1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Baby discussion part 1

Oct 19, 2007

1. Capricorn - Starry body (31cm)

[​IMG]

2. Came late to the BJD game, but I really, really want Baby Huaxi 2.0 and Baby Yandi 2.0. Any chance someone here owns them and can post owner pics?

3. fionvarre: Here is my Baby Huaxi 2.0 - he is on the 1/6 baby body. There's a better face shot on my Flickr.

[​IMG]Smiling Kiwi and AS Huaxi 2.0 by Stellar Phenomena, on Flickr

#463 stellarphenomena, Jan 28, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    4. Oh, he's a darling! Though I do wonder if the head would scale with the starry body better.

5. fionvarre: Probably would look great on the starry body. I just have quite a collection of 26cm so I got him like this. I haven't gone for the bigger size yet.

6. I was wondering why the starry body has a single jointed torso, since that sacrifices some mobility and posing possibilities. But I guess that doesn't matter as much with small dolls vs bigger ones?

7. fionvarre: On a doll this small for me it's not an issue (I don't do a lot of posing), but some would prefer more articulation. I don't know why AS made the body like this. I wouldn't mind having the starry body, I love the 12 Constellation Series, just not the price! I've bought all my AS dolls nude, as the full sets are pricey.

-With RongRong (she is normal pink; he is butter)
      [​IMG]

8. Butter is such a lovely skin tone. All the dolls I've ordered so far have been big boys, but I really must get me some tinies since they're easier to carry around.

And yeah fullsets are expensive, especially on the English sites! Sadly there's this double standard going where dolls are always way more expensive in the English site vs. the Chinese site or Taobao store.

My local AS dealer's prices are pretty competitive though, so I'll probably be coursing any future orders through her instead of through the website.

9. fionvarre:
      I started off buying SD (I have 7) but I prefer the tinies. Love the AS butter! Honestly, I love all the AS tones. I have pink and white and they are all nice.

Check out this thread though - there's some good deals! I believe the "Leon" and "Scorpio" is actually the 31cm Starry body??

1/6 BABY : Fabric Friends Doll Shop - Ball Jointed Dolls, Plush Gifts and Collectibles in Maryland

#469 stellarphenomena, Jan 28, 2019
    10. Leon is so cute! I can totally imagine shelling him as the Little Prince. But sadly between the two big boy fullsets I put on layaway I doubt I can afford him.

I looked through AS's other babies though, and I think FuBao and Ice would be good stand-ins for Yandi and Huaxi with the proper faceups.

11. fionvarre: Ice reminds me of Cheney - Bella - Nero...maybe it's the nose and mouth. FuBao is really cute. I kind of favor the half-closed eyes with the Baby AS dolls. Really love Scorpio SP for example!

12. Re: Ice and Cheney/Bella/Nero, it's definitely their cute little button noses. Baby Huaxi's nose is a bit sharper and has a more defined nose bridge. But other than that I think Ice can cosplay as Huaxi pretty well.

Half closed eyes are chameleons. They're sweet on the baby dolls and sultry on the SD ones lol.

#472 fionvarre, Jan 28, 2019
    13. Happy Superbowl

[​IMG]

14. My little ones prefer the puppy bowl!

15. Ha! Of course. But my doll here is part of a Team Fluff it seems (sheep/Rams)!
      (She's had this outfit for awhile)

16. She's a very cute ram!

17. :blush Thanks, I don't usually go for this much frilly look but it was on sale when MOC closed down.

18. Such a cutie! The frills suit her though.