1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

AngelHeim The Medusa Zion discussion thread

Aug 26, 2009

1. ... I have a feeling Angelheim's dolls will have heavy connotations of mythological gods and creatures. Maybe it has something to do with the use of "hiem", an ancient Nordic word for "home". Norse culture, if I remember correctly, has always incoporated copious elements of their native religion/mythology.

Anyways, if that's true, my wallet is in serious crisis... Medusa's snake-hair is proving difficult enough to resist.

2. Mmm. I'm loving that snake-hair, and his face, too. But the body is a bit off-putting, especially the knee joints and the shape of the thigh area directly above them, as well as the position/shape of the shoulder joints. Also, I wish they had a lower torso joint to go along with those (very interesting) upper two.

3. LOL "Heim" is german word for "home" actually. So its game of english/german languages.
      The name is very pretty though!

Im not too keen of the face but Id love the snakes to put them on someone elses head XD
      The body is pretty nice for my taste!
      But I hope they dont too to many and too limited fantasy dolls, I cant afford more then one doll every half year atm :(

I also really hope fantasy themed dolls will become more available in the future^^

4. Wow. What an awesome head! I love greek mythology. He is very stunning but his head sculpt is more stylised as opposed to Soom's realistic idealized beings. Nice. Between him and the new Soom boy, I think there will be some very unhappy wallets round here. ;)

Ah Azraelita I see you are coveting a Karl/Karin as well.:aheartbea

5. I am feeling a need for those snakes
      while is face is decent it's not enough to make me want him, and I don't like the body either, so I'm safe on that account, just need the snakes

6. I'm crazy to know about the mesurements TT
      Hope he is tall *_* if he is tall I'll surely fall forever for him ;____; /
      *my poor haru will hato to wait for his body TT*

7. Very nice! I am glad to see more companies starting to make fantasy dolls.
      I wonder how the snakes are attached...
      I hope they will make some females soon, especially in MSD size <3

I'm very excited!

8. I'm pretty sure I want this boy. When he is released, how much he is, and how long he's available will be what determine whether that is actually -possible- or not. (Sadly, not a heck of a lot is possible right now with the way work has been going.)

What I am liking about that face is that it strikes me as being a little younger than some of the Soom monthlies, but like it's coming from the same gene pool. I could see that guy as, say, Sard's younger brother, or Cass' late-teens son. As far as the face is concerned, I'd put it pretty close to the balance of stylization and realism I like a great deal. (Mainly, that the general proportions tend toward realistic, but the design has some stylization in the features.)

At a guess, they may have a professional translator working with them for their announcement. Something about the way it's written suggests as much to me at least -- that or there may be some native or very long-time English speakers on the team. Either way, that's a -very- well-written, friendly, and understandable announcement without any language ambiguities I can spot. (VERY helpful.)

9. Huh, I didn't even notice the upper joint. That's interesting. I kind of like that idea, 3 part torsos are cool, but pelvic joints are hit or miss aesthetically, for me.

The face is really gorgeous though. Can't wait to see more pics. Really want to know how they attached the snakes. I hope he's not limited.

10. Mine. Dammit. I have a male gorgon in my core storyline, and dammit. :| This guy really could be my guy, a sculpt I was not looking to get, but I have to get him. Crap.

Crap, Soom and Luts were battlin' for the love in my heart, and this has to happen? :...(

.hlp

11. I must say that I really don't like the body sculpt...
      On one hand it's nice that they put strong accent at mobility (two joins on the torso and Iplehouse-like joint on the upper leg), but on the other it feels like they could really use some more real-life reference and more insight into human anatomy.
      The last remark is a sin I hold most companies guilty for - especially male legs I've seen photos off very often look totally wrong (Soom is one of the few companies I would congratulate on creating very gracious male legs, as well as female). But this boy... I don't know the english names for muscles and I'm afraid my english is not quite good enough to explain my feeling clearly, but I'll try to describe some of the most off-puting fearures I find in that Angelheim body:

-the 'breast' muscles - due to the joint just below them, they look extremly evolved or contracted, but the line between them in the center of his chest doesn't look deep enough to match. This gives extremly un-natural look, expecially if you pay attention to the middle of his chest where the joint starts. It could be counted as 'culturist presents his chest muscles', but than the sides of the muscles are not sculpted enough. In the end the erected positions.

- the pattern of muscles and ribs on the middle part of his torso (sides mostly) totally doesn't match the '6-pack' on his abdomen. Not to mention that this pattern looks ridiculous... It's not only ribs because there's too many of the bumps, but the muscles are thrown in chaotically...

- back to the upper chest - the two lines marking the ends of his rib cage are too straight... and he's lacking the most adorable and enhancing feature of any neck-line for me, the little 'teardrop' created by two uppermost ribs , the one between the V of neck-muscles :(

-I don't know where to begin with when it comes to his legs... I'm not going to mention his ankle-joins because it's almost imposible to well shape with bjds, but... his upper legs look like some kind of maggots. The muscles are painfully unanathomical. Or rather, he lacks them on the whole lenght of the upper leg, but there are bulbs that would match very well developed muscles appearing just before the knee-joint, which looks ridiculous and makes me think of excessive fat...

-and boy, guys with well-shaped and athletic body like his upper chest would suggest have well-shaped calves! Not straight, girly-like ones...

Overall, I very much like the face, but the body throws me off... I wouldn't want to use it, I'd prefer to buy annother male body of this type, preferably Sooms ^^

12. Where is the picture for his body? I can't seem to find anything besides the one bust shot they used for the promo. ^^;;;

[edit] Found it! Nevermind me. XD;;

It kinda reminds me of the SoulDoll 70cm bodies.

13. *jawdrop* Dammit! Do want. So very much do want. I love him. I can't wait to see how much he is. *sigh* I'm never going to have money ever again.*prays he'll be less than a Soom MD*

14. wow he is an interesting fellow~~ I can get over how well crafted the snakes look. lol I have no money but I am really interested in seeing the rest of him, and the other two they said they would release. Where did this company come from? It just seemed to pop up out of nowhere with pretty dolls. XD

15. So I am not the only one that starts muttering and cursing when something I -never- expected to find suddenly appears out of the blue? My 'oh, I will never find THAT's are different than this, but... yeah. My bank account tells me, "Yup, you found 'em all right!"

16. I can't seem to grasp what people see wrong with the body @__@; I've seen far FAR worse..Yes, there's a couple of bits you can point out, but isn't there with a majority of sculpts? It's all for personal taste and I for one quite like it, it's different from most other companies...I for one prefer the double jointed knees to Soom single jointed...See? Flaw in my opinion.

It seems to me that there's a lot of jealous Soom fans out there...Just because it's a fantasy inspired doll does not mean they have to be compared..I for one PREFER this doll..I think he's gorgeous and nothing like Soom because I don't like Soom even after having one....I'm not sure what the hype is all about them and the comparisons actually annoy me....

Either way, I hope to see the boy in person..And I may be moniless if they bring out a female version..Yum yum.

17. SO MUCH WANT. SOOM and ANgelheim will KILL my bank balance

18. sigh~ he is really tempting, wish that i could see his measurements and his price sooner~ >.< not that i'll be able to afford him now ^_^:

19. I love the serpents; very effective.