1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

AngelHeim The Medusa Zion discussion thread

Aug 26, 2009

1. ehhmmm It is unique : it has snakes , I never saw snakes on anothers bjd head ... If I had it would be there now... it is fantasy of course it will reminds the other fantasy dolls , soom has done so many fantasy dolls all colours have been used there hair/eyes/capes etc sard has hooves I liked sard too just wasn't fast ..anyway about souldoll & unidoll Ilike them but I can't see comparison too ... if you mean tarot doll , an eye into a hand I saw first in dollzone Aaron 2 limited before souldoll puts out tarot, but I liked them both anyway!!& domadoll has centaurs too.. what's the matter about if it has been done before , I like that I have options to choose & anyway snakes is something totaly new.... for me if I like it & have the money I buy , If not well I admire from far ... I like & respect much when heads/parts sold separately (both your examples do that) I keep a close buying eye to every company does that & I hope fantasy parts will be also saled saparately one day, then I'll be destroyed economically cause I'll have to have them all... till then I can live with 1-2 fantasy dolls & hope Zion to be one of those 2...

2. I LOVE the concept for this doll... The resin snakes look pretty damn awesome. Don't know that he's right for me at this point, but I look forward to seeing what else Angelheim can do. :)

3. I think the detail on the snakes is excellent, and i want them to play with as I see fit. I don't like the body at all though. Too skinny, and the exposed peanuts in the elbows really bother me. Its like the didn't want to waste the resin to cover them properly. But doood, the snakes! Pure awesome.

4. Exactly! :o

I mean, I get up this morning, dum-de-dum, thinking on Soom tinies and of course thinking about Abadon, my goodness, if Sphaler doesn't look like the hawtness next month my life gets easier....

And whap, like a brick in the head (I have actually been hit by a brick in the head, so I know whereof I speak), there he is. Clicked on the link in News like an idiot. :doh

Sigh. So now my plans are completely up in the air for, what, a week? More? And the worst of it is, I opened the page at work. And I just don't open the dolly-stuffs at work, so I know it's bad. I dwelt on him. Meetings were the worst. He's my James, and I have to have him. If you'd asked me yesterday, I would've sworn, oh no, no one would ever make James... :|

Gah.

.hlp

5. Oh man... he has such a nice face!! =D i don't really like the shoulder joints and the long neck for his body, but other than tt it's perfect! Can't wait for it to be officially released! =)

6. oh crap. I want it now! *is not looking forward to the coming months*

7. I'm delighted to see a Medusa bjd, though I wish this was female. If they sell the head separately, I will buy it and put it on a female body.

I think that it's great that this company is going to specialize in fantasy/mythological dolls. I love fantasy sculpts, so the more that become available, the better, IMO.

8. Hmm, did some research on Medusa a while back and while I like the idea, I think I prefer the more ancient concept of her; friendly snakes whispering words of wisdom into her ears and serving more as spirit guides. Those open mouths with fangs are just so frightening. Snakes are kind of eh for me. As long as they slither on by and don't come inside the house...

9. I hope you can buy the head/snakes seperately... I would put it on a female body.. awesome concept!!!

10. I've also signed up. I had some problems with login, turns out the password has to be less than 8 characters--which I learned because they were *very* prompt about getting back to me. Good sign, I think.

11. He looks amazing! Can't wait to see more from this company!

12. K, got an answer

"Dear Nina

Thanks for your interest about our ZION.

First of all, the snakes are detachable and embed magnets.

And we are still debating with selling snakes as a part and we have not made a decision for now. However, we will consider deeply about that issue.

Thanks."

I truly hope they decide to sell it seperately because they would sell a lot of them as wel as fullsets!

13. Agreed. I have to admit, I would -love- to see a company sell fantasy parts in general separately. It's one of the big things I appreciate about ResinSoul selling their horns as separate pieces. (I haven't ordered any yet, but it's nice to know they -do- it.)

14. wow! why hasnt this done before :? Great job AngelHeim! cant wait to see more!!!

15. wow....gotta drool on that bodey......
      waiting for the price & measurements

16. Ahhh! Well, there went my determination to get that DoA Luts Limited.

Because frankly, this guy's face works even better for the character, and that body has about as many minor cosmetic mods I'd need to make as the the SSDF one, so... I can work with it.

On the other hand, it sort of does bother me that every fantasy doll is compared to Soom now... It's like, can't they just be a fantasy doll, sculpted and created by the artists? Why do they all have to be compared to Soom now?

17. He looks wonderful, but is it just me or would it look better if the snakes had more detail (like painted eyes and well, just the heads painted)?

18. Like someone said earlier, as more fantasy inspired dolls enter the market, it'll probably be less like "Soom inspired" and just as if they were always around. If this doll and all of the obvious work they put into making him is any indication of how the rest of their dolls will be, I think they'll certainly make a name for themselves, and probably, as time goes and as long as they're still making beautiful dolls with such attention to detail, when another fantasy doll company comes along, it could be "AngelHeim inspired" too ^^

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for these guys. He has an absolute gorgeous face, he's like something I haven't seen before, and the idea of fantasy MSDs sound great too! I hope this company will stick around, because I certainly see some great potential for them being a BJD powerhouse XD

19. I love the idea of a male gorgon and yeah it reminds me Soom, not by the fantasy idea, but yes by the quality of the design and the makeup. Anyway the doll is beautiful, it seems that this new company will give us future surprises. At least it already has done it.

20. i'm chomping at the bit for them to open properly!!!