1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. Do your paint stores have the little paint chip cards? You could go get one that matches your head nd it to Angell-Studio and ask them what color it is.

2. I sent AS an email with some questions about layaway options and if the discount was good on layaway, but I got an auto reply stating I wouldn't get a response until October. I thought that was odd considering they have promos through the end of the month. Has any one else emailed them and gotten a response? I'm hoping to get both mermaid dolls in full set, but they'd have to be layaway and I'm not sure given the price how long AS would allow. All my AS dolls were ordered through MOC, so I've never dealt directly with AS except for a few random questions over the years. I know Dollmix and some other sites have AS layaway and may extend it, but I'd rather order directly with AS.

3. I think that autoreply was there for LAST October. They just forgot to turn it off! Remember it's now Saturday in China, but they will respond.

4. @nancy_schroeder_ca Thanks. I was kind of thinking that it might be an outdated message as it seemed kind of odd with the promo going on now, but I sent it 8/18 and still no reply. I might send another email, but I don't want to harass them.

5. Can anyone help me with a kana profile pic? Sounds weird but i am particularly interested in the shape of her nose.

6. @candy kitten Forgive the poor quality and lighting, but it's late and I don't have anything set up to take decent pics right now. I'll post with and without a wig. Hopefully I won't get trouble for posting two pics. I know we're only supposed to post one in the discussion threads, but I think the comparison is important for a profile pic.

I actually like her profile quite a lot. Much more than straight on, but I'm not crazy about the mouth on the default face up. My girl is solid pink from early 2016, but I don't think they've changed anything.

[​IMG]kana profile AS wig by Lisa , on Flickr
      https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1874/29458503517_71ec7c8c0c_z.jpg
      Tkana profile wo wig by Lisa , on Flickr

#247 Lisam925, Sep 1, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2018
    7. I wonder if they have changed her nose? i saw a pic on Deviant Art, and it really put me off getting her. But you girl's nose is very different and very pretty compared to the one i saw which looked more beakish!
      Thanks so much for taking the time with photos for me

8. @candy kitten I'm pretty sure they had an older version that was put out long before mine, so maybe you saw the older one. To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed in the past few years. Her nose is kind of narrow if you look at the front of it.

I actually bought mine based on her stock photo that MOC had up since I bought her through them. The default face up AS has now is quite different than the full set stock photo. They have the current face up pictured on their website and the one I have is spot on to that. I'm not crazy about it and much prefer the full set stock face up, but I have to say, the quality is excellent and very true to what they show on the website under face ups. The mouth is much more open with thinner lips than the stock photo and I was most drawn to the innocent, full lips in stock photo. I really prefer the face in the full set stock photo. I can't tell how much of it is face up, or if sculpt was changed from the full set stock photo.

There's also the Kana special version with narrowed eyes. I like that one better and would have gotten it if I'd known I wasn't getting the face up from the full set stock photo. However, I do really like my Kana and have thought about getting blank head and doing my own face up. I just can't seem to bring myself wipe down the AS face up. Her quality is excellent, though, and with the right eyes she's quite lovely. All 3 of my AS dolls have been wonderful and very much as pictured on their website. I can't say that about many other companies I've bought from.

Out of curiosity I did some searches for Kana and found a profile on Flickr from a photo that was taken Nov.'13 and the nose is quite different than mine. It's much more straight. I'm wondering if that's the one you originally saw. Angell Studio Kana

#249 Lisam925, Sep 2, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2018
    9. Thank you so so much for your help! I thought it has to be a a change in her nose, but I wanted to make sure as I definitely didn't want the older version. I have now ordered her in translucent pink, so I am looking forward to getting her home.

10. I'm 99% sure the doll in that Flickr photo is AS Gabriel, not Kana. I think they just labeled incorrectly.

11. @aestellica It's had to tell for sure, I have a hard time reading sculpts sometimes as some can be so close they're nearly twins, but I think it was Kana.

@candy kitten Congrats! :) I'm sure you'll be very happy with her.
      Here's a DOA link showing Kana from 2008 and it is definitely a different nose than mine. The mouth is close, if not the same. Hard to tell, they have teeth on mine. I would have omitted them from my face up, if I'd known. https://denofangels.com/threads/look-closer-angell-studio-kana.242251/

I should have looked here first for pics. Thanks to all who post pics! :) I always intend to post more, but the quality is never very good. It's funny how much they changed the sculpt and didn't rename her somehow. They renamed the one w/ the narrow, sultry/suspicious eyes as Kana sp, you'd think they'd at least label her II, or something. Ah well...a lot has changed over the years, I guess.

#252 Lisam925, Sep 4, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    12. Thank you so much for your help on this guys, i really appreciate it

13. So, did anyone else order one of the mermaids? I ended up ordering the Lesser Snow Mermaid on 8/31 to get the discount. I couldn't swing both of them, but I had a ton of overtime last weekend that I wasn't expecting thanks to a client getting their corporate paperwork in late and I'm really wanting to put it down on layaway for the other one instead of paying this one off. I've been trying to put money away for the year end events that'll be coming up in a couple of months, but I'm itching to order the other one now. Why are these things so addictive?

AS used to offer their limited dolls during a specific time period, but now it seems by the number they've allotted, so you can't tell how long you have. I don't think she'll sell out too fast, but I think I'd kick myself if miss her. I've also been wanting Qing Yin for quite a while. It'd be nice to be able to wait until they do another discount.

14. I was very tempted but decided a SD size mermaid didn't fit in my BJD family.

15. I almost bought greater snow, but then my doll plans changed.

16. One of my big problems in the hobby is my bjd plans are always changing, and yet I don't abandon my old plans. I've ended up segregating a lot dolls into their own families when they didn't fit together quite right in the preexisting family. Unfortunately, I really like several companies and they often don't go well together, but at the heart of it all are my AS dolls as they were my originals. I see these mermaids easily fitting in the same world with my Victoria and Elizabeth fairy queens and I'm excited to get back to it. I've mostly been building up the world with my Fairyland dolls. They somehow started taking over a while back and I hadn't intended that. Mostly because I was drawn to their fantasy and anthropomorphic dolls, like the mermaids.

I got so excited to see AS doing something like this and especially in SD size. I hope they venture out more in this areas like this. I really do think they're one of the most under appreciated companies around.

17. I like my Angell-Studio dolls also. I almost bought when they had the mermaid for $850 but when they added the human parts amd and upped the price I stopped to think. Then something else came up, I don't remember exactly what! And then there was the where would I put her!

18. #259 stellarphenomena, Sep 8, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2018
    19. Is XianLing discontinued? Damn!
      In other hand, I just gave myself a big treat and bought two youth outfits. It was been a long time I shopped from them.