1. Please check the announcement in the DOA News section. Broken links to TinyPic were noticed over the weekend, and today we confirmed they've been shutting down over the last month. Since a lot of people appear to have pictures there, be aware that Monday, 9/16/19 appears to be the last day to download your photos.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Philia

Aug 8, 2018

1. I attached them with tick-it (the stuff I use as eye-putty) and it not only works very well, it is removable anytime :D

2. I just ordered my second AP yesterday (and I also placed and order at Faithz for some spare parts)... I feel so guilty and happy at the same time XD
      why is this hobby so addictive and why did I ever find out about AP dolls? Well... too late XD

3. I love my Angel Philia! I have an Emmy, and she is so darling. :blush Also, they are very addicting, as soon as I took her out of her box I was like "OK now I want more!"

4. My AP Ellie arrived today!

She looks so worried XD

[​IMG]

5. She is so cute!!! I love her blue hair, it looks great on her!

6. Oh my god... I am really addicted to those girls... Having my third one on the way and being in the process of ordering a fourth one XD. I even started building my Diorama for them and it is getting closer to being finished every day!

7. Oh my.... I was on Mandarake (big mistake) and felt in love with the type-B muscle shaped body of the AP :whee:.
      But I can't seem to be able to find a head alone...
      Does any obitsu head could go on a AP body?

8. The internal skeleton is the same for Azone 50, Obitsu 50, Angel Philia, Yamato, Pink Drops, etc. So ANY of those heads will go on an AP body and use the normal neck attachment. Note that AP, Yamato, & Pink Drops tend to be smaller heads (6-7 wig) while Azone and Obitsu tend to be bigger heads (7-8 wig), however both heads look the right "scale" for the body.

I have an Obitsu 50 head on my AP body, looks great and fits perfect!

9. Thanks so much for your answer!
      So I'll go on an adventure an look for the perfect head!
      It's so cool that we are able to choose any head. I love the AP bodies but the heads...

10. Agreed, some of the AP/Pink Drops heads are a bit much, but there are a few "less suggestive" heads in their line up. The Type J, L, and M are quite nice.
      [​IMG]

11. The heads are not everyone's taste, that is true. I really couldn't stand some of them at the beginning, but after seeing more and more I fell in love with some of those. Type J and M are really nice and neutral. I'd love to get a Type L one day, but atm I already have 4 AP's and I have to stop xD

#72 Lornica, Sep 15, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    12. I actually kind of like the Q head, not so suggestive. J, L and M are cute but maybe a bit to much cute. As I wanted a muscular body I'd like to put on a more "badass" head... But I'm under the impression that I will have to go with a mature face and modified it

13. Type H can also be very nice! I wasn't aware of that for a long time until I saw some stunning repaints on Instagramm. The power of a face-up is overwhelming, sometimes! Type Q is nice, too, but personally I can't get used to the tongue sticking out XD.
      @gokkai: if you are looking for type-Q, there is an unpainted version available at buyee.jp right now, I think

14. @Lornica: You are right, and it the same colour than the body I found. Thank you very much :cheer:whee:

15. does anyone have or know anyone who has an AP with a more "realistic" faceup? I'm curious to see what it would look like since their bodies are so detailed but their faces still have that slight anime vibe.

16. I have to admit, I quite like the J head. The faceup, not so much. But the head is nice.

17. The various Type J face ups available from the manufacturers.
      [​IMG]
      And if you don't like those there have been blanks released in both white and tan.