time frame but prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or excessive heat would effect this
      and yes they satin, and unfortunately very easily, easier then resin ;;;
      congrats on your new girl :) which one did you get?

16. thank you for the advice! i wanted to make one a goth girl but i'm terrified of ruining her so.. maybe a shiro goth inspired look will have to do.
      i actually 'accidentally' got two lol sayo! and shizuku ^_^ i may or may not keep the shizuku, it depends on how i feel when she gets here.

17. very nice :D i think some of the girls would look great in black and some blacks won't stain but i am not brave enough xD

18. What one need to be most wary about is areas where the fabric's pressed snugly against the doll.
      Volks dollfie dream body-stockings are said to work with AP dolls though, if that's an option.

BUT their bodies are really pretty, so less clothes are fine too! ;)

19. You do still have to be careful with transfer sometimes regardless. i had a ribbon on my girl for like five seconds the first day i had her to see if something would work and stained her! Luckily the benzoyl peroxide trick worked and she's only got a teeny shadow left on one shoulder that doesn't show up in photos.

20. that's so scary hdjksh i have reworked my concept so she has a more pale aesthetic, but i might let her try on some black pieces once in awhile if i'm feeling brave. :sweat
      both my girls should be here thursday!! so excited to see them in person. ;-;