1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio: Baron Samedi the God of Zombie

Sep 30, 2011

1. I figured it was either a 'shop or a really ugly mod (IMO - mostly for the reason that meili-melee states, I'd like it better if he had a lower jaw). It wouldn't surprise me though, if they did make a skull part from scratch. As a company I've noticed that AS is very flexible and they offer services that many other companies do not (e.g. OOAK faceups on other company dolls, sanding mods, custom-color dolls...)

2. I'm not sure what it's going to be - some sort of mask? Because it would be odd if it's an actual full head and the cost is only $20 (with a total of 10 orders). That sounds a little too good to be true.

3. He looks like he'll be a really lovely doll, especially in the Sun-tanned resin but would have to agree ~ definitely no Baron Samedi!
      However, I had to giggle when I was this post on the Angell-Studio's Deviant Art account ie.~ ​he does not eat vegetables~^^~:-
      http://angell-studio.deviantart.com/#/d4bc37i

4. So has anyone purchased him?

5. Not here...my next AS purchase is likely to be a Male Senior Charm body in custom resin to match my IOS Chaos head if it's a good fit with Rowan's (my Rone) body.
      However, I'd love to see pics if anyone does buy him. His head sculpt from the blank pics looks like it could be really lovely.

6. Augh. They released the skull head version and the sculpting really looks gorgeous. But like the promo 'shop, no lower jaw. :( Had he only had a lower jaw, he'd have been perfect to me. I guess it's good that he doesn't, or I'd have caved so hard.

7. He's got some pretty horsey looking teeth there...

8. If anyone buys the skull head, I'd love to know whether it really is as grey as it seems in the online photos. Seems like you'd have to buy a grey Resinsoul body or something to match it...

9. So there's a whole other head available now? Or just a mask?

10. The skull version is an entirely different head.

If I can escape my current layaway-landslide long enough, I'm hoping to order the skull version some time within the next couple of months. I haven't seen too many of this guy running around yet, though.

11. My Baron Samedi came home today. <3

[​IMG]

He's absolutely beautiful. His resin is smooth and even, looks and poses like a dream, and the hand-blushing I ordered extra is just perfect. ^__^

My biggest issue with him is his eye sockets. x_x I've never had so much trouble getting a doll's eyes installed before. He's definitely a doll who lends himself better to very shallow domed eyes than to high domes.

12. He looks great. What eyes did you put in him? And maybe you could bevel them some?

13. He's just wearing simple glass eyes, which I didn't think had a particularly high dome before. I can't bevel his eye sockets because the resin is too thin to do so. :/

14. I've found the same issue with the skull version of the head. The resin is very thin around the edges of the eyes and they really don't allow for much in the way of a dome. I ended up picking up some sillicone eyes for him in order to facilitate a better fit.

Your fellow looks quite handsome, though, tygati! I love that resin tone.

15. WAIT wait wait wait wait. The skull head is available now? WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS?! I must see it, it's been too long since I last saw it, I can't remember if it will work for my character or not....

EDIT: So OF COURSE he's sold out..... But I have to agree with everyone on this one, if he had a lower jaw I'd be SOLD. -sigh- oh well.

16. Yeah, I still regret the lower jaw issue a bit, but in the end it wasn't enough to keep me away. XD

I had hoped to get out from under layaways enough to order the full doll (with outfit and everything) and an extra skull head, so I could see about maybe doing a little light modwork on the second head. The way it's sculpted, it looks like it could be possible to give him a bit of a lower jaw to work with.

Unfortunately, he sold out before I could do any of that, so I was grateful enough to snag a blank head from a kind DoA member. Since he's all I've got, I'll just learn to live with the jaw.

17. Mmmmm.... he looks good in tan. :3 Shame they didn't make the skull head in tan....

18. [​IMG]

Faceupped, though eyelash-less at the moment. Fortunately he doesn't really seem to notice the lack of them. ^__^ He is such a gorgeous boy. <3

19. Ooh, tygati, he looks even more handsome now! I absolutely love the colours, they really compliment his skin tone.

20. He looks so good.