1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Baby discussion part 1

Oct 19, 2007

1. I'm such a sucker for free gifts. I would LOVE if more people sent extra special gifts along with their dolls -- I think only a few US retailers do this right now ^w^

I actually am more willing to buy from people who sell dolls with free gifts ^_^;;;; If a retailer has the doll company I want to buy from but without free gifts, I'll look for a different company who sells the same dolls and does give free gifts >w<

2. then, what kind of gifts should be~actullly~it seeem sto me most gifts sent are just some petty things~T___T~ not quite useful~

3. It's true, most gifts sent by most companies aren't really particularly useful. Things like candies/crackers are common, maybe even little cell phone charms. However, the types of gifts I like are items for the dolls. Free underwear or socks would be things I'd definitely like with a new doll, so atleast the poor dollie won't be completely naked once they get home. Naked dolls always look like they're cold to me, which is why I usually end up trying to sew them up something to wear, even if it is just a large t-shirt.

4. I love socks. Both for me and the dolls XD
      I have gotten two pairs of socks for me as free gifts, other than a doll carrier, that was probably my favorite free gift!

Personally, while any kind of gift is appreciated, I don't really need them. I have never bought from a company solely on the promise of a free gift before and I'm not likely to do it any time soon...Pretty dolls are gift enough^^

Though my eye collection has really started to dwindle down since Dollmore stopped sending me eyes every time I ordered XD I wish they'd start doing that again!!

5. I was looking into these little guys just now. I'm completely in love with Ice and Snow, considering getting one and the other head as one doll, sort of like the sleeping face of the Littlefees. But my one worry from the last guy I bought was his posing wasn't great. Does anyone have some example pictures, and experience on how these little guys stand, and pose otherwise? If so I might just get these little guys' heads and another little body. ^ ^ Any help is appreciated.

6. So, apparently there are some Kimi's still left and ever since he was released I've been silently stalking, but resisting. Now I'm highly tempted just to go for it >.<; I've read all of this thread ;) and was wondering if anyone had anymore opinions to share on the little guys. :)

7. I love mine. My roommate liked him so much she bought Ice and Snow. I would get the double-jointed body if you can...I don't have the single but I think the double poses pretty well. I love the thigh joint. I've never owned a doll where that thigh joint did anything other than look stupid, but the AS joint actually works, and well! they're really heavy and solid and the grey is amazing looking in person. It's a close match to Soom bygg, but bygg is a little yellower. I have bygg hands for mine but he doesn't wear them any more than his own hands. If you want to buy extra hands for him, you can request them in grey (I have every pair lol, I'm a hand freak).

I don't have any new photos of mine, but I don't have any new photos of anyone^^; I really should. There's not enough hours in the day...I do have this craptacular pic of him with what used to be all my tinies, before I got three more (how do they multiply so damn fast?!).
      [​IMG]

I found they fit really well in Dollheart, Rosenlied, Dollmore, pretty much anything that fits my LTFs (he's a little bigger, but it's doable) and....Ken lol I have some vintage Ken pants that fit him perfectly, but my tinies don't usually go for the modern look.

8. :D He looks so good next to the LTF! Which is awesome, since he's going to be a companion for my own LTF. Darn it... I am so torn. Usually I don't get a doll unless I an 100% sure. But in this case, I'm on the fence but I'm afraid of missing him and loosing my chance forever. :(

Thank you for the image, it helps a lot! It's so hard to find images of Angell Studio tinies round here.

I know how you feel. I already have two 25cm dolls and I figured that was enough. Silly me. :sweat

OH.. and are they French Resin? I've had no experience with it before and it makes me a tad nervous..Does it make a difference when next to your LTF/Soom dolls in real life?

9. The grey is not FR, I think it only is if the color specifies - transparent milk is FR, my roomate has one of hers in that color and it's gorgeous! My Soom Afi (just completed this week, so he's not in any of my photos yet) is also a bunny (I have a theme) and he wears the transparent milk ears lightly blushed so that they're partially tan, and really, they're beautiful. But no, grey is not french XD

I think they look good with LTFs too, mostly because they also have big heads and large features lol

10. Awesome! Thank you for the info! I was worried the thread was dead and no one would answer. :( :aheartbea

11. It is pretty dead, but I'm still subscribed! *clings*
      You're welcome!

12. One of my friend got interested in these tinies, she really likes Kimi, but would like a tan tiny.

VampireAngel, singe you've got a Kimi (if I read the thread right) and your friend has a Snow, are they the same mold? When looking at the blank photos, they look very, very similar...

13. I don't remember which is ice or snow lol but to me they look to be the same mold as Kimo/Kimi. I did the faceups on all four, but hers came months after mine, so they weren't blank at the same time or I'd say for sure they're the same. I think the only diff is that Kimi/kimo were both boys and only offered in grey (and with different clothing options, not that you have to get them). Of Ice and Snow, one was a boy and one a girl (again, I don't remember which and she ordered them thinking they were both girls XD)

14. I really don't think I can resist Kimo much longer. Responsibility tells me 'no' but the 'Limited' tag tells me 'YES NOW!'

Do you know if AS's resin is pretty consistent? I want to get extra hands but I don't know if I can get them later.

15. I finally took some decent photos of my Kimo, North.

He's hanging out on a bridge, lookin for trolls.
      [​IMG]

16. He's so amazing. I love his faceup.

I can't wait till mine arrives! :D

Considering you have like the only owner pictures of Kimi/Kimo I blame North for everything ;)

17. Thank you :D
      I'm excited you're getting one, it seems like a lot of people ordered the same time I did, but there aren't any owner photos, are there...?

and I blame North for everything too! lol the sad thing is he has the Kimi head as well, but I never use it...because I'm too lazy to change eyes. I need to get him a second pair, then I won't have that problem. In theory.

18. VampireAngel13 - North is so cool! I love his outfit! :D

My Kimi, Maltheus finally got a faceup (and his proper wig yay!) XD~ Kiddo really needs a proper photoshoot (and I should blush his ears sometime too)

[​IMG]

19. Thank you Bandersnatch! <3
      Maltheus looks awesome even without blushed ears! You did a great job on his face. And that background is fantastic.

More North spams! Leftovers from Halloween...
      [​IMG]

Why do my photos look so over-saturated D: They weren't like that when I uploaded them...

20. Here's a picture of my little dude. I want to get him his correct wig/eyes/face-up but I don't have time during my Finals. :(

But here he is not anywhere close to what he should be

[​IMG]