1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell-Studio Youth (58-61cm) and Charm (62-71cm) Discussion Vol. 3

Apr 14, 2017

1. Do you mean XiangLing? She's still available!

2. Thanks for the heads up! I was searching in youth fullsets, and she is: AS Limited Doll > Collaboration in IP

3. She is so beautiful!!! I really want to get myself a custom coloured doll too thank you for sharing with us!

4. You are so welcome! After getting her I want about a million other dolls in that colour!

5. @Singer Yuna Which outfits did you end up getting? That new 1/3 military outfit has my heart, but all of their outfits are really so beautiful.

6. Balik is so awesome, nice work on that color!

@nekonyan The outfits were ancient chinese outfit and starry sky and at the time the military outfit was out of stock but now there is one left.
      [​IMG]
      https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1975/31041579228_ed7eb2845c_o_d.jpg

#266 Singer Yuna, Sep 25, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2018
    7. Oooh, I would love to see that ancient Chinese outfit. I've seen the Starry Sky one on a few dolls and it's quite pretty!

Yeah, the military outfit keeps selling out and getting restocked. I would love to buy one, but I just don't have $200 to spend on a doll outfit right now. :sweat Hoping I can find one secondhand at some point down the line.

8. Chang E (62cm) Gorgeous outfit and head dress. This is designed according to the Dunhuang Feitian series.

IMAGE: ©Angell-Studio

[​IMG]

#268 stellarphenomena, Sep 27, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    9. Hello! I disappeared from DoA for the longest time, mostly hanging out on IG, but waiting for my newest order from Angell-Studio got me super excited and back here! Omg, waiting for a new addition to the doll family never gets easier.

My first ever Bjd I've ordered, which introduced me into this creative and expensive hobby, is my AS Kana. I adore her to pieces but I also missed out on my Grail at the time. Right as Kana arrived back in 2012, AS had a limited event introducing Elf Claudia and my heart was stolen (omg those elf ears are my weakness). Of course, as I was new to the hobby, I couldn't afford her; to this day, I regret that I didn't jump at the chance at ordering the limited Claudia.

Seeing the new mermaid tails brought me back to Angell-Studio after all these years. I have ordered Lesser Snow in tan skin and I'm quite nervous about it since I couldn't find a decent amount of user pictures of tan skin anywhere. Even as I was having an email exchange with Angell-Studio they were shocked that I wanted to order her in tan (which I don't find reassuring). I suppose with the majority of Angell-Studio’s customers ordering her in Milk or Solid Butter skin, it's probably not the norm to order tan skin. Despite the lack of AS tan skin doll pictures, I am excited to see how she will look like when she arrives (excited along with being extremely nervous)! The Lesser and Greater sculpts have also been out for a while before the announcement of the mermaid tails. Has anyone seen any user pictures of the two of them? I tried to look up their names in both Japanese and Chinese in google with no success.

Let me tie in my previous mention of my Grail AS Claudia. While I was debating whether or not to order Lesser Snow Mermaid, I came across a promotion on Facebook, which Angell-Studio would add in an additional head for 45 USD… any sculpt. So I emailed them to ask if they would be able to make an Elf Claudia for me? (She was a limited sculpt back from 2012, has been since sold out and I have never seen her on sale on the second hand market. That was the perfect sign to see if ordering Lesser Snow was meant to be)! Sure enough they still have her sculpt mold and have agreed to make her!
      I ordered her in Milk without a body so I'm completely ecstatic to receive her but she'll need to share my Kana's solid pink body until I can find her one.

Does anyone have any recommendations on white skin SD bodies that have a good resin match for milk skin? Or would you suggest saving up and ordering directly from AS and save myself the headache of making a hybrid?

Excuse the awfully long post. I've been talking my sister's ear with all my concerns when she doesn't really know how to answer. I'm looking forward to seeing others who have ordered the mermaid tails! Thanks for reading!

#269 AquaValkyrie, Nov 6, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    10. welcome back @AquaValkyrie
      I ordered the mermaid as soon as she became available. I ordered the greater snow in tan skin and paid in full (so my doll and yours could be related lol :P). Shes still not here, so I dont think anyone really has her yet? Im just guessing

I already have the Greater Snow or DaXue in solid white, I love how vampire white she looks, earlier photo. I asked if I can buy the mermaid tail in white separately for her, since they removed her human listing and offered her as a mermaid with additional parts and they said no :/ I feel like next time, its better to wait DX
      [​IMG]

Congratulations on getting the Claudia head as an elf :) I missed that event or wasnt offered it -_-
      I would get their body because you know it will match + its a very nice body and really solid. The only thing I would suggest is to restring because I feel it is too tight and I worry about the tension effect on the resin in the future :(

11. Hi @GreenTeaSlug, thank you so much for a quick reply! I really must get back into participating more on DoA's amazing community!
      At first I wasn't sure if I should order Lesser or Greater I wanted them both so badly. I adore your Greater Snow! She's the first picture outside of Angell-Studio's I have seen of her and she's absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad you order a tan Greater Snow, too bad you couldn't order her tail separately, that would've saved your wallet though! Your human and mermaid will be so elegant together, she's a beautiful sculpt!

I think you're right I should just order Claudia's body from AS, that would be less stressful and then focus on restringing her later. I know I'm already impatient waiting for Lesser to arrive. I keep having box opening dreams about her. XD

12. @AquaValkyrie

If there is anything you need to see more of, I would gladly help :) I ordered the mermaid on the 26 of june so I think maybe she will be here this year?

fun fact, the torso attached to the mermaid tail (the stomach) is actually in the same color as the mermaid transparent tail, its airbrushed to look like the human flesh of your doll :)

Lesser Snow is amazing, I didnt know who to choose either and everyone I showed them to all thought Lesser snow is so much nicer and prettier, but I liked the sleepy eyes of G and how I can make her look nonchalant lol I really want to see your Lesser Snow when she arrives! I looked through your IG and your photography is amazing!

I think you will be very happy with the new body, it really is IMHO one of my favorite bjd bodies because its elegant and sturdy, I like it better than my SDgrG body.

Before you buy it though, you should ask AS if the Claudia head would fit on it. This is the body, I think you can even choose that she comes with heeled legs or with high heel feet as an option instead?
      1/3 Girl with flat legs and normal chest(2017)

I liked LiuRushi but I dont like the default body she comes with, they said the head is not compatible with the new body I linked up because it was made for the bigger 62 body, and that she has a different neck system that will not allow the head to attach to the 2017 body I linked above

13. @GreenTeaSlug I ordered my XiaZhi earlier this year and she shipped within a month, so I'm pretty confident you'll get yours by the end of the year!

14. @NekoNyanMew Ah the beautiful Summer Solstice doll! Thats imho the top 3 most beautiful AS dolls they made :) It was a very nice treat to see so much of her, and beautiful pictures of her on your IG :aheartbea:aheartbea

I had trouble with the official website so I ordered from the dealer since I was getting frustrated that replies were coming every 2-3 weeks -_- so maybe thats why shes not finished as quick, I hope for another head event because now with the Greater Snow mermaid (I ordered extra upper piece since I was worried removing and putting the bust on would scrape the tan airbrush from the mermaid torso), I have a full human body in tan without a head ......I asked, and my choices were either Kana head or Cinderella head at 150 for tan skin :moo

By the way, has anyone seen the new basic girl, TaoYao? :daisy Shes very beautiful! She has that Volks Lorina lips (shes so expensive and beautiful :'() so Im thinking TaoYao with her pout and that cute nose could be a substitute :arainclou for me, maybe next year. I ruined all my doll plans and budget, did not stick to anything :barf

15. Thank you! I really do think she's perfect and I'm so glad I was able to get her. :D

Ah, who did you order from? I had some issues with the English speaking representative, too. I asked for a minor change to the faceup and they kept sending me the old photos as "updated" faceup photos. Eventually I just told them to ship the doll because it was starting to get ridiculous, and my faceup requests were actually honored! The representative just had no idea what they were doing.

(I vote for a Kana head, BTW. She's super cute!)

TaoYao is gorgeous and I don't want to look at the AS website anymore because I'm going to do something dangerous with my money. :...(

16. Hello! I've been following this thread since early this year and I adore all the Angell Studio girls you've shared. AS is really an amazing brand!

At the moment, I have a Xi Shi and a few other BJDs from different companies. My original plan was to get 3 girls from different companies with different skin tones. But unfortunately, they don't blend well. This is the reason why i decided to just stick with AS and let go of my other girls. Too bad I missed Hua Rong and Sherry.

17. @be.enzo Did you try their new 2017 version girl body? It is very beautiful and I think you should get one of their newer 1/3 girls with that body if you are able to, it is amazing and very pretty and cool

Dont give up on Hua Rong and Sherry yet, there was an event very recently if you spend x amount of money, you are able to get one of the discontinued heads for $25 extra
      make sure you follow them on facebook because the event was for their FB fans I think, I missed it :(

I love Angell Studio too, I couldnt resist and ordered TaoYao in milk skin, when I went to Japan I saw a volks doll in white skin, these dolls were only for the people living in Japan so I was heart broken and she kept on getting on my mind. I saw TaoYue and imagined her with purple hair and she looks like that doll, but better and even more magical, couldnt ignore that haha. At this rate, Ill be a lonely old man living alone and talking to his dolls :shudder

Their communication has improved a lot from last time so I think people who were hesitant, could give them a try now :)

Im now hoping that the mermaid dolls dont finish and I get a shipping request in january or later... I dont like december shipments, I get so worried about lost mail or damage :eek:

18. Thanks for the info, @GreenTeaSlug! I've heard good reviews about the newer body and will definitely try it out soon.

I actually don't order from AS directly and just course it through our local bjd dealer. She's chinese, so I think communicating with AS is much faster. I've been constantly bugging her about HuaRong, but unfortunately, it's really sold out. But she did manage to get me a Hua Yue slot. I ordered her early this month and production time (including shipping) normally takes about 2-3 months. I'm still not giving up on Hua Rong, though. :-)

TaoYao is also beautiful! Hope you can have your girl soon!

19. Oh gosh I've been trawling the AS website and I'm in love with the Western style Lan Ling *o* I'm not a fan of the AS bodies though, so I think I'll have to find someone willing to split or maybe find just his head second hand!

Does anyone have any pictures of their Lan Ling western or normal for some inspiration?

20. I've got the King Lan Ling in normal pink... strangely, not that many good body shots, but here's one:

[​IMG]