1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

AngelHeim The Medusa Zion discussion thread

Aug 26, 2009

1. I want it! I want it! I want it! ~Gus

2. Wow, interesting stuff. The snake-head is not really my cup of tea, but it will be interesting to see what else they come up with. The body looks really nice to me.

3. Interestingly, the head at least I like the result. We'll see the price and the whole body.

4. I agree. His face grabbed my attention-- and he immediately reminded me of a snake-haired SOOM Heliot, though his features are a bit different-- but I just don't like the shoulder joint, and personally I dislike the way his arms look in comparison to his overly muscled torso. The extensive muscle detail reminds me a bit of the strange (ugly, to me) Dollshe body made earlier in the year and it makes the body look almost anorexically thin compared to the shoulders/arms/thighs.

I would have loved to see a female Medusa instead of a male one, but I'm definitely safe from buying their dolls, I think. XD As awesome as their concepts promise to be, I don't understand why companies always sculpt boy dolls first. Ah well! I'll be interested to see what companies (if any) their resin matches. If nothing else, the heads would be grand.

5. NICE body. I'm a teeny bit put-off by the "ooh! Soom is having such great business with fantasy dolls that have lots of stuff on their heads, let's do that too!" feel about it... However, the body shot shows him as just an elf-eared guy and that's pretty great. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of their sculpts and what people do with them!

(because my wallet is glaring sternly at the moment). ;)

6. Naah, it's not that. At least not for me. I would prefer double-jointed knees in Soom bodies as well because they simply look better without the huge gap when you bend the knee.
      But this body... it's simply too anatomically incorrect while being carefully sculpted at the same time! It just throws me off.

7. LOL, No you are not the only one :) I want just the snake hair though!!

8. Jealous of... ? That has me a little confused. It suggests that you can only have or like one or the other which is utter nonsense.

Maybe there's no -requirement- for comparison, but it's going to happen. Reasonably realistic fantasy dolls seem to be what rocketed Soom to popularity, and so when there's another company coming out with reasonably realistic fantasy dolls, a lot of us diehard Soomed folks are going to leap for joy because of that similarity. I guess I don't see why this is somehow a bad thing. It happens between other companies all the time -- even when it isn't a niche that is quite so distinctive -- so why would this instance be so galling all of a sudden?

9. Wow, I'm glad they took such a huge risk for their first doll, with something so wild-and did it SO WELL! Gorgons aren't my thing (though think of how awesome it would have been for them to have a tail, too), but I'm going to definitely keep an eye out for their next sculpt.

10. WOW, I can't wait to see more of this and the pricing. Not that I'll be buying this guy - I'm not much into snakes, but the fact that they have done something so detailed and different makes me eager to see what else they have up their sleeves. Not at all dissing Soom - but it's really about time they had some competition in the realm of the fantasy dolls!

Can't wait to see what's coming next!

11. where Mad_Hatter is making a point is that there are plenty of other companies out there that do fantasy sculpts not just Soom but it seems that this is the only company being used as comparison.
      I've seen both Heliot heads, soom sapih, soom onyx and can say it's not like any of those.
      I'm kinda wondering why Soom was chosen as Dollkot have been doing fantasy sculpts for a long time, they're just not as popular, what about Resinsoul Dan, and all the others who follow trends like animal dolls? jointed hands?.

ANYWAY Back on topic;
      All i see is a very well presented artist sculpt with a different body. The body isn't particularly to my taste, but they are at least trying something new. I remember the Dollshe discussions.
      The head is very interesting and i'm wondering if the snakes are magnetic or on a seperate 'plate'
      The arms look like they've been made for mobility and posing, i really want to see more of them and hope they're going to make TALL females as well.

12. Snakes aren't my thing, but he's fantastic. This is a company I'll be watching like a hawk >.>

13. What I mean to say is that Soom are not the for front of all that is fantasy dolls...Just because they're currently popular it seems to me everyone is jumping to the conclusion that this company is simpy jumping on the bandwagon...Were Souldoll with Chiron? No, there is only so many things you can do with human style dolls and I haven't seen Soom pull off a Medusa style doll...

I guess I just don't see the need for the comparisons..Should all companies be compared to Volks?

Either way, I think Angelheim have come up with an original design and sculpt and will hopefully go far as a company. I can't wait to see what else they come up with, especially if they'll be as good looking as this boy.

14. i think he's very exciting.... the body is sculpted wonderfully, and the snake hair is amazing..... i wonder if the snakes are magnetic?

15. Argh! I was trying to cut back on my doll habit. He is lovely. He totally doesn't fit into my family, but doesn't stop me from wanting or getting him.

-Anneke

16. Actually, those comparisons have indeed cropped up (in a really nasty way, IMHO, with Resinsoul, which was entirely not cool), but it's not worth belaboring that point. I don't think making an association with something implies anything negative, either -- after all, as I've stated -repeatedly-, I think the stylistic similarities some people are commenting on are a good thing and a thing that will make me inclined to buy if it is possible for me to do so.

17. VERY interesting boy! I'm very intrigued by the body...not sure if I like it aethetically or not, but I'm certainly intrigued. And the snake hair is beautifully sculpted.

As far as comparisons to Soom are concerned...well...it's a large-scale, fantasy inspired mature male with full/pouty lips, pupilless eyes and wearing a cloak without a shirt lol. Very Soom-esque, and not just because he's a 'fantasy' doll. And that's fine by me :)

18. I have fallen hard for that face, holy crap. :o He's tentatively on my wish list though I need more pics of him to be sure.

I can do without the snakes though. The body isn't doing much for me either.

19. Between this wonderful boy and Soom's new Idealian(?) line, I'm going to be in layaway forever!
      It would be really nice to see a female Medusa!

20. I'll second the thougt of a female Medusa, the headsculpt is fantastic, but I would prefer it on a female body (even if my wallet is of a different opinion).