1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

AngelHeim The Medusa Zion discussion thread

Aug 26, 2009

1. Oh curses, I shouldn't have clicked on that news link. I absolutely LOVE snakes ... then add a pretty face and promising-looking quality, and I can already see my doll-resisting willpower flying out the sixth-story window of my dorm room.

I'm not sure whether an economically uncertain period like this is the best time for a new doll company to try to break into the market, but I certainly wish AngelHeim success. Zion already has me hooked!

2. I thought of the SSDF when I saw the shoulders. ;) The body joints certainly are different but I am liking that vast expanse of untouched abdomen between the ribcage and crotch. He will look quite tasty in lowriding jeans. :drool I can't wait to hear the details like size, resin colors, and price. Wouldn't mind seeing photos of his backside, a good looking rear is important too! :sweat

3. They very much seem like soom junior at the moment. They might have a hard time breaking into that niche at first, but from the first image of thise medusa doll I have to say his sculpt is pretty amazing. And those snakes are beautiful, not hokey like they could be.

The only thing I really detest is the body. That chest joint with pecs just makes him look like he has bad man boobies.

Lets hope for resin match *_*

4. I just read on the site that they are focusing on fantasy type dolls. This means that I am very much in trouble XD

5. I know I'm hooked and this couldn't come at a more horrid time! Arrgh why must I have no money!? He's absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see more. I'm sort of on the fence with the body. I'd like to really see how well it can pose before I make a decision on it.

Also, a little OT but I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble signing up or is that just me? I registered but then it said they didn't have my info. I'm very confused....

6. I had trouble logging in but my password I put in was too long and I didn't know it. I just did the forgot password thing and found that out ^.^; Other than that, I had no trouble signing up with them.

7. I am really excited about the direction where they are going.

I am not too fond of the actual shape of the body, the mingled rib cage really puts me off. So I hope some of the heads can be sold separately.

Medusa was never my cup of tea, male or female, so I will pass on this one. But looking forward to see what other creatures they have in store for us.

8. Oooh! I love the snakes. So much. I'm excited to see more from this new company!

9. Any idea when he's due for release? He's gorgeous and I want him. I'm also hoping that they'll release a female medusa - if they do I'm in trouble.

Anyway, I signed up last night with no problems whatsoever. I made sure that my password was under 8 after a little SOOM fiasco lol.

10. Haha I feel the exact same way.

11. Honestly, I like the whole doll, and am hoping it won't require a 8 month wait to get him.

12. Hmm i immediatly thought "Soom" when i saw it aswell. I'm glad alot of new companies are trying out Soom's unique doll ideas. This is one of the rare few that actually looks darn well impressive!

13. I love this and I will definitely try to get one, but I'm wondering why they don't have forked tongues sticking out?

14. My god! I'm not too fond of the body (I don't know why but the overly muscular bodies I can't get behind) but that face! My GOD! I would KILL to have the head and the snakes... look, I'm already putting myself in the poor house getting the Soom doll parts and some of the face and now we have AngelHeim.
      Goodbye money!

15. I'm very excited about them too! I can't wait to see more! *__*
      I just love these fantasy like/mythological themed dolls. ><:aheartbea

And at the same time, I don't think that just because another company wants to create heavily fantasy like dolls with fantasy parts too they're instantly "soomish".
      I mean, just because Soom was the first to produce such awesome themed dolls doesn't mean that from now on no one can start a line like this without being called Soom inspired.^^; Maybe they just loove fantasy very much too and want to create such dolls? XD <3 I would SO understand that. heheh :lol:

16. LOL! I'm glad! When you see the amount of breakage that can happen with a perfectly solid-looking Soom doll, I can only imagine the 'broken tongues' issue haunting AngelHeim's first doll release, if they'd gone in that direction. ;)

.hlp

17. I too think it's rather annoying that every single fantasy doll that is released is instantly compared to SOOM. Yes, SOOM do have a large fanbase who drool over the MDs but they are not the only company who have those sorts of dolls. Can't a company make gorgeous, unique dolls without everyone thinking they are trying to 'out do' someone.

I'll admit that when I first looked at him quickly the thought 'Ooo Heliot like' popped into my head. However, that thought soon vanished within a matter of seconds.

Anyway, I for one am glad that there are more fantasy dolls and the more I look at Zion, the more I really want him. I've also accociated Medusa as being female, so a male version is something really new and fantastic (IMO).

18. gives me an idea to make my own doll....I've sculpted a Medusa before...lots
      of food for thought here with that pic

19. Oohh.... if those snakes are removable (magnetic?!?) i'm hooked! ...and if they start making MSD fantasy dolls, i'm DOOMED!!! :sweat

20. I think someone asked if the snakes are magnetic and the answer was yes :)