1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell Studio Feedback (ALL)

Mar 5, 2010

1. * What did you order?

Two outfits, three wigs, 2 pairs of eyes

* When did you order?
      14 November 2012

* How was the communication?
      Quite good - confirmation arrived quickly, and when one item (listed in stock on the site) needed to be back-ordered I was informed of the reason for the delay.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Fairly easy - the payment button on the site doesn't work, so a confirmation number is needed first, but it's simple since they take paypal.

* How long did it take to ship?

a couple of weeks

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?

Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      n/a

* Would you order from this company again?
      Certainly!

2. * What did you order?
      Three wigs in 6-7 size, un saddle-type stand for 1/4.

* When did you order?
      August 3rd.

The communication was simple, and they were really kind. But then I had an issue with the package taking more than a month to arrive, I wrote to them asking if they could track the package in the chinese site, but they never answered.

It was pretty easy. You have to wait until they email an invoice, and then manually make the payment through Paypal. What I really did not like, is that they charged me their Paypal fees, without saying a word before the payment. This is against Paypal TOS.

They took 10 days to ship something that was in stock, and they did not gave me the tracking number until I asked again if my package was going to be shipped soon.

It was perfect, and amazing. The quality of the wigs is amazing, not shiny at all, soft and silky. Perrrfect.

They look better because AS tends to take pics using flash, and the wigs looks shiny. They also sent the wigs and stand really nicely packaged, with lots of bubble wraps and plastic bags.

Yes!!! A lot!

N/A

I really like the quality of the wigs and stand, but I don't know. They did not answered when I had a problem, and then when I was reading the address on the box, I found out that they did not wrote my postal code... that was a huge mistake that could have been expensive. But anyways, the items are perfect and more than I was expecting.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Probably, if they are in decent state.

3. DISSATISFIED

* What did you order?

I placed an order for a fullset Youth-sized 1/3 doll directly with Angell-Studio.
      The doll I ordered is off-topic however it is important for me to comment on my order based on all the issues I had and to remark on their customer service.
      (I did check with DoA mods to make sure I could post a review)

EDIT: The doll is question is NOW on-topic :) I ordered Ice Queen Hilda.

Initially, all was well, I was sent pictures to approve the face-up which was beautiful and I happily approved.
      However my doll arrived blank without a face-up. I immediately sent an email to AS altering them to the problem.
      I was told there had been a mistake and they had me accidentally approve someone else' face-up.

Great. On to the next problem.

As I said, I purchased a fullset doll. The fullset included a lovely pair of heeled resin shoes which I absolutely fell in love with.
      However, when I switched out my doll's legs to her extra feet, the shoes did NOT fit.
      No matter how hard I tried, I could not get the right shoe on her foot.
      I documented this to AS with two videos. They responded to me quickly, which I appreciated.
      They said that they had investigated and to my surprise it turned out that it was not my shoes that were the problem....
      After verifying it for themselves, they told me that the actual mold for the right shoe was slightly smaller than the left.

UH, what? Your mold is defective? You didn't think to check this when you took your promotional pictures?
      So EVERYONE who ordered this doll is going to have this problem???

They told me over and over again "it takes some skill to put on, keep forcing it"

By this point I had made so many attempts that I lost count. I had the beginnings of a blister forming on one of my palms. This was getting ridiculous.
      I could hear the resin heel being pushed to its limit each time I tried. I was either going to break the shoe or some toes were going to start popping off.
      I took videos documenting this, you could hear it in the video. Finally they told me they would send me a new pair of shoes and that Lemon would "hand pick the loose one" to send to me and that it would take about a week.

Fine. Good.

Fast forward almost a month later and nothing. I don't have the shoes or even a tracking number.
      So I sent off an email asking for an update and I received this reply:

"Dear Alexia,
      SH31035 this shoes still can't be finished, how about we make a refund for you and send the package to you today ?
      waiting for your reply ~"

Now I'm very confused. I did not order SH31035!!
      Refund me what? The shoes I'm referring to only came with the fullset doll, what price are you going to value them at??
      After my very confused reply, I received the following:

"sorry, I got the wrong person >_<"

.................... Wrong person? Wow.
      That's twice that they've mistaken me for someone else. How hard is it to keep track of your customers?

I deeply regret ever placing an order with them.
      I waited a long while before posting this. I wanted time to calm down and allow them the time to remedy the situation.
      I'm not one to leave bitter feedback, I just want the problem resolved.

I don't see how I could have done anything differently. This wasn't a problem with me being picky about resin imperfections or about something damaged during shipment, they admitted their mold was faulty. This was 100% their error.

I give up.

~

* When did you order?
      January 2014

My emails were replied to promptly.

It was easy, however I don't agree with having to pay their paypal fees, which was an additional $80 which could have been avoided had I placed my order through one of their dealers.

Roughly two months.

No, the doll was wearing the shoes in the promotional pictures, mine can't.

No.

They didn't/haven't yet.

No.

Edit May 19th: the replacement shoes finally arrived, and I'm able to put them on.

#63 Arekushia, Apr 24, 2014
      Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    4. COMPANY NAME Angell-Studo

* What did you order? LE Baby Kimi + clothes
      * When did you order? April 9th, 2014
      * How was the communication? Really good! AS replied to messages within hours.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, they sent me an invoice and I paid through Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped out June 13th though I had to ask them when he was being shipped out and I think that prompted them to send him?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, he's beautifully made~
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Pretty much, yeah!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much with the product itself. Though I'm not overly satisfied with their organization, I guess? They actually sent me a shipping notice mid-May and when I realized that the tracking number they sent me wasn't really... working (Canada Post was not receiving any arrival notice and EMS said he was in New York??), I asked them why. It turns out they mixed me up with another customer (another DoA member who happened to also purchase Kimi the day before me) and sent me their tracking information instead and that they'd tell me when mine was ready. I assumed that meant that mine was going to be shipped fairly soon, maybe in a couple of weeks because mine had a face-up while the other customer's did not.

After a couple of weeks, I still hadn't heard anything, but it was technically still in the 45-60 day waiting period so I waited until a couple of weeks into June to ask again. By this point I was a little worried because my account says that he's already been shipped out because of the mix up earlier and there was no way of knowing if AS had put a flag on my account explaining what happened or if the warehouse would just look at it and assume that the order was already finished?

Anyway, they told me they were sorry again and that they'd ship him out that day and I'd get the tracking info "later". It was a Thursday so I waited over the weekend to get my tracking information since I know sometimes it takes 2-3 days for it to register. I didn't hear anything from AS at all and once a week had passed, I was about ready to email them yet again asking for my tracking and to make sure they actually shipped him out, but luckily I didn't because I found a package delivery notice in my mail. :) So I picked him up today and all is well. Though I was a bit worried through a part of the experience that I shouldn't have had to deal with if they were a little more organized I suppose, especially when dealing with $400+ purchases.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Despite the issue I wrote above, the customer service was actually really nice! The rep was very sweet and very quick to answer my other messages so I have no doubt they'd look into anything I had an issue with if I had sent that last email. And looking at the tracking once I received my delivery notice, it did say that they did ship him out on the 13th.
      * Would you order from this company again? I'm not 100% sure, since my girlfriend also had shipping/waiting issues with one of her orders through them as well so this doesn't seem like an isolated incident. It's a bit too much grief to deal with, with large purchases for my taste. But I also think that they are trustworthy, so I might order from them again with smaller purchases. Their products are lovely and well made, so it'd be a shame to not have more of their stuff. Maybe I'd purchase through a dealer if at all possible.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Most definitely. :)

5. COMPANY NAME : Angell studio
      * What did you order? LE Youth Zhen
      * When did you order? I forget may something?
      * How was the communication? great they were polite , answered all my questions and kept me updated on my dolls statues, they were really attentive to my experience with there company
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy I did it through layaway and the payment was whatever I could pay as long as I paid it off within the time limit
      * How long did it take to ship? not long after I finished paying it off they already had it finished and it shipped and got to me within a few days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes it's great quality and poses nicely looks great
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? I got it blank but I find that it looks very similar to the company photo
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes I love the doll
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? no problems
      * Would you order from this company again? yes I was satisfied with the whole experience
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes! they have very beautiful sculps

[​IMG]

6. ANGELL STUDIO

* What did you order?
      STARRY BABY 1/6 AYALIZ FULL SET

* When did you order?
      March 2014

Very good and fast. Sometimes the english is not so good, but completely understandable. They reply quickly as well.

Easy. No hassle at all.

From the moment I ordered and they customized the doll, took 2 weeks. But shipping using regular so I receive it a bit longer.

Yes. A bit expensive for babies, but, good quality in clothes and all. However I have slight problems and quite disappointed at it. See more below.

No. They sent me different colored eyes from each other , left is blue-r, right is pink-er. Other than that I think pretty much same.

Doll itself, yes. Have a little problem. Clothing is very tidy, although very fragile. The jacket coat is easily plucked. And I accidentally make hole with her pointy fingers on the jacket. And the magnet that is used for the wings actually made the jacket slightly holed too. The wings , the magnet rejects each other! And they rejects the magnet inside the body (how annoying is that.) And the magnet of the horn fell off before I can do anything about it. Easily fixed with glue though. But still... (why!)

They replied me quickly , apologized and they said they will send me a new pair of wings and eyes and a bonus. Really nice! I havent receive it though.

Yes, I really like the models they have.

No, rather buy new.

[​IMG]

7. * What did you order?
      LE Kimi (on female body) + extra hands

* When did you order?
      April 8, 2014

Good. Took only a couple of days to reply, & their English was fine.

Easy. Paypal invoice.

Just over a month (shipped May 13, arrived May 19)

Yes.

Sort of. I didn't order the full-set or a face-up, Kimi didn't come with eyes, and I ordered a girl.

Sort of. When Kimi arrived, it was a boy instead of a girl! Contacted the company, and they said they didn't noticed I'd ordered a girl. Also worth mentioning: Angell issued my tracking number to both me and someone else who'd also ordered a Kimi a day or two after me.
      As for the doll itself, it's made from a non-french, grey resin, which I think has a very nice feel and weight. The body is molded is very cute too! Not crazy about the palm-hands (which I requested instead of Kimi's standard "L" hands), but the extra "peace" hands are very nice. Joints bend nicely too. Overall a very nice doll!

Because of the incorrect body, they offered me a 15% discount on the next order, which seems fair to me (though I rarely order from the same doll company more than once). Besides, Kimi's a yosd, so modding won't be too bad.

Yes

Maybe

8. * What did you order?
      Charm size Quingyi LE
      2 resin swords
      * When did you order?
      2014-2015
      Their customer service rep was very easy to talk to, very prompt and very pleasant.
      Easy to pay-However, and I do not know the rules in China, but I assumed what I would pay would be the cost of the doll plus shipping. When I received my invoice however, it was higher than expected. When I questioned the higher cost I was told it was the paypal fees. Now I thought that charging buyers for the paypal fees was against the terms of service, and I have never had a company charge me for the fees. I was quite taken aback, and offered no reason for the fees beyond that. Between this "surprise" and the shipping cost, I really should not have gone through with the order, but sadly did as I really wanted the doll.
      2 months-and here I had a problem. I have ordered from many doll companies over many years in this hobby. When I ordered from Angell Studio, I was quoted over $100 to ship one doll via EMS. When I asked about their cheaper option, the price I was quoted was even higher. I have never, even ordering two much heavier dolls in one box had to paid this much in ship costs. When I asked about it, I was only told that they had a deal with a shipping company and without said deal shipping costs would be 40% higher. I find this incredibly hard to beleive.
      The doll and swords were both decent quality resin, though the swords are somewhat fragile.
      Here I have a problem as well. All of the promo Quingyi pictures are show with his face slightly at an angle, and other pictures are shown of the head only. What you don't see is head on shot of the doll on the body. Had I seen this I would NOT have bought him, as the head is slightly too big for the body, and the head itself looks different than the one in the promo pictures.
      The body was nice, and well finished, the resin was fine. The swords are very brittle resin and one arrived both broken and chipped on the paint. I am not satisfied that the head looked very different than my expectations.
      When I contacted the company regarding the broken sword, they told me at first to glue it back together. Okay, but no. I asked that they send a replacement sword and they said they would set one aside for me to send with my next order. Okay, but again, no. What if I never order from them again? I asked if they could just send the sword, and they instead said they'd just send me a refund. Well, I wanted the sword, but fine. So the refund comes through, but is five dollars less than the price of the item and fees are taken out since it wasn;t sent as a refund. Again, I complained, and they assured me it was a mistake and they will send the rest. I finally got the entire refund, minus the fees that paypal took out, which is ironic since I was forced to pay their fees for them. I was given a 10% off coupon for the "next time I order" for my trouble.
      Maybe, but not without serious consideration. Between the problems with the sword, to the high shipping, paying their paypal fees, and the doll not looking as expected, I think I would likely avoid ordering from them unless they had something I could not purchase elsewhere.
      * Would you buy this company's products secondhand?
      Maybe.

Overall, I felt somewhat dissatisfied with my order.

9. * What did you order?
      1 outfit,1 pair of shoes, a wig, eyes, a parcel, and eye putty
      * When did you order?
      December 4
      Very Good Lemon always got back to me within 12 hour
      very easy
      2 Months, my package was ready to ship on January 7 but airmail did not pick it up til January 23.
      Yes!!!!!! Everything look beautiful and is very well made!!!!!
      Better in person!
      Very!
      N?A
      Yes!
      If the product was in good condition.

10. Angell-Studio
      * What did you order?
      1/6 Starry Body in solid butter resin
      * When did you order?
      December 2014
      I received an order notice, a ship notice, and when I had to contact them after my order was delivered, they replied pretty quickly even though it was during the Spring Festival.
      Easy. Paypal.
      About 1 month, but it took a whole month to deliver.
      Quality is fantastic. I was really pleased with the quality of work.
      Yes.
      Unfortunately, no. I mentioned this in a product review, but I bought the body to fit my Angell-Studio 1/6 Baby Gus head in solid butter, but the proportions were pretty bad and the color was very very off. I was surprised because the head I had couldn't have yellowed that much. My solid butter body is a better match to DollLove Pink. I was also surprised that A-S hadn't mentioned that not all of their 1/6 heads would fit the 1/6 body.
      Lemon gave me excellent customer service when I first spoke to her. I understand that sometimes resin colors vary from batch to batch so I didn't make a complaint about that, just that the head didn't seem to fit well. She agreed with me and offered that I choose a few heads that I liked and their photographer would check the proportions for me. I asked about the limited Minotaur head (knowing it was sold out, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask anyway) and I was told that they would not be releasing that sculpt. I chose the Nero and Kimo heads instead and received fantastic photos of the Nero head on the Starry body and was told that Kimo was also a great fit. This is where my biggest issue comes in. After all the great service, I decided to purchase the Nero head in solid butter, but it wasn't available on the website. Neither was Kimo. I sent another email over a week ago and still have not gotten a response. I thought that instead of pestering, I would ask Mint on Card, Inc. if they would lend me a hand since they're the US dealer for A-S. They told me that Nero was a limited release doll and MoC had never been able to offer orders on that sculpt and that Kimo was limited also, was also sold out, and also had only ever come in grey resin. So this tells me a few things about Angell-Studio. They haven't tested out which heads will fit on which bodies. I just assumed that if some heads wouldn't fit well, they would have mentioned that somewhere, but that's not a mistake I'll make twice. They have great customer service until they're not sure how to help you with your problem. And, it seems, they don't really know what they have to offer their customers. I'm just a bit frustrated that they went as far as to show me great photos of a head that would fit the body perfectly, only to find out that neither of the two heads I wanted was ever going to be available. Seems that if they knew Minotaur was a limited release and told me it wasn't an option right off the bat, then they should have also known the other two weren't an option for me either.
      No, probably not and as a matter of fact, I'll probably be selling my Baby Gus head because I'm pretty sure I'll never make a resin match. As far as the Starry body goes, it's great quality and makes a passable match to Doll-Love, so I'm going to make a hybrid instead of getting more frustrated or settling on a head that I'm not particularly fond of. If you order through A-S, ask specific questions (Lemon is incredibly friendly and helpful!) and I suggest ordering all of your parts at the same time to make sure the resin matches.
      Yes, I would. Their work is really great quality. I just probably wouldn't order new unless it was an instock item that I could view before I purchased.

11. COMPANY NAME

* What did you order?
      Two capes for SD17 dolls.

* When did you order?
      On March 20

I used a dealer (bhiner) so it was fine.

Really easy.

They never sent what I paid for. I paid on march 20, and they told me my order will be ready in 30 days. I accepted, they started to make more delays about my order, and on June 09 when my patience was gone, I made a claim and bhiner refunded all the money.

I dont know, since they never sent my order.

I dont know.

Not even satisfied.

They just refunded everything.

Never again. I think is disrespectfull to make a deal with a serious person to wait 30 days, and then not keeping the promise and making me wait 3 months for just a pair of capes, and never send them. This shop is totally unserious and Im really dissapointed of this experiencie. I dont recomend to order from this shop, ever. The clothes are really expensive and they make you wait for them like when you order a doll.

I'm willing to, since they never send what I paid for. I don't want to wait an eternity for something that I will never have.

Full conversation with bhiner about my angel studio order (please check the dates):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. * What did you order?
      Elizabeth full set

* When did you order?
      2nd February 2015

Excellent. Received replies back to my emails quickly despite the time difference.

Easy

About 4 months

The quality was really good and I definitely got what I paid for.

The same.

Very satisfied

Definitely. I've already ordered outfits which have arrived.

Yes

13. * What did you order?
      Victoria outfit with crown and wig, purple eyes, Cinderella outfit, white shoes and a pair of pink socks

* When did you order?
      24th April 2015 (Layaway)

Excellent.

Very easy

9 weeks

Quality was excellent. I got what I paid for.

Looked the same

Very satisfied

Definitely.

Yes

14. * What did you order?
      limited chiyu fullset

* When did you order?
      November 3rd 2014 (Layaway)

Excellent.

Very easy

from the time i finished all payments the shipping was very quick! :D

Quality was excellent. I got what I paid for.

beautiful! more then i could ever want :D

Very satisfied!

on the off chance you arent satisfied give them a message! they love helping people! :)

Definitely i love angell studios dolls :D

Yes on the off chance i cant find it or missed the limited time for any doll of theirs! :D

10/10~ :D

15. What skin colour is she?
      She is adorbable, by the way.

16. She is translucent milk, which is a really pretty color.

17. * What did you order?
      Michael-Night fullset, 2 swords, one extra wig, and 3 dresses/outfits.
      * When did you order?
      Jan 1
      Really good. I made 3 separate orders. The fullset first, then 2 outfits in Feb, then the 3rd in late Feb. When I didn't receive any shipping notice for the outfits in over a month I asked them when it would be sent. They replied back within an hour then in the next couple days I received some photos of the doll I ordered first with a notice that they would ship my package soon. Then another two weeks went by and I email them again asking when it would be sent and if I'd get a tracking number. Again they replied quickly and sent me a tracking number. I then found that they had indeed shipped the package just after sending me the photos and that my doll was already at the post office. I wish they would have given me tracking info right away, but my package got here quickly and everything from all 3 orders were in one big box.
      Really easy. I just waited for an email after placing my order, and payed using my paypal account.
      First order placed on Jan 1 and I received my order on Mar 21.

Yes!! The outfits especially are absolutely amazing!!

Yes!

Yes.

Yep! They have so many wonderful outfits and dolls that I'll likely end up ordering from them again.
      I already have. I bought second-hand Angell studio doll on the marketplace.

18. Angell-studio

* What did you order?
      Dina fullset in solid butter, outfit, wig, shoes, eyes, faceup, and body-blushing

* Whendid you order?
      February 26, 2018

I received order confirmation within 24 hours. I sent an email asking to add a faceup and body blushing to the order after paying for the doll and accessories. They emailed me back within 48 hours and were very polite. They sent photos of the faceup before shipment to ensure I was satisfied.

Very easy. They sent an order receipt with their PayPal information quickly.

I received a shipment notification on April 12th, so about 6 weeks.

Absolutely! The quality of the sculpt and clothing, the faceup and blushing, everything is PHENOMENAL.

Exactly like what I expected.

Very!

N/A

Absolutely!

Yes!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#78 LittleRukia, Apr 20, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    19. * What did you order?
      74cm muscle body in custom tan color
      * When did you order?
      11/06/2019
      Communication was spotty.
      I was able to get in contact with them immediately after my order to arrange for the shipment of the color sample to be matched, but after mailing on 11/07, I did not receive another reply from them until 12/9. The package I had mailed had gotten stopped in customs, but their previous English rep had left without handing the work off to the new rep. The new rep kept in regular contact with me until they received the package on 12/24.
      After informing me they'd received the package on 12/24, there was no communication again until 3/16. I had emailed them multiple times in between for a status update, since I understood that things had been delayed to the Lunar New Years and COVID-19. I ended up messaging their Chinese rep on 3/15, asking them to communicate to their English rep to ask them to reply to me. On 3/16, they informed me my order was almost ready to ship.
      I did not receive notification when the order shipped, but I did eventually receive the order on 3/30.
      Payment was made through Paypal and was straightforward on their English website.
      From the time of order on 11/06 to the receipt of the package on 3/30, it took almost 5 months.
      Yes.
      Yes.
      Yes.
      N/A
      I would, but I would look for other options first.
      Yes.